2901 E. Busch Blvd/I-275, Tampa, Florida, 33612, United States

Expedia.com Priceline.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Great Stay!!

My husband and I stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens at least once a year. It's one of our favorite 2-night-getaway destinations for its convenient (and quiet!) location, amenities and incredible staff... First, the customer service we received is consistently outstanding. The room was extremely comfortable and the public areas were very clean. WIFI worked great. The front desk staff was helpful finding a convenience store and gave me very good directions. The room was comfortable and spacious and had many amenities like TV, Hair Dryer, Microwave and Refrigerator. The rooms were clean and had plenty of towels, decent TV in room and many more. Hotel is located near to Busch Gardens. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

Unique Quality: clean room

Directions: Busch Gardens

More about Tampa

Seminole Heights AreaSeminole Heights Area

TAMPA FROM BAYSHORETAMPA FROM BAYSHORE

Tequila Mexican Restaurant with the catering truckTequila Mexican Restaurant with the catering truck

Who do you think you're looking at?Who do you think you're looking at?

Restaurant in Ybor for Bachelor Party? Help!!

by mdbrinson

Going to be in Tampa for friends Wedding and Im planning the bachelor party. We will be staying and partying in Ybor City so I wanted to find a good restaurant to accommidate about 10-15 people. Columbia Restaurant looks good but I dont want to ask these group of men to pay those kind of prices. Im looking for more middle ground but still civilized, at least for dinner. I looked at the Spaghetti Warehouse, that ones a maybe and the Green Iguana might be the other extreme. Im looking for atmosphere and originality with affordable prices. I want to make my best friends bachelor party one to remember. Any Suggestions??? Thanks.

Re: Restaurant in Ybor for Bachelor Party? Help!!

by Hexepatty

For a Bachelor Party, you want a place where you can eat good food in a great location (close to places with cheap booze and loose women) at a reasonable price.

I really think you should check out the Laughing Cat. It is Italian on 15th Street. The Chef/Owner, Chef Franco, is a poon dog and will probably regale you with the 1000+ women he has bedded in his life. (Alas, I was one... giggle)

I like Franco. i LOVE his restaurant.

Trust me, you can't go wrong... eat there and know you will be in the heart of Ybor where you can stumble in and out of neighboring clubs and bars. And honestly, Franco is a chatty kinda guy. If you ask him "the secret of his success with women" he's likely to come out, bring wine and chat and laugh with you guys for a bit. He's a good guy...

Good Times - I feel it already!

GOOD LUCK!

Travel Tips for Tampa

Stand in the place where you live . . .

by sarahjayn

My favorite thing about Tampa is that it is more real than some people give it credit for. In a state where plastic alligators and a big, dumb mouse rule, it's nice to have a break. My advice to people coming here is to try and remember that and go to the restaurants / clubs / etc. that might not looks so shiny and swank from the outside, but have a lot more to offer than anything you're gonna find at Downtown Disney. My favorite memories of Tampa all revolve around these little adventures my parents would take me, my brother, and my sister on. I think it's important to know about where you are from . . . I still go on those little adventures as much as possible.

cigar making

by arasnosliw

Ybor City was once the main cigar producer of the Western Hemisphere. Times have changed since then, but cigar production is still kickin' in this historical part of the city of Tampa. I've visited several cigar shops, and I always come to the same consensus...they smell, they're ugly brown, and I don't want cancer. It's still entertaining to watch them roll the cigars and then cut them. The last time I went to Ybor, I entered the cigar shop next to Columbia Restaurant and was enticed by the free sangria they were distributing to store visitors. Sipping on my sangria, browsing the shop's gift collection, I overheard some not-so-nice comments being made about me because I was carrying around an atrociously large bag. Now do I appear as a thief to you? Obviously, I arose suspicions. And too bad for them, I know Spanish, so I could understand every word they were badmouthing me with. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

After walking thru the gift shop, smirking at my badmouthers, I entered the cigar-making section. This delectably aged man was in the process of cutting some cigars, so I happened to view this event. I don't know how long he's been doing this, but he seemed awfully bored and antisocial. I wonder if he's gotten to the point where he's oblivious to all his surroundings...

See Manatees at the Manatee Viewing Center

by stevespencer420

In Apollo Beach just South of Tampa is Tampa Electric Big Bend Power Plant. It discharges warm water, which attracts the Manatees in the winter, as the surrounding waters get cool. Plan on getting good photos of them from the viewing deck. Plan on a 90 minute visit. Take a walk around the small musem and the 15 minute video theater is worthwhile. There is a cafe for refreshments. Don't skip the self guided nature walk throught the tidal flats (on a nice walkway, no sticky mud). BEST OF ALL NO ADMISSION FEE, FREE. Open Nov 1 through April 15 daily 10 AM til 5 PM.

Check out their webcam!

To get there take I 75 to exit #246. Drive West on Big Bend Road 2.5 miles. There are signs and it is easy to locate.

Cypress Gardens

by tampa_shawn

Located about an hour East of Tampa -

This park has been open since the 1930's and is a bit more low key than the other parks since it doesn't have the crazy thrill rides that central florida seems to thrive on. Kids and adults do enjoy it though.

Known for its amazing gardens and water skiing shows.

Now also has ice-skating shows, a butterfly conservatory with over 1,000 free flying butterflies, and a European Circus Magic Show with everything from fire-eaters to clowns. In the Birdwalk, lories and lorikeets fly free and can be hand fed. A petting zoo, model train display; kiddie rides and paddleboat tours.

Plan on being here all day

Dade city - a day trip

by tampa_shawn

Dade city is a small town about an hour north of Tampa - Take I75N (25 miles) – Rt on FL-52

Strolling through Dade City’s Historic District is a pleasant way to spend an afternoon. The downtown area has antique and curiosity shops. In the surrounding area you will find charming brick streets that are shaded under giant Oaks and filled with row after row of older historic houses.

One of the best ways to get to know this area is to take a downtown trolley tour. This tour also gives some great historical information about old time Florida.
Downtown Trolley Tours - www.dadecitytrolleytour.com
$9 for adults and $5 for kids and depart from a kiosk at the corner of Meridian Avenue and 9th Street

The tour can be combined with the Citrus history tour www.citrusstory.com which provides the history of citrus in the area and takes you to a citrus packing plant. The tour is very well done

The combined tours take 3 hours and costs about $14 (Tampa Friday papers often have coupons)

The area also has the Pioneer Florida Museum - http://www.pioneerfloridamuseum.org/index.ph
Check their website for various events
352-567-0262
One mile north of Dade City off Highway 301 North, east on Pioneer Museum Road
Seniors 55 & Over - $4.00
Adult - $5.00
Student (Ages 6-18) $2.00

While in Dade City be sure to have lunch at Lunch On Limoges (which is so busy that reservations are required)
14139 7TH St, Dade City, FL 33525-3808 Tel: (352) 567-5685

Seasonal Events (check websites for up to date info) http://www.dadecitychamber.org/default.cfm?page=eve3
+ Kumquat Festival – Last Saturday in January
+ Fort Dade Mountain Men Rendezvous – Withlacoochee River Park
+ The Little Everglades Steeplechase – rated one of the must do events in the area
+ Pioneer Days @ Pioneer museum – Sept 2-3 in 2007
+ Rattlesnake Festival – October
+ Kumquat Gift Shop and tour the Groves – Open November 1st to March 31st - 31647 Gude Rd. Dade City, Florida 33525 www.kumquatgrowers.com

Comments