Costa d'Este Beach Resort

3244 Ocean Dr, Vero Beach, Florida, 32963, United States

More about Costa d'Este Beach Resort

stylish hotel, great gym, but dj in pool area made evening a ruin

by TripAdvisor Member touristwoman

Costa d' Este is a very stylish hotel; contemporary with unusual and interesting interior decor. The gym is fantastic- fully equipped. Location: great, staff: great. The pool is scape is serene and there is a bar poolside. The evening I was there the hotel set up a dj in the pool area who had numerous large speakers playing super loud music that echoed off the building. This might not have been bad, except the music itself was explicit full of racial slurs, swearing, put downs to women, what I would define as the baddest of the bad gangsta' rap, not what I would expect from a hotel owned allegedly by the Estefans, as in Gloria Estefans family. This curse fest of music went on all night and I was most uncomfortable hearing the rapping N word, F word, C word, Ho, booty shaker referenced music- and I am open minded about music. As a solo woman traveller, who likes to dance I didn't like the scene at all for combined with the choice of music I'd have felt like a stripper if I did dance. I am really surprised any hotel would choose this kind of music, so loud, into the night.

Nice atmoshere - subpar service - Over priced

by TripAdvisor Member Marsh68

We stayed here on Valentines night. The place is beautiful and well kept. Check-in was at 4:00pm, they didn't have the room ready until 6:30pm. We had dinner reservations at 7:00pm and we barely made it. Dinner at the Hotel "Oriente": They lost our reservations we made 2 weeks earlier, but they were able to seat us after some complaining. The dinner was fine, not special for $125.
We were unable to get to sleep at a descent hour because of the noise. Between the hotel pool bar, the neighboring hotel pool bar, and people/staff in the hallways, we got sleep around 2:30AM.
Breakfast.....Thought we would have a beachside/poolside breakfast at the hotel. Found out it was buffet and thought it would be nice. Again, nothing special...Not checking the price before we ate, we ended up with a $55 breakfast check...Totally disappointing....We checked out at 10:00am.
Conclusion: If you don't care about cost and like the "on the beach feeling", you might enjoy a stay here. We also had massages at the spa. That was the only high spot of the trip other than the nice rooms...(Ocean port King)@$249 /night.
There's nicer hotels in the area....

Reservations did not respond

I called the hotel reservations directly on Monday morning and the phone rang and rang..... at least 20 times and NO ANSWER.

I tried back about 20 minutes later..... someone answered finally, but they 'could not talk' then. They would get back to me?

I finally tried a third time that evening and the front desk answered but they were too busy to talk to me right then.... could they call back???

Hey THREE STRIKES and you are OUT. How can a hotel not have one person to talk to a prospective customer??? I think I made the right decision to pick another hotel to 'give my money to"

Wow!!!

by TripAdvisor Member shannh

This is one fabulous hotel!! We stayed for 4 amazing nights. The room was very zen like!! We loved the huge 2 head shower, comfortable beds and gorgeous linens. The room was spotless!!! The head chef, David Rodriguez prepared the most amazing meals...the presentation was gorgeous as well. Every aspect of our stay was beyond expectations. I think the best surprise was the live music by the pool on Sunday afternoon. There was a fabulous jazz/contemporary music group that we thoroughly enjoyed. Oh, and may I suggest a couples massage in the spa!!! It was over the top!! The two women that performed the massages were completely professional and absolutely lovely. The spa itself is quite beautiful with wonderful little private benches to relax on before and after your treatments. Costa D'Este in Vero Beach is a real hidden gem!! I wish I were still there!!!

Mostly Nice Stay

by TripAdvisor Member busouki

We stayed over Valentine's Day weekend and the hotel was mobbed. We arrived tired and in our "winter" clothes after a 3 1/2 hour flight into Fort Lauderdale and driving two hours to the hotel. We arrived at 2:00 p.m. and were told check-in is at 4:00 p.m. and they'd call our cell phone as soon our room was ready. So, we said great - we'd really appreciate anything they could do to get us in earlier than 4:00 p.m but we understood and went off to have lunch. We didn't receive a call and returned to the hotel at 3:30 p.m -still no room. At this time there was quite a mob in the lobby waiting for their rooms to be ready. The front desk seemed overwhelmed and not particulary concerned with their customers' comfort. We did actually get into our room a little after 4:00 p.m. but there were many other guests still waiting.

Also, I gave them a credit card upon check-in which was different from the one I had used to hold the room, and the young man at the front desk took it and said all room charges would be put onto the new credit card (wrong - charges showed up on the card I used for the deposit.) So, their front desk needs a little work, but honestly, I think that hotel management is trying hard.

Service at the pool bar was very nice and the front door staff also competent and nice.

The rooms are beautiful and comfortable and really welled laid out. The location is great - within walking distance of lot's of restaurants and shops and the beach veiws were spectacular. Also, I felt that this was a really good value. All in all - we enjoyed our stay. They just need to work out a few service issues, but I would definitely reurn to this hotel.

