2025 Vista Pkwy, West Palm Beach, Florida, 33411, United States
Hotels.com Booking.com Priceline.com

More about West Palm Beach

don ramon restaurantdon ramon restaurant

palm beach zoopalm beach zoo

Inside of the restaurantInside of the restaurant

Could be one of Donald's projectsCould be one of Donald's projects

I'm moving to Palm beach...advice please!

by rachel12345

Hey I'm moving to Palm Beach County when I fisinsh my degree here in Ireland. I'll be a qualified optometrist and hopefully get a 3 year visa.

I'm not familiar with the culture, weather etc of palm beach at all. I'd appreciate a few pointers from you that live there/have been. Tell me anything I'll appreciate all information but especially -
Which part of palm beach county is the cheapest to live in?
How often do hurricanes occur? (We have mild weather in Ireland so that is worrying me a bit)
I'm a pentecostal Christian - does anyone know of any suitable churches and their web site so I can check it out?

Thanks in advance!

RE: I'm moving to Palm beach...advice please!

by paulinuk2u

if you want a nice dinner, well brunch go to the breakers hotel on sundays,fortlauderdale is nice to vist get a boat trip around the inner water ways .i,LL TRY TO FIND SOME OTHER STUFF FOR whoops finger slipped you,and if you would like a cruise they go from lauderdale look vacationstogo.com there much cheaper in the states than uk.paul you lucky devil i love west palm beach do go to worth avenue

RE: I'm moving to Palm beach...advice please!

by donato1899

Some say we don't have much culture, we sure don't know the words to as many songs as the Irish do.
The weather is fabulous, from October till May. The other months are a little hot and humid.
The further west you go the cheaper accomodations are, away from the ocean. The newest most affordable communuties are west of the turnpike.
Hurricane season runs from July 1 to November 1, most storms are in Aug, Sept or October. Plam Beach County got hit twice last year, a very busy hurricane season.
America is a country full of churches( Pentacostal and others), you will have plenty to choose from and hopefully one you will be like.

RE: RE: I'm moving to Palm beach...advice please!

by paulinuk2u

you got me all envious i fancy a week now at the breakers pity i havent got a friend to split the price of the room with

Travel Tips for West Palm Beach

Sunscreen is a must!

by sunlovey

Because it's usually hot here, you can probably get away with fewer and smaller bags/luggage. Reason being, you'll need to pack a couple swimsuits, shorts, lightweight pants & skirts, T-shirts,a lightweight jacket MAYBE. For day, flip flops. For evening, if you're into clubs and whatnot, a couple of sexy tops, nicer jeans, cute skirts, for men nice pants and collared shirts- bring a pair of nicer shoes too. Sunscreen, possibly insect repellent as we do have mosquitos sometimes, if you get sea sick how about some motion sickness pills too because water sports and boating abound here. your beach towel... you can rent floats, chairs and umbrellas at some beaches. a great book/magazines to read when you're lounging on the beach

Family owned Mexican restaurant w/ good margaritas

by sunlovey about Tequilla Cancun

This off the beaten path Mexican restaurant is a bit on the cheesy side decor wise, with a typical Mexican theme and mint green booths... but the owners and staff are so friendly, the margaritas are so delicious, the food is good- particularly their queso and guacamole! We just always come back! And we always recommend it to others...

They make their margaritas with a wide variety of tequillas, many flavors, on the rocks or frozen. But I recommend going with a pitcher of the classic margarita on the rocks.

They have a funny cute little bar in the back with a few tables too. I always order a bean burrito with a side of guacamole and sour cream.

Husband eats the steaming fajitas and loves them....

The price per person includes a margarita or two!

south florida science museum

by doug48

the south florida science museum is located in dreher park off of parker road south of downtown. this interesting museum has a planetarium, aquarium. and an egyption room. the florida science museum is great place to take children when in the west palm beach area.see the attached web site for admission and times.

Sunshine on My Shoulder

by flyrobinfl

"The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"

West Palm Beach rocks February - April. The only problem is, everyone knows this and the crowds are here to prove it. The tourists tend to go back home after Easter and the heat/humidty/rain comes in the summer months.

My trip to West Palm

by islandpassage

I arrived just before Halloween and stayed through the 6th of November. I picked West Palm to live part time. The people here are really nice and the night life is fun. It is also close to the Bahamas which I like to visit occassionally. There are alot of great restaurants and shopping as
well.