3700 N Ocean Dr, West Palm Beach, Florida, 33404, United States

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront Resort

Hilton Singer Island

by TripAdvisor Member Jenni51

My daughter and I stayed at this property during our yearly trip to Palm Beach. We have stayed at the Crown Plaza in the past, but it was time for a change and we wanted to stay near the same beach. The hotel is in good condition overall but the rooms, especially the bathrooms, need attention. Our first room was clean however I noticed mould around the tub. I brought this to the attention of the front desk and they gave us a room change. Sadly, the next room looked right onto the roof where the ventalation systems were located. This was unacceptable. So again I asked the front desk and was told that there was little available, but they again moved us. I was willing to pay for an upgraded room if necessary, but non were available. The next and final room, was satisfactory. Yes, the construction next door is an eyesore but not much can be done about it. The pool area was great and the restaurant/bar was fine. The staff overall were quite pleasant and provided us with movie vouchers for the inconvenience of the room changes. Thank heavens they don't charge for parking (the Crowne Plaza does) but you must pay for chairs at the beach. I'd rather sit at the pool than pay inflated rates to rent a chair for the day. We would go back again as we enjoy this area.

Not that good

I decided to pay extra and get a Oceanview Room that was larger with a couch and wet bar. I paid an extra $80 per night. What I got was a smelly, carpet stained, small room with a smelly couch and a small sink and counter(2 ft.) which I guess qualifies as a wet bar. I got a great view of contstruction and if I turned my head all the way around I could see the Ocean. My "Ocean View" was no better then any other room in the hotel. The "Pool View" was much better. I feel like I was ripped off for the extra Room Fees. The Hotel was well below average for a Hilton and at $259 per night, a total rippoff. I do have to say that the Hotel Staff members were very accomodating and nice. Also the Resturaunt there (Coconuts) had great food but so-so service and the Hostess had absolutely no personailty.

Great for the price

by TripAdvisor Member jdgator919

We stayed at this Hilton for a wedding. After reading the reviews, I was really nervous about the hotel but, decided to stay since all of our friends were doing the same. We had a great time. We lucked out with a corner room and had views of both the ocean and the intercoastal. The room was spacious and the bathrooms well stocked. We visited the pool bar and the bar inside - both were great and the bartenders were very hospitable. The hotel allowed us a late checkout so we were able to spend a few hours on the beach the day of our departure. The in-hotel restaurant, Coconuts, had a great breakfast buffet that was very affordable and had made-to-order omelets, pancakes, french toast and waffles. The fitness room was also well maintained - with 2 treadmills, a bike, and two crosstrainers. The flat screen television was also a plus.

Overall, we had a great time. The staff was very accomodating. The only complaint would be the speed of the elevators. They often took a long time to come and were full. As we were on the top floor, this became a little inconvenient at times.

Overall, nice place.

Totally pleased with the Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member SphagnumMoss

From the initial contact to the front desk when we wanted to confirm our reservation (and were given a room away from the construction site and with a good view of the ocean)....to the staff in the restaurant, at the bar and on the beach....we were extremely pleased.

We found the hotel to be in very good condition. I was skeptical after having read some of the reviews here. We found all of the staff to have great attitudes...pleasant and very helpful. Kudos to Stacey at the Front Desk for being typical of the Hilton staff - friendly, courteous and professional.

DO NOT STAY HERE

by TripAdvisor Member ccccccccc

good: beachfront

Bad: everything else!!! Housekeeping staff did not clean room until late afternoon. Front desk staff unfriendly and not helpful. Even though silver lever hilton honors member, no paper in morning, etc. Expensive breakfast and had to pay $40 per day to rent beach chair and umbrella.

It was nice enought to get married there!

by TripAdvisor Member alr040806

The hotel itself is nice...nice enough to be comfortable but not so nice that you are afraid to relax. We enjoyed the food at Coconuts on the Beach...breakfast buffet was good, but pricey, though. We hosted our wedding there, with the ceremony on the beach and the reception outdoors on the Pavilion and everyone had an amazing time. It was the perfect beach setting...exactly what we wanted. Our biggest complaint was that the outdoor bar closes early---considering there aren't too many places within SAFE walking distance for those that want to ENJOY a few tropical cocktails, it could definitely afford to stay open later. As far as the construction...it's progress and it's needed to keep the area from really going 'ghetto'. It didn't deter our good time...all 76 of us! We'll definitely go back...maybe minus 74 next time! Check out the state park for a nature walk, Johnny Longboats on the Beach (during the day) and Sailfish Marina.

Disappointed at yet another Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member impromptutravel

I had stayed at a Hilton in Florida in Oct.2005 and was very disappointed but I thought my experience would only be limited to that particular Hilton. I was wrong.
We had tried to check in early and could not. That was fine and we understood. This happened also at the other Hilton we had stayed in. We received the same story we had received from the first Hilton "Come back in an hour". We knew better than to continually check back in hour increments so we went out to enjoy West Palm Beach. We were very disappointed when we found out that again, we could not check into a Hilton on time. The room was a decent size but for the price we paid, I had expected more (it was near $185/night). The windows in the room were dirty and there were black soot marks surrounding the AC vent on the ceiling.
We ate in the restaurant in the lobby and our order came out wrong.
There was construction going on around the hotel, which we knew about due to Tripadvior reviewers and we were fine with this but I am in no rush to ever stay at a Hilton again.

Comments