2461 Metrocentre Blvd, West Palm Beach, Florida, 33407, United States
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about West Palm Beach

forte restaurantforte restaurant

south florida science museumsouth florida science museum

Bob's sandwichBob's sandwich

Cube of ArtCube of Art

Looking for Pitbull friendly living

by chris14201

Hello, I am moving from NY to West Palm Beach, FL with my girlfriend in 2 weeks for a new job. My girlfriend just returned home from Florida where she found an apartment in Wellington and has told me there was no place she could find that would allow my dog. She said the realtors laughed at her when she told them that I owned a pitbull mix. I have a wonderful pitbull/lab mix that wouldn't hurt a fly. The townhouse she found (and subsequently put a deposit on) has strict breed restrictions and refuse to consider letting my dog live there.

I am wondering if there is some kind of place where I can keep my dog and visit him on a daily basis until I am able to buy a home (around 1yr). I am willing to pay for a service such as this, but am unable to find anything of the kind.

Any suggestions on what I can do to keep my dog would be welcome. I do not want to have to give him to someone I do not know or do not trust. I have no candidates outside of this realm at this point :(

chris@simplelinker.com

RE: Looking for Pitbull friendly living

by springbreak105

Hey,

You can put your dog into a doggy kennel/hotel until you find a place that allows dogs. Just do a search in google, you'll find some, if not you can give me a reply and i'll find one. I know the feeling of not wanting to ever give up your dog, 1 advice if the realtor doesn't believe you will find a place that will allow your dog you should try a different realtor because she/he is basicaly set on their mind.

There's definetly townhouses/apartments that will allow your dog keep searching!

Good luck

RE: RE: Looking for Pitbull friendly living

by pulgaron

Your Realtor is "NOT" set in his mind, he's just trying not to break the law. I truly hope you find a place for your safe dog and all, but keep in mind that pitbulls are illegal in many cities. They have been illegal since November 1989 in Miami-Dade County. Don't get me wrong, I love pets, and specially dogs. But the breed is proven to be a risky breed, and people that do not understand dogs can't help but to be affraid of them. Just last week here in Miami, a pitbull ripped off the ear of a 7 year old boy. The pitbull belonged to a cousin, who swore the dog would not hurt a fly. The fine here in Miami-Dade county for having an illegal breed is $500 and the dog is put down. Just think how the parents of that little boy feel about pitbulls. Just think the reconstructive surgery bills the cousin is facing now.
When I tried to renew my home insurance one of the questions asked was do you own a dog, and size and breed was it? If it was a pitbull, they would not insure me. If after insured, a pitbull I owned hurt someone, they would not cover the claim.

Good luck.

RE: Looking for Pitbull friendly living

by Robin922

Check your email for a message

RE: RE: Looking for Pitbull friendly living

by sunlovey

the fact that it's a mix should make finding a place not as difficult. we had friends that lived in Village Blvd. in two different communities with their full-breed pit bull.

Travel Tips for West Palm Beach

Packing List

by odipelv

Beach Bag, Light weight luggage Shorts, Bathing suit (or three), Flip Flops, night life cloths Hang over medicine, sunblock outdoor film flipflops, sun bathing raft, a coolie for your drink Once you get here you can pick up snokeling gear anywhere. So dont worry if you dont have any!

le Mont
515N.Flagler...

by cobrioc

le Mont
515N.Flagler Ave.
20th.floor
West Palm Beach
View from twenty stories up, over downtown West Palm Beach and far past the Atlantic shores of Palm Beach
spectacular both day and night.

palm beach zoo

by doug48

the palm beach zoo is located in dreher park south of downtown west palm beach. this 23 acre zoo has over 1,400 animals on display in a tropical setting. a great place to take children when in the west palm beach area.

McCarthys Wildlife Sanctuary

by macbaloni

"Private Oasis at McCarthys Wildlife Sanctuary"

I like to visit this neat place located in the acerage of West Palm Beach just down Northlake Blvd its hidden in a Florida Forest like community. This place is so neat and much different then a zoo because you are all alone with the animals there is no one else walking around making noise and all the animals are very close. My kids love this place and so do I the animals are all well taken care of and the place is so clean they really do a good job keeping up the place. The only problem is that its hard to get an appointment if you don't call early enough because they are private tours. You can call them at 561-791-2116 for an appointment or visit there website www.mccarthyswildlife.com

"Cheesecake Factory Downtown West Palm Beach"

Caught a movie downtown west palm and ate at Cheesecake factory the staff was very nice and the service was fast. The food was out of this world I had the crusted chicken romano and it is as good as it sounds and a blue long island cant remember what everyone else had but hey mine was delicious.

"McCarthur Park"

Another cool place to relax and kick back with the kids located off A1A they have canoeing and the kids can play at the beach not much to get in and it was very clean and peaceful. They have a huge nature trail and a walk that goes across to the beach and a nature center.

terible22's new West Palm Beach Page

by terible22

I am from N.J. then moved to Jacksonville F.L. now Lakeworth F.L. and I will let you know what is going on in your area! Want a oil change, DONT go to FIERSTONE,They wont CHANGE IT!!!!! I know because it happen to ME,and it can happen to you!

Sam,Lisa, And Me, Thanksgiving, 2008