700 South Florida Ave, Tampa, Florida, 33602, United States

See Amenities
Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 20, 2010

The Tampa Marriott Waterside is one of the city's best hotels in a great central location and with lots of amenities. What more could you ask for, other than perhaps free parking? Sorry, can't have it all!

This great hotel is located just across the street from the St Pete Times Forum, home of numerous sporting events and concerts, as well as the TECO Streetcar, which can take you around the city. Nearby, within easy walking distance are the Tampa Riverwalk Park, the Tampa Bay History Center, and the shops and restaurants of Channelside.

The hotel itself offers some 700 rooms on 27 floors, all with coffee and internet access in the rooms (for a $15 fee). The hotel has numerous great features such as conference rooms, three restaurants, a business center, on-site laundry, room service, barber shop, on-site car rental, pool and fitness center.

SMOKERS! Tampa Marriott Waterside is non-smoking

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 17, 2009

I couldn't find this info anywhere else so I am here to help you smokers. Unless you can enjoy yourself without smoking for a long time, I would stay somewhere else. I planned to travel with a group of 30 and I am the only one among them who smokes. I've been stressed wondering how long i would have to go without smoking a cigarette and how far I woulkd have to go to smoke if I were forced to stay in a non-smoking room. The Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel is a non-smoking hotel, as I think are all Marriotts. Hoping that our room would at least have a balcony I could go out on was my only hope for the mornings.. A VERY KIND & UNDERSTANDING woman that I spoke to when I called the Marriott Waterside direct to see where exactly I could go to smoke at this hotel, told me:
You can ONLY smoke OUTDOORS at the Waterside Cafe. THAT'S IT. She told me that if you are caught smoking outside on your own room's balcony (not all rooms have balconies) you can get a $250.00 fine and that she has seen it happen. I am so thankful for her warning me. I am 90 percent sure that I am going to have to pass on this trip due to my addiction to nicotine, and my unwillingness to quit at this point in my life, just to enable me to participate in the honor I was chosen to be a part of. I will not stop smoking because a dictatorship government tells me that I cannot smoke somewhere. I'll quit when I feel confident that I can succeed and be happy about it. "And that's all I have to say about that.." - Forrest Gump

doug48's Profile Photo

great location

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 24, 2007

the marriott waterside hotel is located on tampa bay in the channel side district just east of downtown tampa. the marriott waterside has one of the best locations in tampa. it is very close to downtown, the st. pete times forum, the aquarium, the port of tampa, and ybor city. the marriott offers all of the amenities of a good business class hotel. because of it's excellent location i highly recommend it.

Directions: channel side, just east of downtown near the st. pete times forum.

imjustsaying's Profile Photo

Tampa's Newest Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 29, 2004

I had a fantastic stay at this hotel. I was given a complimentary room upgrade to an executive level. The room was beautiful and included a balcony with a great view of the area. I could see the Golf and the Forum. The Florida Aquarium, Convention Center and Channelside District are all within walking distance (if you can stand the heat/humidity in July)

I was attending Tampa in July 2004 for a trade show which was also at the hotel so it was very convenient. I found the restaurant prices for breakfast to be far too high.

They had a fabulous outdoor pool but I never had the opportunity to use it.

I was travelling off-season and had a special conference rate. Tampa isn't really where you want to be in July though..it's far too humid to be comfortable outdoors. They had a promotion going on that if you used your Diner's Club card to pay for the hotel, they upgraded your Marriott Rewards level to the next tier.

Directions: This hotel is right near the water and a restaurant/bar area is within easy walking distance. "Channelside District"

tafurojo's Profile Photo

Waterside Hotel

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 24, 2004

The Marriot is a great place to stay if you are in town for a concert, convention, business trip or sporting event. It is downtown and only minutes from the airport.

Directions: downtown

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Tampa Travel Forum

Need advice about Tampa, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Tampa and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Tampa hotel reviews

Spanish/Cuban with history+ambience!
Ybor City-Channelside Tram
Hyde Park Village
Things to Do
Thin delicious pizza and intimate ambience
Tampa Theater- Gorgeous old Tampa