2000 N Commerce Pkwy, Weston, FL 33326

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Weston

CheesyCheesy

Swig's FacadeSwig's Facade

Hurricane Frances - 5 day forecast 09-01-04Hurricane Frances - 5 day forecast 09-01-04

StatuesStatues

Travel Tips for Weston

If you like to play golf ,...

by AnjoLuci

If you like to play golf , Weston Hills Country Club is one of the best golf courses. I guarantee you will love it. We have the restaraunts where you be able to eat delicious meal.
Weston Hills is a residential complex with a golf course. Weston Hills is my home. Where I renew my energy, strenght each day. I love to ride my bicycle or just go for a walk.

The best of two World - Golf Course and Home

by AnjoLuci

Here we have beautiful sunsets, and we are literally surrounded by lakes, ducks and alligators.
Weston is or used to be an extension of the Alligator Alley, which means that Weston used to be a swamp. Then the white man came, tried to take all the alligators away, so this way we could have beautiful houses. Biking before the sunset.

Teenagers in Weston

by AnjoLuci

Weston is a family place. Probably one of the safest and noble place to live. Crime rates, and violence haven't been part of our lives. Most of the time you will see teenagers, young kids, seniors. But rarely you will find a single people over 20 years old living here.
So, once in while those teenagers like to have fun.
One of these nights, I was taking some pictures and those teenagers asked me to take pictures of them.
The teen with the mask on swore that he was Michael Jackson.
Hope one day , he will be able to see his picture here.

They Paved Paradise, Put Up A Parking Lot

by goingsolo

"Don't it always seem to go"

I must admit that I live in Weston. I list my address as Fort Lauderdale because few people have heard of this area, but, truth be told, my new home is in the suburbs of West Broward. Not that there's anything wrong with living in the suburbs. Its quite nice, actually. But, like the page title suggests, Weston came into being by paving over what may not have been considered paradise but what was once a protected area. The Everglades are not one of the most scenic areas in the United States. But they are protected because of the unique ecosystems that live there and no where else. So when a group of developers got the idea to begin destruction of an International Biosphere Reserve in order to create a series of communities with identical looking homes and artificially constructed prettiness, controversy ensued. Fortunately, they were stopped before the suburban sprawl took out already endangered species. Compromises were reached, Weston grew and then was halted. And, somewhat hypocritically, I now live here.

Weston is suburbia and not a tourist destination. I don't plan to build a huge page about a community whose purpose is living and not visiting, nor will I continue my rant about the 'glades (I'll try not to anyway.) I really can't hype this place because I've reached a compromise of my own in my opinion of it.

But, should you find yourself in this area, there are some things to do which may be of interest. I can assure you that you won't run out of choices for meals here either, as we have quite a large collection. There are several parks of passing interest as well, the famous Sawgrass Mills Mall is not too far away and the larger cities of Fort Lauderdale and Miami are not a bad distance from Weston either.

Its a nice, quiet place to live if you can get past the artificiality of it. I'm quite amazed that people describe a setting such as this as beautiful though, and can't help but wonder whether anyone who finds scenic beauty here has ever seen the sun rise over the Grand Canyon walls, the waves crash against the Pacitic Coast shoreline or the Rocky Mountains, even from an airplane.

Comments