Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach Oceanside

Expedia.com Orbitz.com IHG

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Vero Beach

malarty treasure museummalarty treasure museum

BarBar

Moorings at Vero BeachMoorings at Vero Beach

Beach access on the main dragBeach access on the main drag

feedback needed on Indian River Mall

by kittylulu

I'm thinking of moving to Vero Beach but when I stopped to see what the mall had to offer I became concerned. Is the Indian River Mall's vacant stores a sign that all is not well here or do the locals just prefer another shopping area? Does anyone think it will stand the test of time. I can't imagine moving to a city without these department stores?

by grandmaR

I haven't been to Vero Beach since 2004 and it wouldn't be my favorite place to move to anyway. Plus shopping is my least favorite activity.

It may be that the stores had hurricane damaged and closed because of that (there was still a lot when we were in the area in 2005) or it may just be that the economy is bad and they've closed those stores.

by Florida999

VERO????? How old are you, if you don't mind me asking? Unless you are over 70...DON'T DO IT!! Trust me on this...my inlaws ( over 80) live there, my poor husband grew up there. There is NOTHING in Vero Beach, besides mostly old people, and lately some illegals. Even the beach isn't great. There is a huge drop off, and they often have shark attacks and rip-currents.
There is no gym, there are no decent restaurants, there is just nothing. Well, you can go fishing under the bridge....that's about it. Lol! I hate visiting the inlaws because they live there. I wished they lived in Cocoa beach, or Ormond, or anywhere but Vero. Lol!

by Florida999

oh yeah, forgot, they got hit by several hurricanes in 2004 and the city was very damaged at that time. My inlaws lived with us for months until their house was fixed....ANOTHER reason to not move there!!

by Florida999

>>>Cocoa and Ormond and a lot of other places along that coast were also hit with hurricanes in 2004. That's a fact of life anywhere in FL. >>>

Cocoa got some of it, Ormond was barely touched ( I have friends that own a beach house there). Hurricanes always hit the east-coast at an angle, it is very unlikely for Ormond or St. Augustine to get a direct hit. Vero is further south and has a very good chance to get a direct hit. Orlando got hit also, we had no power for a week, but it has only happened once in 40 years. Personally, I would rather have a hurricane than a earthquake anyday, at least you can prepare.

by grandmaR

I stayed in Ormond in 2005, and the place I stayed still had a lot of damage. Fort Pierce got hammered.

by Florida999

Are you sure you are talking about Ormond Beach north of Daytona?! Fort Pierce is south of Vero.....and yes, they got a major hit. All the hurricanes that hit the east coast were way south of Ormond, or even Daytona....
Lol, now we have definitely scared off whoever wanted to move here!!
Can you add a photo to a forum post?

by grandmaR

Yes I am talking about Ormond Beach north of Daytona. Yes I know Ft. Pierce is south of there. We stayed at Plantation Island condo in Jan 2005. They had some damage from the hurricanes and not all of it was fixed yet when we were there - only one of the elevators worked. This was pre-Katrina on the Gulf Coast. In 2004 you had Charlie, Francis and Jeanne. Katrina and Wilma were 2005 after our visit.

We started in Miami and drove by Ft Pierce which took a hard hit, went by New Smyrna (ditto), stayed a week in Titusville which didn't seem bad, drove up via Ponce, and stayed a week in Ormond Beach from which we visited St. Augustine.

Travel Tips for Vero Beach

Bridges to Vero Beach

by tpangelinan

There are 2 main bridges to get on to Vero Beach, they are not to far apart as you can see. They take you over the inner coastal ways and the marina. The farthest on in the photo is just above South Beach and the one I'm on will take you to the heart of Vero Beach if you hang a left.

Comments