Island Beach Club

2265 West Gulf Drive, , Florida, 33957, United States

More about Sanibel

Our daughter with one of the mantees, priceless!Our daughter with one of the mantees, priceless!

Beach at the InnBeach at the Inn

View up the beach from our 2nd story room.View up the beach from our 2nd story room.

July on Sanibel Island

by jbossow

I've been to Sanibel Island in Feb & March and the weather was great. What about in July? I heard it was very hot, usually rains everyday in the late afternoon and there are problems with bugs. Do you agree?

by Rhondaj

yes, yes, yes.
i was there for a week in july and you pretty much described it. rains were usually quick passing thunderstorms in mid-afternoons though. rest of the day and evening were dry. i remember it being very humid.

by moirholj

Yes, I agree with the post above... But it is those summer storms that kick up the best shells on the beach and I can't resist that, even in July!

by kiminatl

It is very hot, but there is often a nice beach breeze which helps a bit. As stated previously, the rainshowers are very brief and should not to be of concern. As for bugs, it depends on where you are and what you're doing. Mosquitos are particularly fond of me, so I can't venture out at dawn or dusk without repellent. If you're on the beach, away from trees and such, it's not too bad.

Travel Tips for Sanibel

To make it easier

by Meggi

shopping bags! good walking shoes, water shoes(a real must, i could show you the scar from a shell that cut my foot :) light clothing (of course!;) a good hat. bug spray for those real hot months! i bring tons of film an umbrella on the beach is nice for shade,dont forget your fishing pole! Coffee and lots of it! Who wants to waste tinme Sleeping here?!?!

Live conchs!

by Meggi

Its not quite a secret but going onto the causeway beaches and strolling early morning you find so many shells, i have found so many large live conchs, there somthing to see! but please do not collect live shells,there are plenty of empties for all. Also if you can get up so early one of the most beautiful sites i have seen is at the lighthouse beach, the sunrise is so lovely.

Meggi's Sanybel Page

by Meggi

"Upon entering the Causeway......."

I think i have entered paradise, oh wait.... it is paradise!
I discovered Sanybel (this is the old spelling) 5 ys. ago, since then, i have made 5 trips back, my 6th will be in 11 days (oh joy!) I havnt made trips any where since, is this a sickness? Anyway back to the causeway, I remember my first time seeing it, Just a beautiful stretch of glimmering sand and blue waters, we stopped and got out, within ten minutes of sitiing there we saw a mother dolphin and baby cresting the water, maybe 200 ft out, this i believe was the moment my heart was swept away, never to be the same, and i would have it no other way!

Sanibel is a great family vacation spot!

by JuliaL

If you're looking for a great place to take your family, Sanibel Island fills the bill. There are plenty of activities for kids, reasonably-priced places to eat, and shells, shells, shells! One of the best shelling sites in Florida.

Comments