Plaza Beach Resort St. Pete Beach

4506 Gulf Boulevard Saint Pete Beach Tampa, Treasure Island, Florida, 33706, United States
Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Plaza Beach Resort St. Pete Beach

Loved Weekend Getaway!

After searching extensively online for a hotel in St.Pete Beach, I was astonished at the high praise for Plaza Beach Resort Motel. We went just for the weekend, and it lived up to all our expectations! An inexpensive transport option is the Super Shuttle ($30 roundtrip, per person from TIA).

If you like friendly, down-to-earth service, clean rooms and spacious kitchenettes, and the beach right at your doorstep, the Plaza Beach Resort is for you. The environment is laid-back and relaxed, with dolphin sculptures and azure blue walkways at every turn. While we were definitely the youngest guests at the hotel, my boyfriend and I quickly got used to daily routines of shuffle board and sunbathing. Everyone knows each other by name, and as we rolled our bags out of the room, a sweet woman leaned over, astonished, and asked, "Are you leaving so soon?" We'll certainly be back... longer next time!

excellent,place to stay!!! coming back!!!

this ia an absolute wonderful place to spend yur gulf vacation. My husband and I loved our week stay.

.we thank all the staff for being so friendly. rooms are very clean. we will be coming back and also telling all our friends!!!!!.
thanks again, Cathy and Tim

OK, but dirty...

by TripAdvisor Member Steve_Ricky

Good points:

•Large airy rooms
•Well equipped kitchens
•Right on a lovely beach
•Nice covered patio area for relaxing out of the hot sun
•Great location with local amenities on the doorstep
•Ice cold air conditioning (but see below) and good ceiling fans
•Great large screen TVs in rooms

Bad points:

•Rooms were really dirty: there were hairs on the bathroom wall, the carpet was so dirty it was blackening the soles of my feet, the bed linen wasn’t changed during my 8 day stay. On one day the maid service failed to clean my room at all.
•The guy who checked me in seemed a bit off hand
•The WiFi doesn’t reach about 90% of the rooms
•The pool sometimes looked a bit murky
•Beds have plastic mattress covers on them which makes for a hot nights sleep
•The bathroom light in my room seemed to turn itself on and off (spooky!)
•AC was cold, but it was also really noisy to the point it interrupted my sleep

Disappointment...not what was expected at all

Based on the "excellent" rating this place got through tripadvisor, we booked a room expecting it to be as nice as what was represented on the internet site. Unfortunately, we were extremely disappointed. Upon arrival, we found this to be a motel and not a resort at all. It is a tiny place that could really use some remodeling.

When checking in, the front desk clerk was talking on his cell phone while checking me in. He basically threw the registration card and pen at me. This wasn't too big a deal to me, but not expected based on the reviews I read about the staff at this "resort". The check-in/front desk lobby was nice...if only they would spend the same money to update the rooms as they have on the lobby.

We walked up to our room and it was very small. The pictures online make it look a lot bigger than it actually is. It was wall-to-wall furniture. We had requested a crib when we booked the room, which wasn't ready when we arrived, and once the crib was in the room there was NO ROOM for anything else. We didn't have anywhere to put our luggage. There was no dvd/vcr player in the room and it did not have a full kitchen...I would call it a partial kitchen at best. The dresser in the room was damaged (broken wood at the corners) and the sofa had rips in it as well. The hall light was a flourescent which would not turn on all the way...it just kept flickering. There was also a musty smell in the room, which I'm sure is partly due to being near the beach, but I've stayed in other places near the beach that don't have that smell.

The bathroom was awful and needs a complete remodel. While it appeared clean, there was still mildew stains on the bathtub tile that obviously wouldn't come out. There was no counterspace to speak of...just enough room in the bathroom for the toilet, sink, and tub. Definitely not enough room to try and bathe a toddler unless I got in the tub with her! While the bathroom may be fine for a single traveller, it would not work for a family of four.

While sitting in the room trying to decide what to do, we could hear whenever anyone walked by outside the room...not just right by the door, but from several feet away until they passed the door and several feet in the other direction. So after pondering our options, we finally decided to leave. We were able to get our money back since we didn't stay, but we did not get back the $100 deposit that we were charged when we booked.

All in all, we were just extremely disappointed that this "resort" turned out to be a hole-in-the-wall motel with someone who knows how to manipulate the ratings on tripadvisor. While we could have tolerated staying in this room, it would not have been relaxing for us, which was the whole purpose of the trip. And for the amount of money charged for the room at Plaza Beach, it was not worth it. We ended up moving to a much nicer place just up the road where the amount we paid was equal to the room and service we received.

Like someone else said, be careful what you read...do lots of research when booking over the internet. If something sounds too good to be true, then it probably is! Lesson learned here.

Not Sure if I'll be back

by TripAdvisor Member burkey

I like others have read the rave reviews about Plaza Beach. Yes, it's directly on St. Pete's Beach and yes it very clean. However, the ocean view rooms are in reality, rooms facing the parking lot. The building is angled so that you can see the ocean, but you are not facing the beach as I was lead to believe. The rooms were small and the A/C was quite loud. We paid $135 (Cad.) for 3 adults and 2 children. The kitchenette did not have a stove, just a microwave and oventop. The pool is not large and at times became quite congested. We would have liked a place for our children to play in such as a playground or children's pool, however these were not available.

Comments