3 day stay in higher end room

by TripAdvisor Member Noyzrulz

We stayed in a which originally 429 and we got it cheaper at 289. I think it was called a King Porthole room because besides the ocean view was a porthole window looking out the side. The hotel is slightly different then any other hotel you have been at in a good way. Being a newer hotel everything was clean and up to date. Firm bed with feather pillows. Shower had 2 heads. Small things are remembered like a corkscrew for opening wine. Beautiful pool and lounge area and a view of the ocean that is tough to beat. Spectacular staff overall, everyone was very helpful and went the extra mile. We tried the restaurant and were not familiar with Cuban style food but the waiter spent extra time answering our questions and then some. It was also affordable, including room service cost. Dinner for 2 with a couple glasses of more expensive wine came in under $100.

Now, nothing is perfect. The room lacked a microwave or coffee maker. Little store across the street called Cravings has great coffee, pastries and more. We requested someone fix a squeaking bathroom door, and they either failed to do so, or did so poorly. Birds landed on the patio and crapped all over and this was not cleaned over 2 days, making the balcony (a big feature of this room) useless. If we had not gotten a price break or stayed longer, we may have asked for a partial refund.

At the end of the day, a perfect hotel is rare, but this one is worth a nights stay. Check it out.

South Beach, just a little north

by TripAdvisor Member mcclungp

Gloria Estefan owned Costa d'Este brings the fun and vibrance of South Beach to the shores of Vero Beach. As the owner states on a promotional video, you have to travel 2 hours away to really "be" on vacation, and the feeling at Costa d'Este brings vacations to life.

The entrance with a vibrant waterfall evokes the mood of relaxation and beach sophistication. Walking into the lobby you smell the scent of incense and see floating candles surrounding the walls. Greeted by name as you arrive, the staff goes out of their way to show you the hotel that they themselves take great pride in.

No if ands or buts about, there was some major "coin" dropped into Costa d'este. The staff mentioned that many of the features of Gloria's home that she enjoys were built into the hotel, including teak covered walls and the theme of circles.

Our room was an ocean front suite, with lounge area, flat screen and table in one room and king size platform bed with deep tub bathroom in the other. The flooring was light stone contrasted with the dark teak walls with built in flat screens. The sofa could pull out into a second bed for my son.

We travel with a disability service dog for my son, and how hotels react to service animals is very different. Here we were welcomed with open arms and grace. As we headed to the restaurant, a FABULOUS cuban location, which was full on a weeknight, the front desk called ahead to let them know we were on our way with the service dog, so there would be no issue. Very nice.

The bedding was superb, and pool very South Beach oriented, but alas it was too cold to take it in. The hotel is within a number of shops and restaurants and made a great getaway from the hustle and bustle of regular life.

Fabulous!

by TripAdvisor Member meftraveler

I just returned from a great trip to Vero Beach. The Costa D'Este was wonderful. The staff was helpful and the rooms and hotel inviting. I was traveling with my older parents and since the hotel looked quite trendy on the website was wondering if it was going to be a good fit. It definitely was. The rooms were beautiful and my father really liked the built in bench in the shower. The hotel is situated on the beach and has a wonderful pool/hottub area. The fitness room was spotless as well. The lunch and dinner at the hotel was terrific. The Salmon BLT for lunch was addictive. Also, liked that they had 1/2 price drinks between 4:30 and 6:30!

Great Location and Great Experience on Vero Beach

by TripAdvisor Member PeteVVI

The Costa d'Este is a hidden gem on Florida's Treasure Coast. Pop Star Gloria Estefan and her husband Emilio have added personal touches everywhere in their reincarnation of the old Vero Beach Palm Court, which was nearly destroyed in a hurricane just days after they purchased it. The facility is new, exciting and a treat for all of the senses. Oriente, the on-site restaurant specializes in Cuban food, but has dishes to suit most any taste. The food we had was excellent. We experienced a few very minor issues with our room, which for the most part was clean and very comfortable. Wireless internet was free and signal strength was good. The hotel has some of the best fitness equipment I have ever seen in a hotel and spa services are available. The staff was friendly and helpful. There was plenty of free parking and even complimentary valet service. The eclectic shops and restaurants of Vero Beach are just steps away as is the nearly private beach. My only complaint would be the access to the South tower which was through the outdoor pool area and into a non-descript and poorly lit stairwell to get to the elevator. The heavy doors and darkened area under the stairs made it difficult for my elderly mother to get to and from her room. Perhaps they have added some better lighting since we stayed. The North tower has elevator access through the lobby. All-in-all a very pleasant experience. Kudos.

Excellent Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Garyhfly

We stayed at Costa d'Este for a break over Easter week-end, and found the hotel to be excellent and staff to be friendly and welcoming,
Enjoyed the Cuban influenced food in the restuarant.
Location could not be better, all in all a very nice hotel.

Comments