The Westshore Hotel

TVs in the restroom at the Garage BarTVs in the restroom at the Garage Bar

A STREET IN HYDE PARK, TAMPAA STREET IN HYDE PARK, TAMPA

Downtown Tampa and the Plant StatueDowntown Tampa and the Plant Statue

MeerkatsMeerkats

Best things to do with guests from NC??

by kelsey8486

Hello-

My boyfriend and I have friends coming down from North Carolina and we want to take them out Friday night. We just can't figure out the best place to go, and we don't want to get too out of control because we already have plans for Saturday that include tons of dancing and other excitement!

Details:
1) One person is under 21 (She's 20)
2) We want to have fun...obviously lol
3) A few drinks (for the 21 & up)
4) Music (but still be able to hear each other speak without screaming)
5) And not packed into a club where we can barely move.

First thoughts:
- Ybor- but we don't really want to go to a club, too loud and crowded.
- New World Brewery in Ybor- Amazing place with a great atmosphere, but under 21 friend can't get in...
- Channelside- I know all of the clubs, and Splitsville is 21 & up, but is everything??? Could we just sit in the courtyard area, are there still places to get drinks?

Any idea's would be helpful, or if you have any more information on Channelside please let me know! Thanks in advance!!

Re: Best things to do with guests from NC??

by Aloe9678

I haven't been to Tampa in a really long time, but everywhere else I've lived the all-ages or "college" nights have been advertised on the radio. So if there's a station you really like, check out their website and look for an "events" page.

Or check in the newspaper.

And I'm just realizing last night was probably the Friday night you were going out, but hey, you have a few tips in case the same thing happens in the future! Hope you had a good time!

Travel Tips for Tampa

Photographing Downtown Tampa

by aligobs

Curtis Hixon Park provides a really interesting point of view to take photographs of both the University of Tampa and downtown. This is directly downtown on the Riverwalk. I've gotten some really good sunset pictures from that location. Also, depending on how far you can walk, about a mile up Bayshore Blvd the road curves along the bay and all of downtown can be photographed from that vantage point.

Diversity

by Looneydame

When I lived in Tampa, it struck me that almost no one I met was actually from Florida. Ok, I had a few friends that were born and raised in the Tampa Bay area, but they seemed to be anomalies. This is one of the things I love about the area. On my mom's street in the overwhelimng suburban sprawl of north Tampa, there are people from Italy, El Salvador, China, Senegal, Eygpt, Puerto Rico and Germany, as well as from every conceivable corner of the US. And this is just on her street! At my mom's parties, you can easily hear three languages being spoken at the same time, and sometimes in the same conversation. I went to high school briefly in Clearwater, which is near Tampa. At lunch I sat with kids from Romania, Bangledesh, Texas and Ohio, while I brought Louisiana to the table. While there are many places in the US with significant immigrant populations, I like Tampa because everyone just seems to mesh together.

The Bayshore

by scruffy1

Jogging or walking along the Bayshore is a great idea just make sure its HIGH TIDE! When the tide goes out you will be often treated to a unique Tampa experience-the smell of muck mud and other un-pleasantries from the bottom of the bay !!!

Boat Cruises

by tampa_shawn

There are a variety of boat cruises in the Tampa area including:

1) Captain Memo's Pirate Cruise
2) Little Toot Dolphin Watching Cruises
3) Gambling cruises
4) Dinner cruises

The location, cost and exact timing seem to change with the season. See your hotel or the nearest waterway for the most up to date info.

Lets go pick some Berries!

by tampa_shawn

Depending on the season you can pick some berries - mostly in early summer - May, June

The website below offers the best sites

+ Blueberry picking in April and May (normally) at 210 Pruettt Road in Seffneer call 813-9218-4206

+ Strawberry picking - mostly in May - most sites are between Brandon and Lakeland

The link below also provides info on corn, pumpkins picking and even Christmas trees

Comments