Horse and Chaise Inn

317 Ponce de Leon, Venice, Florida, 34285, United States

More about Venice Beach

PelicanPelican

waters edge venicewaters edge venice

Sunset at Casey Key VeniceSunset at Casey Key Venice

Noomis Beach SunsetNoomis Beach Sunset

Relocation in awe without a clue : )

by NeuvoNative

Hello!

I will be relocating to Venice next month and can hardly type I am so excited...after I get settled, what is the FIRST thing I should do or the first place I should go to help me get oriented?? Other than running toward the beach on the first day, lol!!

by jonellis

Which Venice ? Florida or California or Italy ?

by rkearns

haha good question. if it's california, i would walk the boardwalk and just look around, maybe catch a bite to eat... there are tons of places. there are good restaurants on the streets before you get to the beach as well. you're going to be a kid in a candy store. if you have a bike, ride down to santa monica to the pier and do the touristy stuff (lock your bike!) chances are, you won't do much of that stuff once you're settled in. it becomes a novelty to some.
congrats! excited for you.

by hawkhead

Looks like Florida, as that's what appears at the top left of the page when one clicks on the reply button.

by jonellis

If it is Venice Florida, you need to tell us if you will be living on the Island of Venice, or inland somewhere. The inland waterway makes part of Venice an Island and that is where the beach is. Excellent beach I might add. On Tuesday afternoons there is a small musical group starting soon on the beach, and there used to be a gospel musical group on Friday afternoons that play until sunset. I have not been there on a Friday this year yet so I don't know about them. Then in the evenings you can go to the restaurant at Venice Pier or go out on the Pier which is open to the public. The little park downtown usually has some activities every weekend including a farmers Market. I was there a week ago, and will be back there sometime this Spring. Condo in our Family a short walk to the beach.

by grasshopper_6

The beaches here (in Venice Florida)are pretty nice. If you are into sharks teeth, people come from all over the world to collect them here. Nice beaches include Venice Nokomis and Caspersen beaches, but there are many others.Wednesday nights I believe they have a drum circle at Nokomis Beach.
Orientation: hmmm - In Venice proper, walk down Venice ave in the afternoon and youll see lots of shops restaraunts, a few bars etc. There is also the Venice Theater downtown if you enjoy live theater. Saturday morning they have a pretty decent farmers market/flea market downtown. Night-wise, venice tends to shut down early, so if you're a night owl you may need to drive 20 minutes or so north to sarasota for entertainment. I have a page on sarasota that is not too out of date if you decide to drive up.
Hope that helps a little. Good luck with your relocation!

Travel Tips for Venice Beach

Sunset at Casey Key

The sunsets were wonderful
Every night we walked along one of the many piers including this one at Casey Key and watched the sunset.
Every single night we saw Pelicans, Dolphins and many other sea birds. It was really lovely. We met people from all over the USA too. Sunsets and beautiful beaches, fossilized shark's teeth, friendly people, and sharkeys of course.

Waterways

by doreenellen

The waterways are everywhere around Venice. You can hire accommodation complete with boat and mooring. Or just hire a boat and coast up the waterways and see the beautiful wild life and scenery. Waterwasy, beaches and sunsets Not forgetting the people.

Venice

"Venice Florida"

What a pleasant surprise Venice turned out to be.
About 2 hours from Tampa a little piece of heaven.
Beautiful beaches, and sunsets. A little town with a high street, with different types of shops, an ice cream parlor, churches etc and wonderful waterways everywhere. It is not commecialised at all. Although there were Retail Outlets on the outskirts of the town.
We met several americans whom had come to Venice for the winter months - snow birds they call them they informed us.
We stayed in a little bungalow with its own pool and full facilities.
So much different to staying in a hotel.
We went to the local supermarkets and had bar be cues by own pool. We ate out some evenings but it was nice to have the choice.
We would love to live there as it has a magic of it's own.
We will go back one day as have really happy memories
The beaches were fantastic and there were plenty of wildlife to see every day. Most evenings we walked along the little piers to see the sunsets and the fishermen and birds etc.
We visited Sarasota, Anna Marie Island, St Petersburg etc. but lloved Venice the best.

Comments