Inn at the Bay

126 Fourth Ave. N.E., Saint Petersburg, Florida, 33701, United States

More about Inn at the Bay

loved "the inn"

I decided to surprise my husband of 21 years with a little bit of romance for Valentine's Day this year. Rather than the usual hotel stay, I chose the Inn at the Bay. What a charming, romantic place! From the Lighthouse Suite, to the Blue Heron Suite, the luxorious robes, the feather beds, and the large jacuzzi tubs, the weekend was successful! Although we didn't get to meet Jewly (she was away), Dennis was the ultimate host. Our stay at "The Inn" was fabulous. Great getaway for any reason!

R&J, Tampa, FL

Best stay ever - everything perfect!

We just stayed at the Inn this past weekend and I'm taking time out of my day to place this note. My girlfriend and I spent our 1yr anniversary at this B&B and we loved everything about it from the location, to the beds, to the whirlpool tubs...and the gourment breakfasts were outstanding! We had first tried to get in at other traditonal Hotels in the area and we're very happy that we were unsuccessful. We are already talking about going back because we loved it so much and we just left yesterday!

Peace and Relaxation

The place was great, all the rooms have private bathrooms either with shower or tub. The hosts were alot of fun and very informative. The gourmet breakfast was awesome and the portions were just right. We enjoyed meeting other guests at the cocktail hour held on Friday & Saturday evenings. We are looking forward to going back.

Terrific B&B

We stayed here for a wedding nearby. Other wedding guests were here also. We were able to socialize in the lovely sittingroom, sit on the porch, etc. We all felt as though we were staying with friends. The owners do a great job of making you feel at home. Our room was lovely, comfortable and had all the usual amenities. Their cook is devoted to creative breakfasts, but will also do anything simple too.

An EXCELLENT Place to Stay

This is so great! Dennis, Jewly, Michael, and Shea really make you feel like one of the family while you are there. The breaskfasts prepared by Michael are wonderful. You will be amazed how much you love breakfast.

I can't recommend this B&B highly enough, words cannot properly describe the food, the people or the accommodations. If you are going to St. Pete you must stay here.

Couldn't have been improved!

by TripAdvisor Member rehn

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at the Bay for four nights. We enjoyed every minute of our stay. The owners, Shai ,and the chef, Michael, were wonderful -- friendly, quick to make us comfortable and welcome, generous with time and help.

The inn has been totally renovated, but retains a warmth and charm not often found in "modernized" buildings. From the hardwood floors and other architectural details to the antique furnishings, this is a house that makes you feel you've been invited into someone's home as a special guest. Each room is different. We had planned on staying in Heron, but changed to the Sunset Suite so that we could stay an extra night. The room was painted a warm rose. Furnishings were in dark wood with comfortable wing chairs and ottomans. The bed was a huge four-poster with canopy and side drapes. Everything was immaculate, comfortable and beautiful.

My husband is on a low-fat, low-sodium diet and we are both allergic to dairy products. This is a concern for us whenever we eat out, but when I made the reservations, Dennis and Shai both assured me that it wouldn't be a problem. All of the two-course breakfasts were created with our restrictions in mind. We ate the most delicious, beautiful meals you could imagine. Michael (and Shai who cooked our first breakfast) made us feel that they enjoyed cooking things we could eat safely. In many restaurants it's a challenge to get your needs across and servers occasionally make you feel that you're a bother to ask. You never feel that way at the Inn at the Bay.

Each room has individual air conditioning units. My husband and I don't like it very cool, but one evening we noticed that our room was growing warm. On the way out to the Dali Museum with our daughter, I mentioned it to Dennis and asked if he could look at it if he had the time. It truly wasn't an emergency, but we were both pleasantly surprised. When we returned, Dennis told us that after he found that the unit wasn't working, he'd put in another one while we were out. You just don't find that kind of attention and care at most hotels.

The inn isn't kidding when they say you can walk to most of the attractions. Baywalk is just two blocks away with shops, restaurants (try TooJays' Deli; it's terrific!), movies and a stop where you can pick up the looper trolley. Downtown is another couple of blocks from that and the Pier and museums are easy to get to, too.

I wish we had stayed longer. The inn has a pretty little garden and lots of small, intimate areas to sit in with a cool drink (and a cookie) and we never had the time to do it.. Everyone on staff (including the housemaid) was so friendly and helpful. If you go, you'll never want to leave.

Pampered in St. Pete

My husband and I stayed at the Inn at the Bay June 23 because the Vinoy Renaissance, where my conference was taking place, was overbooked. Thank goodness it was. At the Inn at the Bay, we were clued in to the best dining spots around -- complete with menus to check over -- given maps for wherever we wanted to go, enjoyed a late evening film from its well-stocked DVD library, sampled the complimentary cookies and soft drinks and feasted on chef Michael Senecas's breakfast (a unique French Toast Casserole among other goodies).
Friendly people, huge comfortable bed, hair dryer, large bath, wireless internet and parking in the back. And did we mention it's a block from both the pier and from Baywalk shopping? It's barely pricier than the Hampton Inn three blocks over and well worth that extra!

happy with hibiscus

my husband and i enjoyed a lovely 4th of july weekend at the inn at the bay. thanks especially to the innkeeper, shai, who catered to our every need - including getting us hot chocolate on a rainy night and printing out our boarding passes for us the day we left. we especially enjoyed the warm banana nut bread every night and the delicious breakfasts!

thanks for making our trip one to remember!

Loved the Breakfast and the people

my wife and i really needed to get away for a couple of days and realx so we serached the internet for bed abd breakfast. we fouind the inn by the bay and chose to stay there the 4th of July weekend and it was absolutely wonderful. we checked in on Saturday and were made to feel at home right away. The lady who manges the place (her name is Shay) was extemely hospitable and really made our time there very special. every evening she would bake hot banana nut bread and we would meet her in the kitchen and get it straight out of the oven. she was always warm and friendly with us. every morning we were served a gourmet breakfast which was very filling and delicious. the rooms are gorgeous and sleeping in the beds are like a piece of heaven. this is a very classy and friendly Bed and Breakfast. if you are looking for a home away from home then this is teh place.

Sunset!!

by TripAdvisor Member chacob

What a beautiful place!!
My husband and I needed a leisure getaway and The Inn was perfect. It has that historical home feel without the old house grime. The atmosphere and the food was unforgetable fruit parfait and fluffy waffles.
The Sunset room is so romantic, four post king size bed with drapes, feather top mattress, and large lovely pillows, I felt like a princess. The staff were so comfortable, it was like being at home.
The location was great too. Right near the bay so you could walk to it and stroll. Or go to downtown st. pete and catch art shows or listen to music.
We did not want to go home. We will definitely be back.

Comments