Siesta Beach Resorts And Suit

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Siesta Beach Resorts And Suit

Siesta Beach, Siesta Key

by noidiotsplease

Situated southwest of Downtown is the island of Siesta Key. Siesta Key has often been recognized as one of the best beaches in the world mainly because of its very soft, fine, sugary-white sand. Siesta Beach is the island's main beach. Here, you'll find this famous sand, concessions, and a backdrop of mid-rise condos.

Unfortunately, there had been a lot of rain prior to my visit, so much of the sand was damp (see photo) and the Gulf was a bit rougher than it typically would be. Consequently, there was also a lot of seaweed that had been churned up by several days of rain. Nevertheless, the beach was still pretty.

Avoid disney for the first 15...

by lilamind

Avoid disney for the first 15 days at least. Only go after you've seen a beach, a river, a lake and a swamp in Florida! Suggestions: Siesta Beach in Sarasota or Bahia Honda State Park (in the southern keys), The Sante Fe River near Gainesville, Mount Dora, and Everglades National Park.
Before Walt tore up the ecosystem and created a fine future world, there was a thriving tourist industry in Florida that showcased a wonderful environment.

What can I say about FL ???...

by dreamworld

What can I say about FL ??? It's so much touristic that you'll find hundreds of website to tell you about.
For beaches lovers...I recommend the North Coast of Florida, between Pensacola and Tallahassee. Also not so crowded, is the west coast between Bradenton and Naples. I especially recommend Siesta Beach at Sarasota, which is for me the best Florida beach.
You may go to Sanibel Island also for subathing...there we saw dolphins very close from the coast (was it a chance ?).
Of course tourist tops such as the Keys and the Everglades must be on your list. I do not recommend the Miami area, unsafe, dirty and very crowded.

Daytona Beach is great if you like 'teenage-fun', you can drive on the beach with your car !

Orlando is a good base for touring around. Of course all the amusement parks are worth to visit, but be prepare to spend A LOT of money.
My favourite amusement park is not in Orlando, but it is in Tampa...Bush Gardens...really good (but as expensive as the other ones). Sunset on St.Petersburg beach, the city where I was living (and studying)...the St.Pete-Clearwater beach is the longest uninturrupted Florida beach (something like 25 miles long I guess).
My best cultural souvenir is definitively the DALI MUSEUM in St.Petersburg !!! (pictured)

Will definitely go back to this resort

We did a "getaway weekend" at the Siesta Beach Resort, and have nothing but good things to write about.
First of all, the Front Office Manager was attentive, polite, and very informative. We live in the southwest gulf coast area, but had never stayed on Siesta Key. We were advised what were good, great, and not so good restaurants to eat at. The entertainment at the local pubs were so much fun ! We returned to our room, which by the way was a jacuzzi suite. Beautiful ! Tiled floors, clean, and very affordable. We will want to go back soon to enjoy Siesta Key....and we will be staying at the Siesta Beach Resort for sure. We recommend this Resort to anyone.

3rd Time Here, Only Gets Better

by TripAdvisor Member jmansma1

This was our 3rd trip to Siesta Key and I cannot say enough good things about the facilities and staff at the Siesta Beach Resort. The location is perfect in relation to the beach and the village. We stayed over a week on this trip and I have to say my husband did want to shop around this time and we found that the rates are excellent in comparison to other locations on the Key and you just cant beat it. During all the airline confusion as of late with liquids on flights, we lost everything when we got to the airport and we had mentioned something to the one of the managers Craig when we checked in and the next day he had samples of toothpaste, hair gel and assorted toiletries that normally doesn’t come in the room. Above and beyond...not to mention the absolutely beautiful weather and perfect beach!!!!! If you have the chance, totally recommended.

Nice Find

by TripAdvisor Member FL71Beacher

My brother recently moved to Sarasota, FL and had been telling me about Siesta Key and the awesome white sand beautiful beaches. I decided on a whim to go visit him, but my brother’s girlfriend was not very keen on me staying with them so my brother recommended trying the Siesta Beach Resort, he had a friend stay there once and said it was very nice. So I stopped in the front office on a Friday afternoon without a reservation, which was extremely busy and I fully anticipated not getting a room. To my surprise after waiting my turn in line, I had overheard that they just had a late cancellation for a 1 room Jacuzzi suite and I took it. That was a great idea and a nice find. The room was comfortable, the Jacuzzi in the room was sweet, and the location of the hotel in relation to other things was perfect. That night after taking a dip in the pool I went to one of the several restaurant/bars right next to the hotel and ended up having a great time. Since the beach is right across the street from the hotel, the next morning my brother and his girlfriend decided to meet me at the hotel and walk over to the beach. The beach was awesome…one of the best I have ever been to. Maybe it was just me but the place seemed to have an ora about it, all I know is I had a good time and the place was cool and the people were friendly, highly recommended.

Great Location!

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days in Feb 2006. After reading some of the bad reviews, we called and found out that this use to be a Best Western and was sold in Oct 2005. According to the hotel there has been major renovating and updating ever since. We stayed in a Jacuzzi Suite with a view of the pool. We didn't use the pool because it was in the low 60s when we were there..but there were some kids who seemed to have a ball in the pool. Having a pool side room made you feel very secluded and unaware of the activity going on at the bars on the strip. We could not hear any of the bands playing at the bars from our room. The location of this hotel is fantastic. We walked to the bars, restaurants and beach. The public beach is a bit of a hike from this hotel, but there is 3 miles of beachfront to choose from, who needs the public beach! The room was good size w/ a small fridge, stove, sink and microwave for a kitchen. There is silverware and some cooking utensils. The room was clean and updated w/ new furniture and bedding. There is someone at the front desk 24 hours, which was great because we didn't get in til 2:00 am because of airline delays. We would definately stay here again, you never need to get in your car to drive anywhere!

