Comfort Inn West Palm Beach Hotel

Costs 26% less but rated 23% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about West Palm Beach

manalpan beachmanalpan beach

palm beachpalm beach

I believe this was a florida panther thatI believe this was a florida panther that

Palm BeachPalm Beach

cab fares

by beraha

My wife and I (both disabled seniors) would like the fare cost from the West Palm airport to Century Village, Boca Raton (509 Fanshaw ). Thank you.

RE: cab fares

by nicolaitan

I did this run ( not CV but close enough ) about 3 years ago with a private car service and the cost without tip was $40. The locals say he ripped me off and it should have been $25-30.

Transportation nightmares are over!!! I have seen the light...

by seasoned45

I've been doing business in West Palm Beach for almost 30 years, now (commuting via air) and have seen the prices for car service go insanely high, as the quality of service went to an unacceptable low... I recently (Jan) paid $65 to go 14 miles from PBI to Singer Island. Then I saw an ad on craigslist that caught my eye...and the rest is a sweet ending to a long, bitter story.

E&R Transportation advertises their sedan rates at $2/mile, and that's exactly what it was - $28 to Singer Island (14 miles) in a nice Black Lincoln...$28 - no kidding!! My driver was very friendly, professional, and spoke beautiful English, which is not easy to find in S. FL.

For your trip, from PBI to Boca (let's say 20 miles), at their advertised rate of $2/mile, would probably run you close to $40, but they seemed like they would work with the customers for longer distances, as he quoted me a great rate for my next trip, coming to West Palm from FLL - ($70!!). I used to pay $120 for the exact same service!!

Their number, to make it easy on everyone, is 561-506-9499

Good luck...

Travel Tips for West Palm Beach

Oktoberfest... Florida style in Lantana

by sunlovey

Shame on me for not having been to the REAL Oktoberfest in Munchen, BUT, Tim & I never miss our local fest in Lantana just south of West Palm.

This is a HUGE festival (one of the largest in the U.S and I'd dare to say the one with the BEST weather in early October) beneath a big pavillion and in a slightly wooded area with traditional long benches lined with thousands of people guzzling beer and singing along to the folk music.
Rides, games, live bands from Germany, traditional German food, imported German beer & schapps and TONS OF CHICKEN DANCING!

Check out the Web site for specific dates each year.

Directions:
Take I95 south to Lantana Rd., exit heading West, pass Congress, Military Trail, and Haverhill Rd. The American German Club will be on your right just after Haverhill.

Howley's - 'Cooked in sight,...

by CK932

Howley's - 'Cooked in sight, must be right'. The people who own this place are really nice. It's cheap eatin' so don't expect anything fancy. Just the feel of the place, makes you think you're at home.
50's diner style, lots of shiny chrome and all the locals hang out in the front. Get a table by the window. The famous Howley Burger or the Greek Salad. It's great!! The BEST has to be the mashed potatoes with gravy, I get light headed just thinking about it.

Utterly chic Italian

by sunlovey about Ristorante Bova

This place is GORGEOUS. New on the scene and pretty tasty. Picture clean whites mixing with silver and potted grass as your centerpiece.

Make sure you have a drink at the bar first. I suggest you order one of their absolutely genius renditions of the Bellini... (or go for the classic if you wish—prosecco and peach nectar) I recommend the lemongini—prosecco with a shot of lemoncello. Lovely. When it comes to being sat for dinner, ask for a booth if you can, think pearly white tufted luxe with a great view of the dining room.

Clientele is older, after all, this is Boca. But I think they wish for a more youthful crowd and are doing things to promote such. Try not to be shocked by the mass quantities of saline, botox and such.

Thursday nights are called "High Society" and this is when the "younger" set comes out for drink specials and dancing to tunes spun by their resident DJ. This goes on 'til like 2 am. I had a divine little eggplant appetizer... thinly sliced and seasoned with fresh ricotta cheese and a drizzle of spicy tomato sauce.

Then for my entree, a huge bowl of creamy risotto with succulent scallops and asparagus.

My husband and some of the others with us thought the food to be a little on the bland side, but nothing a little salt and pepper can't fix.

Extensive wine list which is surprisingly decently priced from what we experienced.
*Price per person excludes wine in this case.

atlantic ave. delray beach

by doug48

delray beach is a very nice resort town located south of west palm beach off of I-95. in downtown delray atlantic ave. is lined with upscale stores, excellent restaurants, and a number of bars. atlantic ave. is well worth a visit in the west palm beach area. for more information about delray beach see my delray beach page.

West Palm Beach - Sun, Yachts, and Bentley's

by MatthewMetcalfe

I recently did a dive trip to West Palm Beach. Although I had flown into the Airport before, I never really spent anytime in West Palm.

West Palm has fantastic Beaches complimented by Yachts of all sizes. It's a great place to "money watch"!

There is a lot to see and do in West Palm. I look forward to going back.

Comments