Ramada Inn Treasure Island

Costs 74% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Ramada Inn Treasure Island

Loved the Sunset Vistas

by TripAdvisor Member SevenUrbans

Read all the reviews here on TripAdvisor and decided to check this place out. We drove down from the Toronto Area (GTA) for March Break. It's a new condo complex right on the beach. The 2 bedroom condo we had was on the 6th floor, Northwest side. Great sunset views! Our place was clean and pretty much met our expectations. The kitchen is fully equipped with the standards plus a blender & toaster. The stainless sink did have a little rust staining - how does that happen? No big deal, however. The Master Bedroom is sufficient, and the 2nd bedroom was tight - but that's ok. We were 5 adults and 3 kids, so our oldest slept on the pull out sofa. Good quality, had sheets, but no blanket. They were out. Again no problem - as we read about this and had one along! The only thing we didn't think of was to bring another set of summer dishes and cups... you get 6 of each (which is also normal) so you have to wash everything you use in the morning so you have it for the afternoon. Seating was a little tight to watch TV, but we brought in the balcony chairs to get by. There were 3 TVs, each with a built-in DVD player and the main TV also had a VCR. I picked up a $0.50 tape at Wal-Mart to record Idol & Survivor while we were out to dinner. The pool was great - nice and warm like my ladies like it ;-). The hot tub seemed well over 104F, but felt good - especially in the evening when it cooled down outside. The beach is great and your super close to it. White sand and lots of shells. We were at the beach all day, every day except Friday when a cool front came in. Friends of ours recommended a BBQ Chain: Sonny's... we all loved the baby back ribs. Ate there 3 times - once on the way down around the GA-FL border, and twice while we were there. We also liked the Friendly Fisherman at St. John's pass - it's close, but I recommend driving and parking in the garage for $3. We also liked Mulligan's on Gulf Ave. about 1mi or so South. It's by an inlet and we watched some dolfins playing while waiting for our food. Friday we hit Crabby Bill's and were a little disappointed. It was busy with locals, but we didn't get as much food for the $$ as the other places. You can find lots of shopping Northeast of the place: Wal-Mart, Target, Publix (grocery), Sports Authority, GameStop, etc etc.... there's a Sonny's around there too! Anyone familiar with Bob Evans from the US Midwest will find one over there as well. Our place also came with covered parking which was great. Not all parking is covered, and it's based on which condo number you get. We had a great time overall, and would go back again if we get the chance.

Looking Forward

by TripAdvisor Member ourtripBarrie

After reading the reviews of this hotel...and using TripAdvisor for vacations over the past several years....I thought it might be fun to do a before & after.
After searching waterfront properties in the St. Petes, Clearwater area, and reading many TripAdvisor reviews...we booked in at the Sunset Vistas for the last week in March.
Why? We are looking for cleanliness(new building), direct Ocean view(which was available), a bedroom on the ocean side(we like to hear the ocean from the bedroom), quiet(we questioned about music at the pool....cannot stand the boom.boom..boom), a full kitchen & laundry( like to make breakfast & lunch in the room & pack light)
We sent an email to the hotel expressin gour concern about being on a lower floor overhanging the bar/pool areas(quiet & privacy are musts). We received a quick and friendly response soothing our concerns.
There are mixed reviews on this property since we booked..so as usual..we head out with just a little anxiety..as I'm sure most travellers do. So....stay tuned for our report the first of April.
Mark & Donna Taylor
Barrie Ontario

some things good others not so good

by TripAdvisor Member jabstair

Just got back from a 1 week stay in treasure island. Let me say right away that cleanleness of a hotel is my major concern!! I dont care about room service or be pampered on vacations so we LIKE condo-style vacations! Sunset vistas not so clean not awful...but lets say I borrowed a mop from housekeeping because my feet were black from the floor. It is right by the beach and Im sure its hard to keep clean. It was very busy when we were there, and I always got a chair by the pool, and the pool was great clean and warm. The beach was beautiful and not crowded. The people at the front desk not that helpful... there was a flood 2 rooms down and even though it was out of their control we were kept up ALL night with the clean-up and the next day at 7pm still banging I called the front desk to see if it was another all-nighter or were they just about done? No apologies from the desk.. No concern..No offer to move NOTHING.That was dissapointing. The beds were the hardest thing I have ever layed on!! and in our room everytime some one flushed a toilet it sounded like a bucket of water being dumped in our room , but that may have been part of the plumbing problem going on. Take it for what its worth.... the hotel and weather were beautiful. I hope if you go you have better luck than us.

