Turtle Beach Resort

#6
Rank 6 of 71 hotels
in Sarasota
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 2 reviews

VERBALLY ABUSED BY OWNERS!! THIS PLACE IS A DUMP!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 9, 2012

This was supposed to be the last 4 relaxing days of our vacation, my husband and I traveling with 3 children. We were so excited by the photos but upon arrival immediately knew we were seriously mislead by the website and the owner, Gail. There are no onsite laundry amenities so don't count on washing your laundry. The cottage was infested with ants and other bugs along with their nests. Everything was rotted and moldy with an overwhelming smell of must!! It was hard to breathe and the patios are completely unusable. Hot tubs??? not hardly...caving in and falling apart is more like it. I'd rather swim in the jelly fish infested lagoon. Maybe 20 years ago this place was beautiful but it is definitely unkempt. The grounds are overgrown and hazardous. The cottages are rotted and falling apart with the exception of a couple new pieces of furniture. Broken hammocks, moldy chairs, rotted decks, BUGS EVERYWHERE!! not normal ones, the ones that hang out near filth. The manger's solution to this was to fog in an unventilated area then expected us to sleep there. When I brought our concerns to the attention of the owner I was verbally assaulted. As I referred to him as "Sir" over and over, I was rudely referred to as "the situation" They called me names like "uppity snob" and told me to "shove my complaints up my a** " As I was speaking to Gail's husband on the phone she was screaming vulgarities in the background. My husband was on the phone with our bank immediately stopping payment because the owners were completely unwilling to work with us cordially. This place is a nightmare on earth. DO NOT TRUST THE POSITIVE REVIEWS...YOU WILL REGRET IT. These people will take your hard earned money and laugh. We ended up staying right on Lido Beach in Sarasota and it was breath takingly beautiful. Once we awoke from the nightmare we had the time of our lives!!

HumblyServingChrist's Profile Photo

Private, romantic hideaway on Siesta Key

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 2, 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Turtle Beach Resort on part of our honeymoon and we loved it! We stayed in the Caribbean Suite which is the most private. The suite's living room and master bedroom look out onto Sarasota Bay (Intracoastal) and the mainland across the way. Our suite also had its own private hot tub and dock. My wife and I rented a paddleboat while we were here and ventured out into the bay. The only complaints about the place as far as I'm concerned are that the bathroom only had a rather small shower and that the hot tub took a really long time to heat. Overall, however, the place made for a great hidden romantic escape!

Directions: Southern end of Siesta Key

• Kids Activities
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Sarasota Travel Forum

Need advice about Sarasota, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Sarasota and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Sarasota hotel reviews

Circus Museum
Opera House
Tee it up at University Park
Things to Do
LeBarge Tropical Cruises -Funky Sightseeing!
A Tropical Paradise Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
Join the Circus!
Ca d'Zan Mansion -Step into the Golden Era
A Fantastic Fine Dining Restaurant
Don't miss happy hour
Restaurants
All day visit - all good
Great Amish Food - A bit pricey
Catch an Orioles game at Ed Smith Stadium
Siesta Key
Marie Selby Botanical Gardens - Beautiful and lush
Things to Do
Historic Spanish Point - quite a surprise!
De Soto National Monument