Hotel Indigo Sarasota

charlenemixa's Profile Photo

An Excellent Boutique Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 6, 2014

Hotel Indigo is a terrific hotel. Fresh beach decor, comfy rooms and excellent staff. The beach theme is carried through the comfy guest rooms with bright white furnishings, ocean blue accessories and wall sized murals of colorful beach glass or shells. The king size bed with blue and white striped bedding and quality linens is most inviting. Free wireless internet and the modern glass door refrigerator are perfect for any traveler. We especially love the huge glassed in shower! The staff is excellent always greeting us as we enter and quickly answering any questions.

We found it very convenient to the local attractions! Great Boutique Hotel!

Unique Quality: Fresh clean feel, convenience and "beach theme".

FloridaHurricane's Profile Photo

My 2nd stay at Hotel Indigo with my pet

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 7, 2011

This is my second time staying at Hotel Indigo in Sarasota, and my FIRST time taking my dog Breezie with me. I've always wanted to take my pet with me. We stayed on the first floor, and it like having our own wing, and it was very quiet. All the hotel staff was absolutely wonderful to Breezie. I've been practicing some clicker training with Breezie, to teach her to stay on her doggie blanket when I put it on the floor, this way she always had a place to sit and lay down no matter where we went. We ate in the dining room, and Breezie was perfect. A lot of areas outside for our doggie walks. This is one of my favorite hotels. I will be taking Breezie again, as their are a lot of pet friendly places in Sarasota. Love that area. Thank you so much Hotel Indigo and your great staff for making me & Breezie feel at home.

Unique Quality: Downtown Sarasota a 5 minute drive away, St Armands Circle just a few minutes away. The area is so pretty, and a beautiful park harbor area with lots of free parking spaces.

Found a really cool place to shop, WWW.SARASOTASALVAGE.COM Spent several hours in this store, just walking around looking at neat things, and bought a few items to refinish. One could actually walk to this store, it is so close to the hotel.

Directions: Sarsota harbor area, St. Armands Circle, downtown Sarastoa

FloridaHurricane's Profile Photo

Gal Pal Weekend & Birthday

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 23, 2010

This is a great place, perfect for a gal pal getaway, great day spa's located close by. Or to have a special weekend with a special someone. Rooms are beautiful, very comfortable beds. Huge spa type showers, large bathrooms. Beautiful area to drive around. For those more adventurous there are bicycle rentals, maybe my next stay I'll try that. St. Armands Circle is only a few minutes away, with tons of shops and places to eat. The weekend I was there the circle was having an arts and crafts show, so many diverse artist and styles, something for everyone.

Selby Botanical Gardens only a few minutes away, I didn't get a chance to go visit, but I will next time.

The only negatives I would say is I wish there was a small refrigerator in the room, as a friend sent me a fruit and cheese tray for my birthday, and there was no way to keep it cold. The air conditioner system was a little confusing, but I did figure it out by the second night.

I will definitely be going back to this hotel, it was easy to get to, just about an hour from Tampa, St. Petersburg Clearwater area. I had a friend drive over from the east coast of Florida, was an easy drive from Stuart, Palm Beach area.

Unique Quality: The hotel staff was amazing! Super friendly, super nice, and never acted like it was a bother. I absolutely love the colors of the hotel, beautiful interiors, in the lobby, hallways, and rooms. I actually asked the desk what color the lobby was painted, and they had one of their employees get the "paint recipe" for me!! Love the decor! Definitely a hidden gem, as there are condo's in the area, that it does not feel like a typical hotel.

Sarasota aiport is so close! Basically take 1 turn from the hotel, drive a few miles, and you are there.

And the Hotel Indigo Sarasota is PET FRIENDLY!!

Directions: Very close to the water. Beautiful drive around Sarasota Bay.

Nearby Hotel Indigo Sarasota

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Sarasota Travel Forum

Need advice about Sarasota, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Sarasota and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sarasota hotel reviews

Pelican Man Bird Sanctuary
Terrific Lunch with Family
Tee it up at University Park
Things to Do
LeBarge Tropical Cruises -Funky Sightseeing!
A Tropical Paradise Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
Join the Circus!
Ca d'Zan Mansion -Step into the Golden Era
A Fantastic Fine Dining Restaurant
Don't miss happy hour
Restaurants
All day visit - all good
Great Amish Food - A bit pricey
Catch an Orioles game at Ed Smith Stadium
Siesta Key
Marie Selby Botanical Gardens - Beautiful and lush
Things to Do
Historic Spanish Point - quite a surprise!
De Soto National Monument