Holiday Inn Sarasota-Lido Beach

HolidayInn.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 67% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo

Nice

Just day visitors, but impressed w/ close proximity to Lido Beach (right across the street) and the views from the upper floors. Good prices off season, too and great view from restaurant on 7th floor.

Unique Quality: Older property, if not dated, but again, Lido isn't As popular as Siesta key, so it's not as crowded.

Directions: Near the beach!

More about Holiday Inn Sarasota-Lido Beach

Was Just OK

by TripAdvisor Member mel77gap

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Lido Beach hotel for Memorial Day weekend. The hotel itself needed to be updated a little. The only great thing about the hotel was it was right on the beach and a two minute walk to St. Armands circle. We got a great deal through Travel Zoo, $89 a night, compared to $189 a night through Holiday Inn. I would not spend $189 a night for this hotel, but it is on the beach. We were on the 6th floor which is right under the resturant and in the middle of the night we were woken up by some kind of animal running through our rooms ceiling, rats maybe?? I spoke w/ the manager about the problem in the morning but he didn't do anything besides apologize):

Spectacular views!

by TripAdvisor Member skydoggie

We just stayed at the Holiday Inn Lido Beach, although skeptical after reading some of these reviews. We found this holiday Inn to definitely be above average. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the elevators worked very well, the rooms were spacious, very clean and comfortable, we had a gulfview room and had a spectacular view of the gulf, we could see the dolphins every morning, and the spectacular sunsets every evening. The bathrooms were nice although water pressure was a little low. The location is absolutely wonderful, across the street to the beach which is very well kept and was the nicest beach area around, the hotel provides towels for the beach and they have a couple cabanas with lawn chairs you can rent. Only 2 blocks to Armands Circle for shopping, dinner and ice cream, we went every night because its a very nice walk.
The only downside was the pool was pretty nasty with suntan oil, sand, and things floating, but it was the busy season. The little tiki bar was expensive, served weak drinks and the bartenders were slow and lacked experience.
We would definitely go back again. We very much enjoyed the Holiday Inn Lido Beach, I highly recommend it. Thank you to everyone who reviewed this hotel and influenced our decision to stay here, this was a last minute trip for us and we were not familar with this area at all.

Visiting Sarasota Beach on the...

by nuker

Visiting Sarasota Beach on the Gulf side.
Somewhat subdued beach community. Sarasota felt more like a retirement community than a resort town. I met some kids in high school on the plane over and they seem to feel the same way. This was great for us becuase we had more of the beach to ourselves. We were able to walk around the beach and explore without any disturbances.

What A Find!

After a month of researching for a cottage getaway with nobody returning my calls or emails, I gave up and in frustration typed in my Google...Sarasota Vacation. Bingo! Up pops Priceline with a package deal of Air, Hotel and Rental at a Cool one thousand less than what my research and gruntwork had turned up. But the downside was it was at a Holiday Inn? I read other reviews and decided this snob should give it a try...afterall I was bushed and the savings were substantial. I was never disappointed. The food, service, room, view and location, location, location was what I wanted. I will go back. PS...try the Hamburger Basket at the Public Beach area just to the South of the Hotel and The Steak Salad with Gorgonzola and Sundried Tomato Dressing at the Hotel Poolside is the best! Two blocks from World class shopping.

Impossible to get front desk or food service

Several members of my family and friends stayed in the hotel for three days and everyone had trouble with something: Incompetent front desk service, room keys repeatedly not working, balcony doors not moving, waiting for 75 minutes for food at the bar (2 hamburgers), average tasting food on the 7th floor which was opened limited hours - not the hours listed in the book in the rooms, booked rooms not ready until well after 4 pm, vending machines that did not work, and a rude manager. However the hotel was clean, convenient to the ocean and shopping and with pretty oceanviews (if you got the room you booked, which we did not.) I would not stay there again.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Brielks

