3500 Ocean Drive, Vero Beach, Florida, 32963, United States

Vero Beach Hotel & Spa - A Kimpton Hotel
Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Costs 57% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Customer Service at it's Best

My recent stay at this hotel was wonderful. My family and I felt like VIP guests. The staff was wondeful, room great with a beautiful view of the ocean. The concierges were so helpful with our 4th of July planning. Where can you play in the pool, go to the beach and go fish in the same day and never have to leave the hotel? Wow We had so much fun we didn't want to leave. This hotel is definitely a diamond in the Vero Beach treasure chest. LRC

Unique Quality: pool, beach front, great views, great happy hour

Directions: Wonderful Beach town

• doug48's Profile Photo

luxury resort

the vero beach hotel & club is a new ocean front luxury hotel in vero beach. the hotel offers spacious rooms with a west indies style decor. on premises is indigo room restaurant and a cocktail lounge. the vero beach hotel & club has a nice pool over looking the ocean. the best hotel in vero beach but quite expensive.

Directions: central vero beach.

More about Vero Beach Hotel And Club

Avoid a Wedding / Event Here

by TripAdvisor Member GlobeTraveler06

Jo Bayley and Peter Serena are terrible to work with. Never plan a wedding or event at the Vero Beach Hotel & Club. The hotel is beautiful although the hotel did not invest in good people. We had a nightmare trying to plan our wedding here. We are very reasonable people and this is strictly a function of the Vero Beach Club and the fact that they are inept.

Jo Bayley (Head of Sales) and Peter Serena (General Manager) consistently set false expectations. Jo says she has experience although she was lost the entire time. She was quite rude and never followed up with us and kept leading us on that she would meet our expectations. Jo set the expectation that we could have 100 people at our wedding for May . This expectation was the number we worked with for 2 months until December 30th. Jo sent us an email stating that we would have to reduce our head-count to 70 (30% reduction) 5 months before the wedding. There was no call and Jo stopped returning our calls to discuss this. I talked with Peter about this and he could care less and completely compromised the integrity of the hotel in my opinion..either he has no respect among his employees or he does not care. I could give you numerous examples similar to this but I hope you get the point.

The entire experience was quite strange...we were ready to spend 15k on the wedding for 100 people although they acted as though they wanted nothing to do with us. They kept changing the price structure & contract last minute and it felt like a "bait & switch" tactic to get us to pay more. Additionally, it was impossible to reach Jo after our first few conversations and she deliberately lied to my fiance numerous times about the details and she avoided our calls & emails.

Stay away at all costs. They promise you the world although they did nothing but enhance the stress. The first couple times you speak with Jo you will be pleased but the problems start to occur when you are more embedded in the process.

A Class Above!

by TripAdvisor Member IMB-Cheshire

We stayed in Vero Beach Hotel and Club as part of our Florida vacation and can only say that this place is truly amazing.

The hotel itself is located in a small seaside village on a quaInt street with shops and boutiques. There are not endless restaurants to choose from, but the ones which are there are fantastic.

Packed with courtesy and style, this hotel is out of this world. The design and layout is exquisite from the ground entrance all the way to the room, which was just luxurious. The interior design is something to be savoured and the pool area is truly delightful.

The only downside to this hotel was leaving, as I could happily have settled for a few more days. Part of the 'Prefered Hotels' group it certainly lives up to it's reputation.

This is a must for anybody staying in Vero. Top recommendation!!!

Back & better than ever!

by TripAdvisor Member Jen-o_on_the_go

My husband and I have been patiently waiting for this hotel to reopen after having been destroyed by the storms in '05. We were not disappointed. There is really no other place in Vero Beach to stay. There are a couple of run-down, weather-torn, mildew-ridden "motels", but no real options for the seasoned traveler with higher expectations who's willing to pay a bit more to be comfortable. This resort is exactly what we have been waiting for. A place that finally matches the tone of Vero Beach's quieter, more upscale side.

I'll start with the suite first: Phenomenal. Beautiful travertine covered the entire floor. Marble and granite were everywhere. Beautiful linens and furniture. Exquisitely appointed bathrooms with large shower with a separate soaking tub. Great toiletries too (I confess to finding them on-line and purchasing them later for home use!). It was difficult to pin down the Housekeeping schedule, some mornings early, others not until 3:00 pm. The room was meticulously cleaned each day, though. Nightly turndown service was lovely and timely. We slept like babies each night....right up to when construction began each morning on the second phase. It was a bit louder for us as we were in an oceanfront corner suite so we were not buffered by other rooms from the outside noise. The resort also appears to be in possession of the world's only turbine jet engine lawn and landscaping tools. I swear it sounded like there was a turbo-prop airplane landing on our balcony at 7:30 one morning. It turned out to be a landscaper with a leaf blower blowing off the pool deck.