Do Not Stay Regardless of Jacuzzi

Room are not all as you see from the pictures listed on this stie, in fact not ONE picture looks familiar to me. I was embarrased to stay at this hotel, however the Management staff was not coopertative in giving me a refund for cancellation, therefore we had to stay in the room and did not use jacuzzi as I was afraid of what I would catch. We even went to the local Mall "Macys" and purchased Pillows and bed sheets. I felt even uncomfortable sitting on the beds... If you are looking to be on the beach and close by, and don't care to shop around for a comfortable night stay then try to get a discount. We were robbed of a vacation.

Overall view of the resort and sraff

Where do I began? The room had urine in the toilet when we checked in and beer bottle caps all over the floor the full eat in Kitchen is a microwave oven small refrig and a very tiny sink. There was no stove but there was a frying pan. The shower leaked and the kitchen light wouldn't come on. The foyer light came on if you played with the switch and while you try to unlock your room the airconditioner above was dripping on you. We were sitting on the patio one night and a big rat ran thru the bushes and almost into the room but it went under the building into a hole that was there. I left a bag there by mistake I thought my family got it while I was checking out and I didn't go back to the room to get it and I called the next day and asked about it and Tammy the head house Keeper got really rude and told me it wasn't there and hung up on me. That just tells me that her and her friend really liked what was in my bag. I tried to call back and they wouldn't answer when I called the third time the guy at the front desk told my he doesn't know anything about the place except how to check someone in and tracsfer phone calls. So if you plan on staying in a place that doesn't care about you or your stuff and it's not clean this would be a great place. My brother n law was with us and he's in a wheelchair and they told us to pull up up front drop him and pull the car down the road a block and a half to park but don't park out front they would tow it away but then they told 3 other cars to park there that it was ok. They weren't handicap and they parked there and then we had to find out where they were staying so they could move the car so we could get him by to get him out of the room they put us in. And non of they rooms are handicap rooms by the way. They will tell you on the phone that a handicap person can get thru the rooms but it's very hard if their in a wheel chair and they can not get in the shower at all because if they can make it to the toilet the can't get by to get in the shower and if they get a room with a shower only there isn't enough room to get into the bathroom for they to even use the toilet must less the shower. This is not a good place to stay. The rooms were $119.95 Thursday night and $129.95 Fri and Sat. nights and not worth it since most of the lights and stuff didn't work and make sure your rooms are locked in the morning because the maids just walk in without notice and they don't speak English so you cant talk to them and they'll stand there saying no speak english and stare at you. Code enforcement would have a ball in this place. and that's just who I'm calling.

probation's new Sarasota Page

by probation

I think that Sarasota is one of the nicest cities that there is. It has a great climate and there is always plenty to do there. It has museums,theaters and art galleries. It also has the greatest beaches in the world. I have been there numerous times,but I can never wait to get back!
THE SUNSETS AT SIESTA BEACH ARE OUTSTANDING!!!!!!

Siesta Beach, Siesta KeySiesta Beach, Siesta Key

Tropical Sun Beach Resort: Siesta Key

by sinead2

Hi...has anyone stayed at this resort? If you have, what was your opinion. If you haven't, but have been in the area, any other information you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

by Agraichen

If you are talking about the Siesta Key near Sarasota, FL, it's a great place. Can be a bit on the quiet side but there are a number of places that seem to have potential.

If it is FL, I have contacts that live on the key so email me an I'll see what I can get for additional info...

by probation

I have never stayed at the tropical Sun Beach Resort,but have been to Siesta Beach many times. I think that it is a great place with the whitest sand beach anywhere. Currently the water temperature of the Gulf is around 60 degrees,too cold to go in the water.
I will be going to Sarasota in April and always stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Sarasota. It is about a mile from Siesta Beach and is very reasonable.
You can e-mail me and I will be happy to provide any additional information.
Tony

by eiskje

Pictures on my florida website are all Siesta Key. i am not familiair with the resort though

information about the kind of people in sarasota

by JENSMITH

Can anyone tell me about the people who live in Sarasota between the ages of 25 and 35? What kind of nightlife is there for this group? Are there a lot of people between these ages? I am also wondering how open the community is to spirituality and the arts?

Re: information about the kind of people in sarasota

by clmetal

Cool historic town, lots of nice taverns. Skidmore is there. Probably what you are looking for.

by donato1899

saratoga? or sarasota?

by aflaneur

Sarasota is in the throes of spring baseball fever, where you should expect many people in your age group to be associated with the sport at this time of the year.

by clmetal

sorry, my mistake, thought you said saratoga

Re: information about the kind of people in sarasota

by beachtraveller

sarasota is a huge art town. Ringling school of art and design is there and the place is packed with galleries. Nightlife is pretty good and your demographic and age group are solid but not exploding,. Good luck.

RE: information about the kind of people in sarasota

by pontifax

Mostly we're your average sort of iconoclasts and sunburnt natives who live in grass shacks - when we're not living in glass condos.
25-35 is the fastest growing age group in Sarasota. Ringling School of Art & Design and New College are a draw as is the need for cheap young professionals to staff our service industries.
It's no vortex but there is a bit of spiritualism running around, sometimes rampant. There IS a drum circle Sunday evenings at Siesta beach.
We have a Whole Foods and a home grown health chain plus several others. Coffee and tea are readily available.
Some people even read books beyond Barnes and Noble's offerings. We have several fine book stores downtown.
The art scene is relatively vibrant and not too pokey.
I wish I were a 20-something here in this town - I would go wild all over again.
Come visit you will like it and will make plenty of contacts and friends.

Comments