Kings Crown Condominiums

2721 West Gulf Drive, Sanibel Island, Florida, 33957, United States

More about Sanibel Island

Sunset off the northern tip of Captiva IslandSunset off the northern tip of Captiva Island

old captiva houseold captiva house

I secretly wanted to steal her hatI secretly wanted to steal her hat

InsideInside

6 Days in Sanibel or Sarasota

by squidbeak

I will be crossing the state of Florida to explore the other coast and am looking at Sanibel Island or Sarasota. I am wondering if 6 days is too long to be in Sanibel. Depending on who you ask, different people say it gets boring once you picked the shells and gone to the State Park. I love the art in Sarasota, it is my next choice. I think there is more to do there for 6 days. I am bringing my two dogs, Sylvester, a 6 lb. maltese and Buster Brown a 7 Lb. miniature pincture.

by FRED318

Hi / I go over to the West Coast (Sarasota) for 7 to 10 days every year / just
chill out in the daytime and enjoy the nightlife. Good break from the routine !

by TheTravelSlut

I would consider Sarasota and either do 1-2 day trips to Sanibel (about 90 minutes) or split your time between the two. Sanibel & Captiva are OK if the weather and water is fine but if not, you are limited and Ft. Myers is your only outlet.

TTS

by Harleygirl58

Sanibel is very laid back; not much happens there. You have to go to FT Myers if you want any nightlife! I loved it in Sanibel because it was very relaxing, quiet (I had young kids) and not over crowded. It all depends on what you want.

Travel Tips for Sanibel Island

FOOT MASSAGE???

by cheesecake17

While on the beach you can becareful to wear proper shoes in order not to get injured by the sharp shells. or you can just If you've plant your feet where the shells have washed up, you get the sensation of a foot massage as they burrow beneath you.

bug spray and water shoes

by janiac

If you are walking the beaches of Sanibel, I highly recommend some type of water shoe, as there are bazillions of shells, broken shells on the beach. Also I am told there can be little sting rays but I didn't see any in the shallows

Doc Ford's

by shohman about Doc Ford's Rum Bar

we stopped here on a rainy afternoon and it was packed so we sat at the bar. Food was just ok, but this is a big place and the people seemed very friendly. Something about the island atmosphere makes people so relaxed.

WARNING: they don't serve Guinness >:( I had a chicken cesar salad. It was just ok.

Best Sports Bar/Restaurant on Sanibel!

by swkat about The Sanibel Grill

Loads of TV's all around the pub...on Sunday's you'll find you're favorite NFL team playing here! Crispy Grouper, breaded with corn flake cereal, served in a basket....and, best of all: $1 Bloody Marys on Sunday afternoons!

Mini Golf

by janiac

We went to a nice mini golf place (can't remember the name again, sorry -- I think it was Smugglers Cove or something like that, but they have little alligators you can feed as a clue of which one it is.) The kids enjoyed this and it was relatively close to Sanibel in Fort Myers Beach

Comments