The resort's main restaurant is not opened as of yet. They are operating a small poolside restaurant/bar with a minimal menu in the meantime. The food was satisfactory, but we have other restaurants we have grown to love over the years. The Lemon Tree for breakfast and The Tides for dinner are two of our favorites. And, of course, Bobby's which is right next-door.

There is no guest parking on premises, only valet. There is, however, abundant street parking most nights (the construction workers take up all the spots during the day).

One side note, on our first night, my husband and I sat outside in our white fluffy robes on our balcony and listened to the waves while having a glass of wine. The next morning my husband looked like a smallpox victim. Both of his legs were completely covered with no-see-um bites. These were terribly uncomfortable for him and he wanted me to stress to anyone reading this to remember the bug spray.

Don't Stay Here -- Don't Honor Commitments!!!

by TripAdvisor Member jo_from_kokomo

I received a gift certificate for a "2-day, 1-night hotel stay" around the first of July 2004. It expired on October 15 of that same year.
That unfortunately was the summer my younger brother was killed in a car accident so I couldn't use the certificate in July and in August, the hurricanes began hitting the coast of Florida and in September it got even worse. The bottom line is this hotel was wiped out. I tried calling about using the certificate that spring 2005 but was told the hotel was being rebuilt-- called a couple of time after that and was told the same. It finally re-opened in Feb '07 and I called about using the cerficate and was told by Michelle - that since it was bought and sold they would no longer honor my gift certificate. I told her that I would share how they operate (not honoring prior commitments) with others and that's exactly what I'm doing.

A first class hotel

by TripAdvisor Member emptynestin

I stay in a lot of hotels. This is a first class hotel. I am very familiar with Vero and this is the best hotel there - period.

This hotel is all new - not rebuilt but new since the hurricanes in 2004 leveled the previous property. Despite the fact that there was construction next door, the hotel and staff went out of their way to make sure that it was not intrusive and it was not. The rooms are new, beautiful and luxuriously (thats the only way to describe it) appointed. The location is excellent - right on the beach within walking distance of everything.

If you want first class in Vero, this is it.

lovely hotel on the beach

by TripAdvisor Member critiqueVirginia

excellent experience at this hotel, hotel is currently underconstruction, newly finished portion open for business, this is a very well designed hotel, pool area is beautiful, cleanliness was excellent, service was top notch and room rates acceptable, the exercise room has great equipment and the outdoor bar and grill served good food and drink....restaurant on premises not completed yet... but ther are a few local eateries and restaurants within walking diatance that were very nice especially the Ocean grill ...linens and room amenities were perfect and the decor thru out was appealing.. look forward to returning

Simply the Best

by TripAdvisor Member artkvkn

My wife and I spent 8 days there in the middle of July. We booked the Hotel sight unseen knowing that it had just recently opened. Boy were we surprised when we checked in. The place is simply gorgeous and first class. The room overlooked the beach and the pool ( a corner room) and the furnishings and amenities were the best. My wife and I are experienced travelers and this was simply the best place that we had stayed at. The beach was gorgeous, the pool superb, and the poolside bar and grill overlooking the ocean was fantastic. Only complaint was we drove down and the parking situation for cars is pretty crowded. Used parking valet and it was not very convneient. Supposedly it will be corrected. Can't recomment this place enough despite it being a little pricey.

Gorgeous hotel

by TripAdvisor Member NewyorkChubby

Stayed here for two nights with my husband in a partial oceanview suite. Gorgeous rooms with upscale furnishings. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location on the beach can not be beat.
We arrived very early 11:45 am and went to have lunch at The Lemon Tree which was recommended when I inquired at the front desk. This is were the locals fruequent. We also had breakfast their the next morning. Take left out of the hotel and down three blocks on the right. The beach side grill was closed the day we arrived.
Hotel desk called us about 12:20 and told us our room was ready. We really appreciated the excellent and attentive service. If ever back in Vero would definitely stay here again.

Stopped by for a bite at the pool grille.

by TripAdvisor Member SkiScuba

While staying at Disney's Vero Beach, we stopped by this hotel to have a bite at the pool grille and to check out the new hotel. It is has all the charm of a boutique hotel and is decorated in the West Indies fashion. The pool area is beautiful and it sits up high, so there is a great view of the ocean. We had the pecan encrusted grouper, which was delicious.

On the way out, we walked over to the newly opened restaurant, Indigo, and it is breathtakingly beautiful. It has long banquettes with a spectacular Atlantic Ocean backdrop. We are sorry that we didn't have time to dine there.

If you are not staying at this hotel, at least try one of the restaurants. You won't be disappointed by the ambiance.

Comments