Heritage Hotel St. Petersburg

Expedia.com IHG Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Saint Petersburg

The outfield and scoreboard at the TropThe outfield and scoreboard at the Trop

marchand'smarchand's

sunset at St. Pete's Beach, FLsunset at St. Pete's Beach, FL

holocaust museumholocaust museum

Best place to stay in Saint Petersburg

by GUYON

I am planning a vacation in Saint Petersburg (Florida) for December 2009 and I cannot decide what is the best place to stay according to our criteria.
I must say we will have a rented car and we wish to stay in a hotel or a motel (up to 150$).
First of all, we want to stay on a island, not in downtown but I have to match the following criteria :
- the accomodation must be directly on the beach
- I see some islands have a narrow beach and we prefer to enjoy a larger strip of sand.
- the area must have restaurants and some shops because we like to stroll after the dinner
- with an easy and quick access (by car) to Saint Petersburg because we wish to visit some attractions of the city (and may be) of Tampa. Especially, we plan to visit the Dali Museum.

Thanks for your answers

by toemayn

http://www.johnspasscondos.com/index.html#units Good luck finding anything for $150us that would match your criteria.
The beach at Treasure Island is very wide .... http://treasureislandflorida.org/motels.htm

by GUYON

Pass A Grille seems attractive. I guess the beach is West, along Gulf Blvd and there is no beach on the East (Pass A Grille avenue)

Could you suggest a hotel on this beach :
- on the beach
- with a free parking
- around 100$

Thanks
RAY

by GUYON

Thanks for the interesting pictures.

by GUYON

Thanks for the interesting pictures.
I am still hesitating between Inn on the Beach in the Pass a Grille area and Howard Johnson which is on the North part. There is a significant difference of pricing (89,55 versus 145$) due to the presence of a kitchen in the Inn on the Beach.
If you know the two accomodations what are the pro and con of each?

by gaolei

Pass-a grill beach is the best beach near St Pete. Look at the keystone hotel if it is still open. We always went there when I was a Kid.

Travel Tips for Saint Petersburg

SUN RISE in SAINT PETERSBURG FLORIDA

by 1IRISHLAD1

If you are into photography then SAINT PETERSBURG will give you some of the greatest sunrises and sunsets you will ever see. A lot of the locals will go to the beach to see the sunsets. After a day of go,go,go it is extremely relaxing to just set and feel the breeze as the sun sets down into the GULF of MEXICO. I find it is the best way to end the day, it makes you feel like your at peace with the world.

waterway houses and privacy

by arasnosliw

There's many waterways, canals, etc. in Tampa Bay and many million dollar waterside homes stretching along them. They offer tours of these waterways to view the ritzy houses, and at Christmas time people take the cruises to view the decorative lights. It seems like an invasion of privacy to me. If I paid millions to live in one of these houses, I certainly wouldn't want obnoxious photo-snapping tourists prowling around in my waters taking photos of my home and boat.

Ha, well I just took a photo and contradicted myself.

Pinellas Trail

by arasnosliw

For biking, jogging, walking your dog, etc. hit the Pinellas Trail. This path extends from St. Petersburg all the way north to Tarpon Springs, approx 34 miles. It should stretch longer when the project is fully completed.

"An average of 90,000 persons use the Trail each month. The Trail is a unique greenway corridor linking some of Pinellas County?s most picturesque parks, scenic coastal areas and residential neighborhoods. While traveling along the Trail, outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy deep glades of ancient live oaks trailing Spanish moss, quiet waterways and tidal streams with all varieties of land and water birds. The Trail is a priceless haven in a busy, highly urbanized environment, where Trail-goers safely breeze along. The construction of eight overpasses allow Trail-goers to travel above traffic at busy intersections." (from website) bike
running shoes
pet
yourself

We went to this great park a...

by nature-girl

We went to this great park a couple of mornings to walk and enjoy nature. It was a much welcomed break from the fast pace of some of the other places we visited. We saw many birds, snakes, and 'gators! The park has a nice raised wooden walk way through out the park - it was wonderful!

We have visited many local...

by snoop_sister

We have visited many local restaurants through the years, but find that when we return the following year, what was our favorite restaurant has become an office building. We usually try to find Italian restaurants or well-known chains that we are sure will have food for vegetarians. Like the Olive Garden. Our favorite St. Pete restaurant for breakfast is The Clock. There are a few Clocks scattered through Florida. It's inhabited by local people and reminds us of our Big Boy Restaurants in Michigan.
The Clock's wait staff are very friendly and seem to know everyone who comes through the door. We have gone there the past 2 years after discovering their delicious breakfasts in 2001 and each morning when we pop in, the waitresses remember us from the previous visit. It's a 'local color' restaurant..not at all touristy. Breakfast...scrambled eggs, toast and the most spectacular hashbrowns we've ever tasted.

Comments