4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

4860 W Kennedy Blvd., (formerly Wyndham Westshore), Tampa, Florida, 33609, United States
InterContinental Travelocity Booking.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 23% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about InterContinental Hotel Tampa

Relax in the Urban Centre

by Kushelkitten about Grand Slam Sports Bar

This is a dark cozy little sports bar in the Urban Centre. Its never very crowded and very popular with the employees of the companies which rent space in the Urban Centre.

I wouldnt have found it if I hadnt worked in the building. We had training in the evenings and for dinner we would go downstairs and eat at the Grand Slam.

Because of the Wyndham Westshore the clientel is a bit higher classed than you would find in other sports bars, lots of suits and ties. The nachos are great. Have everything on them and more than an average person can eat. Great snack or meal for two.

Excellent Stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member asweeney7

We recently booked 2 rooms for 2 nights from Hotwire for a decent rate. The Intercontinental was a very beautiful hotel. The rooms were well appointed and the beds were extremely comfortable! We enjoyed breakfast one morning & the lounge both nights we were there. The food was a bit pricey (as expected), but was excellent along with the service. The location was great. We were minutes away from the airport, restaurants and main highways. You can't go wrong staying here.

this is a great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member goo0325

I stayed here in March 2008. The hotel was nice, service was great and the room was very comfortable. This is one of the best hotels in Tampa and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Great hotel - love the decor

by TripAdvisor Member bb5070

We stayed at the Intercontinental to visit my sister, who lives in Tampa. It was very conveniently located near her work, apt and many of the places we ended up visiting.

The decor in the common areas of the hotel was modern and fresh. A great first impression.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The fella at the check in desk got us checked in a few hours early - even though we didn't ask for early check-in.

The room was also nicely decorated. Also modern and fresh. A little seaside influence. There was a flat panel tv, a well-stocked mini bar (with not bad prices for a mini-bar). There was also a safe that would fit a laptop. There were a lot of surfaces and spaces - always a plus for all your things. The bed was exceptionally comfy. The bathroom was really nice. Modern and new. Marble tub/shower.

Best feature - Turn down service. Bed was turned down, with robe, chocolates and next day's weather on it , slippers at the foot. Relaxing music was playing in the ipod compatible clock radio from sharper image. The lights were turned down. I've never seen that before.

Also, b-fast in Shulas. Didn't get to go for dinner but the b-fast was wonderful!!! Buffet was really good and priced nicely. All the fresh-squeezed oj you could want. Really was spectacular. (Not the usual crappy buffet b-fast in hotel restuarants)

Not so great feature - the room window faced an atrium in an office building. We were on the 2nd floor too. Had to keep the blackout curtains closed so no one could see us!

Overall, great hotel, great value! Highly recommended!!

worst hotel experience ever!

by TripAdvisor Member MomWithBooks

AVOID THIS HOTEL IF YOU HAVE ANY SORT OF ENVIRONMENTAL SENSITIVITY OR ALLERGIES ! OR HAVE A PROBLEM CLIMBING!

Check in is at 3, we arrived at 3:30 and were given the keys to a room on the 4th floor. Upon opening the door, we were struck by a strong, fruity odor. After entering the room, the smell became more obnoxious, as if some previous guest had left a piece of fruit under the bed and it had rotted. I called down to the desk, and was put on hold for several minutes. I literally started to feel like I was choking, so I left my husband on the phone while I went out into the hall to breathe. He came out and said they would meet us on the 5th floor with keys to another room. Opened the door, same problem. Hotel employee told us that after the maids clean the room, they spray this stuff to hide any odors. I do have some sensitivity to strong odors, like Pine Sol or very strong perfumes, and I guess this fell into that category.

I asked for a room that hadn't been sprayed and we were told to wait in the lobby. Thirty minutes later, we were offered a drink, which we declined. By then I was crying, I felt terrible. I had been in a workshop all day and I was tired and wanted to rest before dinner. But sitting in the lobby unsure if we were even going to get a room was not restful. Then we were told they found a room that hadn't been cleaned yet, so if we could wait another half an hour or so, we would get a room. Finally around 6ish, we were sent up to the 10th floor and the room didn't smell. But it did have a used bar of soap in the shower.

Everyone on here comments about how comfy the beds are, and they are, once you get into them. They are very, very high - as is the bathroom sink. I'm 5'6" and I was barely able to use the sink. Anyone shorter than that, forget it. I think these rooms were designed for 6' tall businessmen.

We were told that the hotel has turn-down service with chocolates on the pillows. We did not get that service. We didn't get the newspaper in the morning either. We were, however, charged for a $6 bottle of water. On the way out we questioned the charge and were told there were 2 bottles in the room, and we must have used one. How they would know that since no one had been in the room in the 12 or so hours we occupied it, I don't know. They agreed to remove the charge though, wasn't that nice?

All in all, this was about the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The staff member we dealt with was uncaring. I really feel that a manager should have been notified after the second room was no good, and that didn't happen. I'd rather sleep in my car that stay at this hotel again.