Home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member Seasoned_Vacationer

My husband, myself and my 18-month old daughter just returned from a pleasant week stay at the Sunset Vistas. The rooms are extremely spacious, very nicely decorated and have all of the conviences of being at home. The hotel is directly on the beach and most of the rooms have a view of the gulf...which is wonderful.

I have to admit, I did like the hotel room, the pool and the beach BUT I have to say...the room was not that clean, staff was not helpful or friendly, the convienence store that they talk about having, is basically a few baskets in their "restaurant" with some soaps and is anything but convenient and their restaurant while they had good food, the hours were awful (8:30AM-5PM). If you wanted to grab a coffee there at 7:30AM or grab a quick bite after 5PM forget about it....start you're 20 minute trek to Mc D's.

There is not much to do in this area. John's Pass is about a 10 minute walk away but it was under construction and you have to pass over this awfully dangerous bridge....doing this with a toddler was not fun.

If you are looking for a place to relax, with not much to do other than cook your own meals or order in, or a visit a couple local shops, I would recommend staying here. However, if you expect all of the ammenties of a hotel (i.e. daily cleaning services, restaurants opened 'round the clock) and you want to do stuff around the area..don't stay here because you won't like it.

I agree with the other comments. Read the reviews and you will not be dissappointed.

Here is a list of Pros and Cons:
PROS:
-Large rooms (2 bed, 2 bath)
-Large kichen (stove, microwave and dishwasher)
-Washer/Dryer - very convient when travelling with a toddler
-Walk-out balconies
-2 TV's, 2 DVD players
-Weekly cleaning service (which I liked). I tidied up and washed things myself. I really don't like people poking around the room while I'm out.
-Nice pools, beach & views

CONS:
-Rooms not that clean. I had to mop the floor when I got there.
-Not close to anything
-Need a car to travel. Trying to walk everywhere is not feasible
-Staff not friendly
-Convience store and Restaurant hours were awful
-Construction being done next door (loud)
-Construction at John's Pass

Great for Families

by TripAdvisor Member lsj001

We have 2 small children, LOVED having kitchen, washer/dryer.
Right on the beach, just needed to take a few things, and could
run back in for diaper changes etc.
Place was clean, new...had a great time! Found Tampa in general was a bit run down, but this area seems to be building
itself back up again...you definitely need a rental car...we went to Busch Gardens 15 minutes away, and Orlando 90 minutes
away.

The Rays in the field, from the third base line.The Rays in the field, from the third base line.

skyway bridge accidentskyway bridge accident

sunset at St. Pete's Beach, FLsunset at St. Pete's Beach, FL

heritage villageheritage village

Clearwater/St. Pete/Treasure Island-where to stay with older teens

by maxthecat

We are traveling to this area in August. With us will be 17 and 18 year old girls - just one of each. We would like to stay in an area that has younger people and directly on the beach. They get the weekend on the beach and then we are moving inland. It's our daughter's friends first time to fly/leave the state of Texas. We really want it to be FUN! While I thought about booking at Sunset Vistas in Treasure Island, I keep fearing that the area will not be as much fun as Clearwater. We were looking at a 2 bed/2 bath on Treasure Island and if we move to Clearwater, it seems that most are hotel rooms and some even have FULL size beds instead of queens. In a way, money is not an issue because we are using credit card award points. Any ideas of great beach resort/hotels that will be great to older teens? Thanks in advance.

Re: Clearwater/St. Pete/Treasure Island-where to stay with older teens

by maxthecat

Thanks for your quick reply. We want SAFE fun. I have held off booking the room because of some sort of "feeling" I had. Because they are award points, we only get one shot at a booking a place. Clearwater it is then.

Re: Clearwater/St. Pete/Treasure Island-where to stay with older teens

by Joanna.83

Clearwater is a great place to visit. I went there once with my family but it's a little pricey. Have you tried Northwest Florida? Perdido Key, Fl is a great place to take the kids. It's not as crowded and has a great waterpark nearby called Waterville, USA. You're right on the beach and the seafood is amazing. I live just outside of Perdido Key and go there just about every weekend. Good luck!

Comments