Recently stayed here 13th - 16th May, very nice hotel.
Excellent location just across the road from lovely beach.
Arrived Sat evening after a bit of a drive but front counter staff member Trae was very helpful.
We had the opportunity to view the room first and as they were a bit busy we were given two complimentary breakfast tokens. This covers up to $20 - but beware this hotel charges you nearly $2 extra for the orange juice not included in the buffet - heard other people complain about this!
Good pool to the side with comfy sunbeds, nice Tikki bar and very nice salads!
A 5 minute walk takes you to St Armands Circle - quality shops and restraunts.
Would we stay there again - absolutely. Very clean and good value.

So and so

Stayed there for 4 nights. Booked via AAA. Beachfront rooms. Had two rooms - one smoking, one non-smoking. When we arrived they put the smokers in a room with a sign "non-smoking". After checking if this is the write room, they said it is ok. I suppose they are not very strict with there own regulations. However, the room smelt good - just as a non-smoking room. Lucky if you do not get stucked in a smoking room when you booked a non-smoking room. My parents got a deluxe room - very large. We got stucked with a corner room which is very small compared to all other rooms. We tried to switch, but they only offered us floor 7 without a balcony or floor 3 with two beds. Since we wanted to keep the king bed, we stayed on the 6th floor in our corner room. It was ok though.

Check In was a little long, but good. Young lady from Ukraine checked us in. Hotel seemed to be full due to conference going on.

Got a welcome drink at the bar.

Elevators were both working and fast - no complaints.

Rooms were also comfortable. However, there was only one trash bin which was located in the bathroom - nothing else in the room. They also had no fridge (only in the deluxe rooms) or safe. Balcony was nice and we had a wonderful view each day and night - even saw the dolphins.

Location is good. In walking distance to St. Armands with nice, but pricy shops. If you are a budget traveller, there is not much choice. The restaurants are expensive, but good. At the hotel, food was ok, but also not cheap. We ate once at the hotel and service and quality were fine.

I have a big complaint about the complimentary beach chairs and umbrellas. Before booking I asked at the hotel how it is handled. They told me that there is everything for free. However, they did not tell me that you have to be in time in the morning to get some of the chairs and umbrellas. One morning, we were down at 8.30 am and everything was gone. Also, the equipment was in a horrible quality. Very old. When you want to rent chair and umbrella at the public Lido beach, you have to pay almost 30 USD per day. Therefore, we took the stuff from the hotel although it was not very comfortable. I cannot imagine people staying there for a longer time that they have to use these things....

Beach was ok. However, we had a lot of tang which was only cleaned once a week we heard. Therefore, it looked kind of shabby. Otherwise, it was a nice beach and the ocean was clean too.

For the money we paid, I would not go again there.

Excellent Stay

by TripAdvisor Member autdog

This was my first trip to Lido/Longboat Key and not my last. We checked out beaches from Anna Marie Island to Venice. My favorite beach was Caspersen Beach. It is a small beach near Venice, FL, although the Lido Beach is good too. There is also a nice park on the gulf side as you drive over the bridge from Lido to Longboat Key. There is snorkeling and a sandbar that you can swin out to. Probably 20-30 boats all anchored at the sand bar.

Myakka State park was great too. Lots of wildlife and a tremendous amount of alligators. We wandered the park and there were alligators, literally at every turn. Saint Armands circle was nice too, with plenty of restaurants and shops.

Holiday Inn was an ideal location and the staff at the front desh was very nice. Food service was slow but what is the hurry anyway. I was on vacation. I highly recommend the hotel and the area in general

wonderful vacation

by TripAdvisor Member RainbowWolfRat

We stayed here in May 2006. It was an absolutely wonderful experience. We enjoyed it to the hilt. It is right across the road from the wonderful Lido Beach and in walking distance from St. Armand's Circle. We will definitely return here. Wonderful!!!

Sarasota BeachSarasota Beach