East Lake Bed and Breakfast

421 Old East Lake Road, , Tarpon Springs, Florida

• East Lake B & B was not what we expected..

Okay, where to start. When I called and made the reservations everything sounded great. The pictures were nice. After we got there we were given a key to get in if needed. They do have a sensor so they know every time you leave or come back. You go into the front door and the bedroom and bathroom are to the left. Not a lot of privacy. They had a dog and cat in which we were not aware of until we got there. We went to get away from our dog and cats and ended up staying where there was a sick dog and cat. One night we came in after fishing all day and wanted to eat our pizza and relax. Marie met us at the door and almost grabbed the pizza out of my husbands hands. We were told we could not eat in our room and was forced to eat either in the kitchen or Florida room. She did not want crumbs in the room. The television was a little old 12" with a vhs player in it. Very unhappy with that. There was one plug for us to use for everything. We could only plug one phone in at a time. I enjoyed the breakfast but my husband was not happy with it. He didn't think we got enough to eat and did not like what we had other than one morning. The last day we were there we got into a discussion about Obama. If you don't like Obama I would suggest not staying there as she is a big Obama fan. We also noticed any time we mentioned something she didn't like we were told to change the subject. There really was no where for us to sit in our room or to watch tv. We spent our time at the house in the Florida room as that was the only place we were offered to sit. Her husband is great, can't remember his name at the moment but we really enjoyed visiting with him. The house was neat and clean but something there was really bothering my husbands siinus. I think we could have found a better spot to stay. My husband said he is pretty positive that we won't be returning to this location. We did not feel it was worth $50.00 a night for what we had to put up with. Oh, and one more thing. They did not want you to put anything in the refrigerator. They did have one in the garage but you could only go to it when they had the garage open during the day. We had no ice at all the entire time we were there. No coolers are allowed in the bedroom either. Over all I think I would go to a motel the next time if we go over there to fish again. Oh and there is one more major thing that we were unhappy about. There was road construction going on the main road and she was getting all of the neighbors to sign it and so there were people in and out all day and all evening the entire time we were there. Like I said NO PRIVACY!!!!

Unique Quality: It's out in the middle of now where but close to town...there are wild animals that are fed on the porch in the evenings and at night that you can sit and watch if interested. Raccoons, possums, a cat and we did not see it but they said a fox comes up once in awhile. Other than that nothing special.

Directions: In the country just ten minutes from the docks...

Comments