Quality Inn & Suites Airport

4800 N. Tamiami Trail, (Formerly Comfort Inn), Sarasota, Florida, 34234, United States
Hotels.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Sarasota

SARASOTA BAYSARASOTA BAY

The banyan groveThe banyan grove

lido beachlido beach

Sarasota Classic Car MuseumSarasota Classic Car Museum

cool accomodations?

by joshandmaura

We're going to be in Sarasota for a few days on business in December. I'd like to find a cool place to stay. We are twenty-somethings and would prefer a place that is different, more modern than most of the places I saw on line. In Sarasota or on Siesta Key would be ideal. Somewhere near the beach with spa treatment for my wife. (I want to take care of her since I'm dragging her along.) Price is not really a concern.
Thank you for any input.

RE: cool accomodations?

by sarahjayn

I love Sarasota. I went to college there - it is my favourite beach town. There are a lot of places to stay in Sarasota, but, you're right, most of them are pretty old and generic. My favourite place to stay is the Gulf Beach Motel, but I don't think that's really your bag. To my knowledge, the Ritz-Carlton is the only resort in Sarasota that offers a full spa treatment. It's off of US 41 - - not on the beach, but near the bridge to the keys.
If I were you, I'd rent a car, stay a private rental house (you can find listings on the internet . . . try longboat or siesta key) or stay in any little hotel on Ben Franklin Drive, and buy your wife a gift certificate to an in-town spa. The Pineapple Holistic Spa is nice.

Travel Tips for Sarasota

HISTORIC BRIDGE STREET

by LoriPori

Take a stroll on HISTORIC BRIDGE STREET and experience the feeling of walking on the Main Stret of a laid back Caribbean Island. Enjoy interesting boutiques and restaurants like the Sun House Restaurant & Bar. You'll find unique lodging on this historic street like the BridgeWalk Resort. You can view the intercoastal Waterway at one end of Bridge Street and The Gulf of Mexico at the other. See the restored Bridge Street Pier. It is a section of the original Plank Bridge which was the only access to the Island from the Mainland for about 40 years. The restored Bridge is now a picturesque fishing pier. You will also discover a quaint clock tower located at the entrance to the pier.

Barbecues on the Beach

by vibi68

Now that was something new to me, in Quebec barbecues are very strictly restrained by different laws... you can't have an open air barbecue in your own backyard if you live in the city. So permitting openned air barbecues in such public places as beaches was amazing to me, actually a life saver in my case (see Siesta Key travelogue). In designated area along most beaches (even the public ones) in Sarasota, Florida... you are allowed to bring your steaks, charcoal and spices to the picnic tables! I didn't have children at the time, but I'm thinking today, it would be a great way to keep an eye on them playing on the beach, as I'd be cooking supper.

My favorite restaurant is...

by probation about Johnny Leverocks

My favorite restaurant is Johnny Leverock's. It is located in Bradenton Beach. This a wonderful 20 mile drive up Longboat Key from Sarasota. It is located on Tampa Bay and the sunsets from the restaurant are great. This is a clssier restaurant with great seafood,but at reasonable prices. I always go at least once when in Sarasota.
The restaurant is located at 12320 Manatee Avenue W.,Bradenton Beach. I think that the fried shrimp are the greatest!!

SARASOTA CLASSIC CAR MUSEUM

by LoriPori

Just down the street from our Motel was the SARASOTA CLASSIC CAR MUSEUM which features a collection representing over 100 years of automotive history.Vintage autos, classics, muscle cars, exotics and one-of-a-kinds are on exhibit.
See "Cars of the Stars" such as John Lennon's Mercedes Roadster, Paul McCartney's Mini Cooper and even a dragster driven by Don Garlits.
Also features an antique and photo display, a playable antique game arcade and a huge gift shop.
Open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Look for $1.00 off admission coupon good for up to 6 people.
Kids under 6 Free

Watch the sun go down at Marina Jack

by sarahjayn

Marina Jack is an actual marina on Sarasota Bay (some people think that's just a cute name), but over the years it has grown into more. Even if you don't boat (the slips are permanently rented anyway, I think . . . ) it's still a fun place to hang out. There's four restaurants on site - including the ultra-swanky Bayside Dining Room. I've only eatten there once, but it was really good. The dress code is a little stuffy, though, and there's lots of Sarasota-types who will stare you down if say you laugh a little too loud when your friend tells you a joke. Ignoring their icy stares is easy, though, when you have chocolate mousse that was appartently made by Jesus and delivered by angels - it tastes that good - in front of you.
The Palm Room and Deep Six Lounge are more like night-time hangouts, with a piano bar and girls who are dressed like their father didn't hug them enough. It's a pretty nice place to sit around and have a drink . . . and watch drunk people dance.
My favorite part of Marina Jack, though, is the Portside Patio. My friend from Germany visited us and it rained nearly the entire time he was here. One day the sun was shining, so we went down to the Bay and walked the seawall. We stopped at the Patio bar around dusk and watched the sun go down - it was really beautiful. I think it made my little German friend feel like he'd really gotten into Sarasota, you know?
If you are looking for some place to hang out, give Marina Jack a try.

Comments