500 Burton Dr

Costs 49% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Ocean Pointe Suites

Great Time

by TripAdvisor Member DaveRuss

Just arrived home after an excellent weeks stay in the 'Keys.' We stayed at the Ocean Pointe suites and I must admit to having been somewhat concerned after reading some of the reports on this web site. However I must say that the one bedroom apartment we had was excellent, with everything we could have possibly wanted. It is true that there is no maid service or change of towles, however there are cleaning items in the apartment along with washing and drying machines. Also found the dishwasher very handy. The room was clean and tidy when we arrived. The beach is OK for sun bathing and was never very busy, most people seemed to be in the pool area and yes the jacuzzi was clean and hot ! Superbly located for trips to all parts of the Keys and there were plenty of good restaurants close by.

Lovely 2 bedroom suites, but service was horrible!!!!!

The property itself is very well kept.....beware of the pool deck area ......we got bitten with fleas all over!!! the jacuzzi didn't heat up and was dirty. I called in advance to make sure we got a clean room....and it paid off cause we were put in one of the nicest units with a beautiful ocean view. I was extremely pleased with the 2 bedroom suite.....all the units are individually owned (condos rented out) so i guess some are not well kept and dirty while others are a dream!!! The morons at the front desk were rude and if yoiu want extra towels forget about housekeeping to bring it......u'll have to go to the front desk and get it u'r self. The beach there is not good for swimming it is more for sunbathing and the boardwalk is nice. So bottom line is horrible service , breakfast is nothing great, and if u get lucky u'll get a nice room. Good luck.

Couldn't understand the negative reviews

by TripAdvisor Member Bubbachumps

We were prepared for the worst when we arrived here after reading some of the reviews, but we had a fantastic stay. The suite was enormous and very clean and well-equipped, with a lovely view of the sea.
The grounds were beautifully kept and the beach, although small, was never too busy and was very pretty.
It's true that some of the staff weren't over-friendly, but who cares? We hardly needed to speak to them.
I would definitely stay here again.

Great Place

I was nervous about deciding to stay here after reading some of the reviews. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. The units are individually owned condo units, not a hotel as I was first led to believe.
Although there is no housekeeping that comes in every day, the condo had everything I needed. 2 bdrms, 2 full baths, a full kitchen with a dishwasher, a stackable washer and dryer, and 2 mini decks to overlook the ocean. The heated pool and the hot tub was clean and wonderful! The beach was well maintained, and had great views. The free breakfast was typical, juice, coffee, cereal, bagels, english muffins, fruit and danish. All units were accessible by an elevator.
The staff was friendly, and helpful. It really was more than I expected. Although there was some wear and tear on the property, it was a great value, and I will be staying there again.

False Information

I am extremely shocked that anyone could have a negative review of this place. I've been staying here with my family every single Christmas for the past 8 years and - though to you it is just an opinion - this place is top notch. We are all very picky travelers. On other vacations, we often stay at 5/6 star resorts and pay very expensive rates. Ocean Pointe is a relaxing, beautiful place to spend a vacation. Anyone who gives this place a bad review must just have a sour personality to begin with. If you are looking for a nice, relaxing vacation, Ocean Pointe is DEFINETLY a wonderful choice.

Comments