Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa

amextravel.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 181% more and rated 18% lower than other 4 star hotels

• Bad Times at Seminol Hardrock Tampa

The casino is nice but it's very very quiet since they changed all their machines to computerized penny slots. No more big winners. No bells ringing, no big pay outs by slot personell, horrible promotions, the green rooms food sucks.just a horrible time and expect to go for your lungs.

Unique Quality: No Winners!!!!!

• doug48's Profile Photo

casino hotel

if you are visiting the hard rock casino this is the place to stay. all of the amenities of a good business class hotel. also i would recommend it any one visiting ybor city and east tampa. expensive but worth it.

Directions: orient road and I-4 east of downtown tampa.

• sarahjayn's Profile Photo

Let your vices out!

I went here with an ex-boyfriend right before he broke up with me. Like, literally, the next weekend it was over. That's a real bummer, too, because the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino provides ample ways for you and your money to part, and this trip was on me.
    Pushing my extreme bitterness aside for a moment or two, it is a really nice place. I'd reccommend getting a suite - its not that much more than a regular guest room but a lot nicer. The suites have really fun jacuzzi tubs and big, fluffy beds. Also, there's huge bay windows that go floor to ceiling in each room so you can get a nice look at the sunset over Tampa.
    The pool and patio area are nice, too, but there's an awful lot of kids with drunk parents about during the day and an awful lot of parents acting like drunk kids at night. Be careful.
    Of course, there's also gambling - - I've both won big and lost big here. I think it's pretty fair as far as casinos go.

Unique Quality: There's an on-site spa, massages are available in your room, and some pretty big acts have come to play at Floyd's (the in-house restaurant).

Directions: Located near the fairgrounds - right off I-4.

More about Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa

Hard to Find....

The markings on route 75 and route 4 are not there. It was through trial and error that we found the correct exit going and leaving. We will go back. The experience was good and we enjoyed a delicious Sunday brunch,

Have a Mango Martini @ Floyd's

Escaping the several Destin beach vacations we usullay do , we decided this time ecpecially after the grand opening of the Hard Rock to visit Tampa and the surroundings instead.We had no problem to get a hotel reservation through 1-800 # and the price they offered was descend as well. The Front Office staff was fast but constantly talking with each other , the rooms were very modern and I would almost say to plain for my taste, hang some more pictures on the walls if you are promoting your place with so much memorbilia, you should better have it on display.
Anyway, the Hotel itself was enjoyable but the Casino floor unfortunatley does not attract any young crowd as accpected, lots of oldies and there is certainly no dress code required in this property very entertaining to people watch, I would suggest the Center bar where they have great Bar tenders who peform a hourly show. We might as well give itanother try after it is open for a couple month, maybe they have some more attractions to offer...

the big improvement for tampa

No one ever said it was like vegas DUH!!! it was extremly nice the staff was great especially the big bell man, I forgot his name but, anyways it was awsome the food was great love the chocolate turn down service the pool was also nice the sunday pool party great plus i give this place 5 star thanx again for the big jackpot ill will be back!!!!!

I go to Seminole Casino once a month!

I go to the Seminole Casino once a month, usually on a Sunday. The reason is I enjoy gambling, and we have few choices, ie, Derby Lane Dog Track, the gambling boats, or we can fly to Biloxi or Gulfport. This gives me an opportunity to "gamble", but I must say that the experience can be very draining financially. The machines are very tight with payoffs, and you usually have to spend at least $200 to even play for a short time. It is with great expectation that I have gone, and sat at a machine that has swallowed up my money with barely a return. I wish that the payoffs were a lot better, because one thing you do not want to feel like is a "loser" in gambling. Even if the slot machines paid out 50% of what you put in, it would be great. I gamble for fun, and I would just like to break even or lose $50 or $100 dollars. Also, they charge for everything... a glass of water, coffee, drinks are expensive. I do like it there, but when you compare it to any other legitimate casino like Las Vegas or Biloxi or Gulfport, Seminole Casino gets customers that to there because there is no other place to go. God Help Them if gambling was approved in Florida, they would be history with their tight payouts.

Waste of Time!!!

My wife and I drove 40 miles from New Port Richey to this place and were very disappointed. Anybody that has been to Vegas and come to this place can fast realize there is no comparision. This place is a money pit with no returns what so ever. The slot machines are difficult to understand, the food was awful, the food and beverages were overpriced, no entertainment avaliable other than the lobby bar, no shows at all, and the list goes on. Stood at a bar waiting to be served but was never approached and glad I wasn't. This place will wear off fast with Florida residents and tourists and will not surprise me if they claim huge losses in the next few years. Will never be going back to place and would not recomend this place to anyone.

trip coming up-what to expect

I will be at the Hard Rock Casino on June 10/04. Coming with a group of women from Grand Island. From the reviews I have read, I'm very cautious about going and spending money on the machines with not any payback. This is suppose to be a fun day out for us and I certainly do not want everyone to be disappointed. I lived In Las Vegas for 1 year. It was very rewarding to play at the casinos there. Oh, sure, you could go in and lose everything you had, but on the other hand you could go home with $1,500 on the three dollar machines big payout. All drinks were free. Why don't you consider changing some of these things and I bet the crowd will grow much bigger and much happier as you continue on with your new business. Hoping to God things have changed some before I get there on June 10th. Best Regards......

Loved it!

This is in response to all of the negative casino reviews. Everyone in Florida knows that real casino games aren't allowed in Florida and the gaming that does go on has to be on an indian reservation. I am sure that real casinos in Las Vegas have better games, so just go to the Hard Rock for the four star hotel and gambling just for fun.

This place is AWFUL!!!

I wish I could give this place a rating of 0. I was in Clearwater, FL visiting my sister recently over Memorial Day weekend. We went to the Seminole Hard Rock casino, and I have never seen machines that are so tight. The Indian casinos in California put this place to shame. No one was winning a thing, and the general feeling of the people playing was one of being ripped off-- even one elderly woman was cursing her machine rather loudly because she was so angry. The service is also very rude. They expect to be tipped whether you are winning or not. Everything costs something there. At all other casinos I have been to, at least coffee and sodas are comped. This place charges for a cup of ice! (25 cents). The drinks are small and very expensive (over $6 for a Bailey's). We decided to play bingo since the machines were so lousy, and at least we felt as if we might actually win something there. However, even in the bingo hall, we were amazed at how the entire establishment charges for the smallest of items. 25 cents for a pen! They even asked me to return a small pencil that I used to fill out one of their sheets for one of the bingo games-- a pencil which probably costs them one tenth of one cent! The feeling of the place is so morose because of the tight machines, having to pay for EVERYTHING, and the rude service. Not something one would want to experience in a casino, where it should be fun, even if you are losing.
I can't comment on the hotel, as I did not stay there, but do not waste your time or money in the casino. We drove to Biloxi and had a blast there...save your money and time for casinos that know how to treat their players.

Comments