Absolutely great!

by TripAdvisor Member Piolina

This place must be among the best hotels I have stayed in--and I have stayed in very nice places, really! I was very impressed by the attention to details, which is what counts in the end. Otherwise all four-star hotels would be the same. Check in was a breeze and people at the reception were super friendly. The room was wonderful. Relaxation music was playing in the background when I entered and I found a bathrobe on the bed, slippers on the floor, two chocolates and a pillow mist to spray on the bed for further relax! I had never seen that before. The decor was superb, everything was very clean and well appointed. The toilettries in the bathroom were of high quality and there was even a scale there. A huge flat screen tv, free wireless internet and a well-stocked minibar (careful, though, it is operated by sensors so just by moving something it will be charged to your room) are just a few of the other things I loved. That and the possibly most comfortable bed and pillows I've ever slept in. Amazing!

Our experience was not 4-star worthy!

by TripAdvisor Member luvmarissa

Fortunately we got the hotel room off priceline so we did not pay full price for the hotel. While the bathroom was nice, the lobby well decorated, parking was easy and free, and there was free wireless, we ultimately did not enjoy our stay very much.
- We were on the second floor and could hear every single person who walked past the hotel room. Not only could we hear everyone walk by throughout the day, but were awoken throughout the night by people coming back to their rooms after a night out. We should not have to listen to everyone's conversations walking by.
- Although it was a Sunday morning, and we were checking out that day, housekeeping felt the need to come around 9am... they then preceded to come two more times before we finally checked out before noon. If you do choose to stay here, do not assume you will be able to sleep in past 9 without being being bothered - make sure to hang your do not disturb sign.
- The hotel pool is extremely small and we were unable to find a single seat available to swim. We decided we would leave our clothes on the side and go swimming to find that the towels had not been replenished, and thus swimming did not happen.
- We actually found the bed to be extremely uncomfortable. While it was big and decorated well, the pillows and bed were not our taste. Others might love it though.

We enjoyed being able to walk over to Westshore and it was convenient to the highways, but we definitely could not believe the hotel was a 4 star hotel.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Masarp

We stayed at this hotel and loved it. The rates were reasonable for a hotel of it's class. We booked a King Bayview room and we very pleased. The room and the amenities were very nice. Our room was on the top floor (11th) and had a view of the Bay and of the outdoor heated pool which is on the 9th floor. The staff was very courteous and helpful which was nice when we needed a suggestion of a great place to eat nearby. We would definitely stay here again!

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member AVPerez124

This hotel is in a great location, very close to the St Pete Times Forum, which is where we were going. There is a mall with an AMC theater right across the street. Only negative for us was that they couldn't put a rollaway bed in our room, so my brother had to sleep on the floor. But we are looking into staying here again in the fall since it is close to Raymond James Stadium.

Great hotel in a convenient loation

by TripAdvisor Member fa7002

We just returned from the Intercontinental in Tampa and found it to be a great hotel in a very convenient location.

The hotel has a great lobby, efficient elevators, and very nicely decorated rooms. Also, the beds are very comfortable, might be a little on the high side for some.

The hotel staff was very attentive and courteous.

TAMPA SKYSCRAPERSTAMPA SKYSCRAPERS

El Centro Español of West TampaEl Centro EspaƱol of West Tampa

Bento Box, Samurai Blue, Ybor city/Tampa FLBento Box, Samurai Blue, Ybor city/Tampa FL

Sacred Heart ChurchSacred Heart Church

Place for in-laws to stay?

by Lisachan

My place is small and I will be having a baby so them staying with us
may be a bit too much. I'm thinking asking them to just use their stay down
here as a vacation also. What are some hotel around Tampa that are near a few
attractions. Also, what about Clearwater? Any nice economical place to stay on the beach? What places have your parents/grandparents enjoyed while in the Tampa/St. Pete area?

RE: Place for in-laws to stay?

by sarahjayn

there are so many places to stay in the tampa bay area. how much-ish are you looking to spend?

RE: RE: Place for in-laws to stay?

by Lisachan

I really wanted to keep it $90-$115. Even a decent motel with things few attractions surrounding it would be okay. They are older so I'm not too sure about Clearwater. St. Pete may have a place but they may not want to travel an hour to out place each time.

RE: RE: Place for in-laws to stay?

by sarahjayn

if you want a hotel in tampa, there are some really cheap ones that are fairly nice near busch gardens. you might want to check out The Red Roof Inn or Baymont Tampa. (These are also fairly close to Lowry Park Zoo.) I've stayed at the Tahitian Inn, which is off of South Dale Mabry. It's just your average hotel, but it's clean and stuff and near things like Old Hyde Park and the University of Tampa where they host an annual Victorian Christmas Stroll. The Courtyard Marriott and Hampton Inn Suites are both in Ybor City, but they have trolley stops that will take you right to the Florida Aquarium and downtown. All these hotels are around 80 - 120 dollars a night.
Hope it helps!

RE: Place for in-laws to stay?

by rshally

Ive put them up at Marriott Spring Hill Suites in the Westshore District, and Shreaton Riverwalk downtown Tampa.

Comments