Doubletree Hotel Tampa Airport Westshore

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Doubletree Hotel Tampa Airport Westshore

what a hidden treasure in the city ! good deal !!

by TripAdvisor Member todays11

Upon arriviving at Doubletree Tampa Westshore my checkin was a breeze and the reception clerk was very very accomodating and gave me an upgrade . We were on the fifth floor above the very large pool area and garden . Our room couldn't have been nicer
the bed was like a cloud and furnishings were very up to date...Very enjoyable. Upon waking in am,,we found ourselves rushing and I forgot my wristwatch and wristband on the nightstand...after checking out and down the road i remembered where i left them.
I called and they referred me to Emmanuel...HOUSEKEEPING MANAGER,, he stored them in his private storage until i returned...i offered a reward ,,he refused,,, saying it was his job. Thanks again Doubletree Tampa Westshore,,, I will return soon!! Also,, check pricing,,, they are very well worth the rate they charge,,

Serviceable airport hotel, but nothing more

by TripAdvisor Member nyuszi

If there were a special category just for airport hotels where you plan to spend 1-2 nights, I would give this 5 stars. But as rated against hotels in general, I can only give it three.

Before I go on, I should probably mention that I thought I was booking into the Doubletree Suites about a mile down the road. When I discovered the error (not until I arrived in Tampa), the hotel manager did offer to switch me over with only a 2 night penalty (to equal the 48 hours cancellation policy), but i couldn't accept because it was business travel and you can't expense stupidity.

So, that said, as an airport hotel for a short stay, it was more than fine. The bed was clean and comfortable, the whole room was very clean and surprisingly large for the class/price. The shower had good pressure and was high enough for even tall men. And the staff were all very friendly.

But I can't recommend it for an extended stay for all of the following reasons:
* The bathroom is pretty small and has absolutely no counter space for toiletries
* There is no hair dryer provided
* Housekeeping was good, but not very gentle with my things when they needed to be moved to complete the cleaning tasks
* no onsite laundry service and the gift shop was mostly touristy junk, rather than useful things you may have forgotten
* everything was very utilitarian - average quality towels, plain soap, etc

Again, I think these issues I raise are because this is intended to be a short stay hotel for folks arriving to take a cruise and airline employees (I saw lots of both).

A few more general positives about the hotel - the gym was pretty good with modern cardio equipment, including personal cardio theater TVs, and a small selection of free weights. The location is also great. It's very close to the airport, but I was never bothered by plane noises, and it's also close to many shopping and dining options, including more than one 24 hour pharmacy.

Disappointing Stay for this Airport Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member caneshockey31

I was down here in Tampa for business. Being a Hilton Diamond Member i've never really had a problem with staying at a Doubletree.

However this time seemed to be an exception.

I called directly from the airport since the other property i was going to stay at had me booked in a smoking room so i scurried to look for a Hilton property.

I called this hotel and they had an attractive rate for 2 nights (Fri & Sat) for $75.60. Which was great for an airport hotel.

However, upon parking at the hotel i noticed some things.

The have a lot of signs around the property saying (Additional Parking Available with a left arrow).

Walked into the Front Lobby area, very vast in size and a nice size front desk area.

That is when i noticed there were renovations going on around the hotel.

Upon getting my room key i walked endlessly around hallways and found my room (102) a ground floor room Jr.Suite. Nice room however the view looked straight at a wall.

I went back and requested a room on a higher floor, was told by the front desk staff that she wanted to keep me away from renovation and noise.

(However a group of airline crews were next to me and were saying there room numbers and they were in the Towers on the 10th floor.

I asked again if there were things on a higher floor, and she said floor 2 but you would hear noise.

So i basically just took the key she gave me (Room 106, not a big difference, still on ground floor looking straight into the white fence and the pool ground area, (can't see the pool) but whatever.

I checked the website of the hotel on the Hilton Website and it doesn't say anywhere about them doing renovations. Which is another disappointing thing.

I wouldn't of stayed here if they were renovating anywhere.

Cons:

Gift Shop (you can't charge anything to your room) and is a lot of Tampa Bay t-shirts and nothing. They have a few overpriced things for your room $2.25 for a 20 oz soda, $1.50 for candy.

Temporary Fitness Center: Located for now in a meeting room with some equipment on 1st floor next to my room

Halls: Felt a little dingy and worn, does need work during these renovations time.

Pros:

I did meet the Sales & Catering Staff and after a nice conversation they sent me a fruit & cheese plate along with crackers, 2 waters & tin of cookies. (Very appreciative and nice on their part)

I feel as though i would of chosen another Hilton property if i knew i would be stuck on the inside 1st floor and would have no view.

Having never been to Tampa before, i would of preferred a room with a view at least, i could deal with noise (and construction workers weren't here on Saturday so it would of made no difference)

I would probably not stay here again.

Ongoing remodelling with little consideration for guests

by TripAdvisor Member GaryBalser

The National Assoication of Professinal Organizers wanted to have their board meeting in a warm area, so the Doubletree was chosen based on their reputation. Our four day stay was one of the worse anywhere in 38 years as a traveler.
1. They were laying carpet on all floors, so the smell of adhesive permeated into every room and some people in our group of 14 even got sick from the fumes.
2. At 4:30 a.m. I was awoke from drilling and hammering next door to my room on the 3rd floor. I called downstairs and they said that work did not begin until 9:00 a.m. Tthen when I let them hear the noise they said it must be the people staying in that room. Funny but a contract worker appeared from that room in a few minutes and he said they had to get all the work done before Super Bowl week, so he decided to start early.
3. The tub would not drain, so I removed the plug and found it packed with hair. I pulled it out and the drain worked slowly. It was reported, but nothing changed because they never even re-installed the drian plug.
All of this was Day ONE. Things did not improve after that and the front desk said the Manager was out until Monday and no one else could help us. There are so many more places to stay near the airport, that you should consider anywhere but the Doubletree WestShore.

Was very clean and friendly

by TripAdvisor Member Earwax

I recently was in this hotel and had a very good time. I stay there the Monday after the Superbowl and found the hotel to be very clean and in good repair. The bar was a bit understocked the first night, but this was to be expected. I stayed in a recently remodeled room and it was very nice. Everything was new in the room except for the TV which was to be replaced with a flat panel soon. Good hotel, good price, good service.

Nice enough

by TripAdvisor Member efuss

Stayed at this Doubletree overnight on our way to a cruise from Tampa. The hotel was clean, the room was spacious and the bathroom was large. They were in the process of upgrading the property but it did not interfere with our stay. I called on the way down and spoke to someone who was not very helpful and the woman in the bckground was rather rude and loud enough for me to hear her commenting on my question. However, the staff I met was extremely kind and helpful. I would stay here again.

room big and clean but hotel itself lacks alot

by TripAdvisor Member yeartotravel

Started off with room not ready at 5pm- check in time was 3. Tried to give us a different type of room then what we ordered. When booked on internet stated that it would be on a concierge level with free breakfast and internet, king bed junior suite- no concierge level at this hotel, no free internet, no breakfast, no refrig or drinks in room. Had ice bucket but no ice machine that was working or vending machine on our assigned floor or the one above it. Elevator next to room absolutely filthy with construction stuff and construction workers so that we ended up having to go to another part of the building to get an elevator. The front desk staff member that checked us in was very nice. Room itself was clean and big. Location was poor- on interstate 275 and across from a high school. Had a pool which was outdoors with no sun. Parking was tight with the construction workers in fact we got barricaded in by a big truck. Room service only went until 11pm and I was hungry and thirsty at 11:30 and could do nothing about it. Saw the sign for the fitness room but never saw it to say what it looked like.

Enjoyed the staff and hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member brandanjayme

My husband and I stayed last month for a weekend getaway. The bar and the pool were great! The staff was friendly and attentive. We will definately come back for our next getaway to Tampa.. We stayed in a room on the 5th floor and it looked like they had just recently renovated. The room was clean we had a great view of the pool!

Nice room and location, despite theft and minimal action on the part of the hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Mav529

We enjoyed the hotel during our one-night stay, however in the morning we discovered our GPS was missing which we packed in our carry-on bag. The only time this bag was unattended was when we left it in our room for a few hours when we went to dinner that night.

We thought maybe we took it out back at home by mistake, but upon returning home we're sure it was stolen at the hotel. We called the hotel and a were promised it would be investigated and we would be contacted. A week later we hadn't been called back and we tried again. This time the house-keeping supervisor was put on the phone and said he hadn't heard about this at all. He promised to look into it and call us back. Today he said he talked to the house keepers and no one took anything from our room.

We did like the hotel, and have been a fan of the Doubletree in the past, but felt a real lack of service this time. If anything, get a lock for your luggage when you leave your room at this hotel.

Comments