16461 Racquet Club Road, Weston, Florida, 33326, United States

Orbitz.com Travelocity Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

• Just Plain Awful

Check in is at least 1-2 hours. Our room was very small. Not at all like pictures. We had the 1 bedroom and it had old everything. No dishwasher, no ceiling fans, no stove. The TV was box style and the pull out bed had springs busting through. When I called to see about another matress the manager was extremely rude. I even asked if I could upgrade to the 2 bedroom which she said, "this is a resort, not a hotel. We have nothing available." If you go to pool at 9am there are no chairs available. There is absolutely nothing for kids or anyone under 50 to do. Picture water arobics with 500 70 yr. olds. That's the activities, oh and slow motion bingo. We were told they offer $20 brunch and shuttle you there where they LOCK you in a time share presentation. We didn't go but several people were very upset. There is no park as stated or anything for young families. The washer is in the hall and no where to get quarters. This is not a good place for families. We also stayed at Liki Tiki Village and that was amazing!!! Read other reviews, many have stated the same things. Don't waste your money at Weston.

More about Vacation Village at Weston

Nice Vacation!

by TripAdvisor Member tiredofwinter

We stayed at the Vacation Village for 4 nights at the end of March. The rooms were nice, we had an A,B unit so we had plenty of room. My kids enjoyed the activities around the pool. The activities staff were great! Very clean, staff responds quickly to any request.

Great vacation experience!

Because the rates are so reasonable, we went to Vacation Village with no expectations so we would not be disappointed. When we arrived, we were most impressed by the courtesy of the staff, spaciousness and cleanliness of the rooms, and the beautiful pool. They have a great complimentary shuttle service that will take you to many area restaurants, grocery stores, etc. The drivers were extremely polite and efficient. There is a driver named Russell who recited his opinion of the top 10 restaurants in the area, and I mentioned that I had wish I had time to write them down. When he picked us up after dinner, he had the list all written out. I highly recommend this facility for the budget-conscious vacationer, and I will return again.

Our Most Important Criteria was met!

by TripAdvisor Member NurseIris

We are at the age where our top priority in a hotel stay is cleanliness, and the Vacation Village at Weston passed our visual "white glove test" with flying colors.

We were only there at night to sleep, so I am unable to critique any of the available amenities. I can say that if we had wanted to dine in, we had a clean & well utensiled & applianced kitchen in which to cook.

The reason I gave the second highest rating, rather than the highest, is because of the very strict 10am checkout requirement. If you do not check out by 10am you will be charged $75! That may be no big deal to the "up-n-at-em" traveller, but for us slow morning movers it was tough to meet the deadline!

Great Vacation

We stayed at Mizner Place from 12/30 - 1/6. I went with my parents, husband and 4 1/2 year old daughter. We had two "A" rooms, although an "A/B" lockout would have worked fine also. The weather was great - sunshine every day. The pool is heated so we were always in it. There is a lovely Town Square across the street with some great restuarants and shops in it. There is also a Publix grocery store and Walgreens across the street which came in handy. While at Mizner you can also use the facilities at the other two sister resorts, but we never felt like we had to leave. The staff is friendly and they even had a barbeque poolside one day. The rooms are large, bright and clean. We would definately return!

Shuttle Bus

by TripAdvisor Member Emie

Our week was Jan8to 15/06 no car stayed in the crane building just across the road from the office and the pool We were going on a cruise the next week.Check in was quick even though there was 20 plus in line,room was B unit which was fine as there was only 2 of us clean well enough equiped We took ashuttle from the airport shared ride 18 each.The shuttle that operates within Weston proper is excellent took us for groceries, to eat out,and more important was to Walgreens for liquor.Just behind the resort was a gas station where I could buy cold beerThey also on Mon and Wed took the shuttle to the sawgrass mill mall(also free)The weather this week was perfect.I signed up for timeshare presentation as soon as I registered the phone then never rang all week.It was worth $55 dollars and the free breakfast was great all in all a great place to go if you just want to sit bypool Emie

Mizner Place

My husband I just returned from our stay at Mizner Place in the Addison Building in Weston FL. We were very pleased with the facility as well as the cleanliness. Our "B" room was like a small apartment and contained a small kitchen with full fridge, small dining and living area with sleeper sofa and bedroom with a queen bed. There is also a small balcony overlooking the pool. The facility has a swiming pool, and jacuzzi, exercise There are restaurants and shops within walking distance with a grocery store and drug store as well. The only two negatives are a water saving showerhead which "trickles"--guys should bring their crescent wrenches along to remedy this--and the noise from traffic in the morning--I am a light sleeper and it woke me up. Other than those two small items, our stay was very enjoyable. The facility is close to everything--Sawgrass Mills (8 miles), Ft Lauderdale (about a half hour)-don't miss the King Tut Exhibit, and South Beach--45 minues to an hour away.

Not what we had hoped for

by TripAdvisor Member Boysie

We arrived at 8pm after a journey of 20 hours from Scotland. Check-in was efficient, almost too much so,as we were sidelined to a receptionist who quickly relieved us of $20 which in our fatiqued state we thought was for a breakfast welcome. We later realised this was for a timeshare presentation and was non refundable. Our apartment was clean, spacious and the bed was comfortable, however it was directly opposite the reception, the lights of which shone into the bedroom all night as the plastic vertical
blinds had seen better days and there were no drapes. Unfortunately the very small store in the reception area did not stock essentials such as milk so we had no breakfast. We found out later that there is coffee available in reception in the morning, if we had been informed about this on checkin it would have been helpful. When day dawned it became obvious that the apartment balcony would get no sun at all so we tried to sunbathe at the pool. This was not possible as every chair and sunbed was "unavailable". This resort is extremely impersonal, it is okay if you are with a group but for couples desiring to have any social interaction it is not good as most guests tend to be in groups or family units.

Very Clean

We stayed in the Sandpiper II building. Our pool was basic, but heated. The room was much larger than I had hoped for. The staff was very friendly and they had an easy and fast checkout. We were very impressed by the cleanliness. Lots of shopping centers close by. We still had to drive to the beach, but the hotel was right off of the highway. Overall, a great place to stay.

Fine if your over 80

by TripAdvisor Member Newfies-abroad

We just left Key West and stayed at the Edan House for 2 days and boy were we in for a surprise. To be fair there is nothing wrong with the condo it was clean, very large, with covered parking, and had a seperate pool. All in all it was fine, nothing special nothing fancy. But the location be warned you are in the middle of nowhere! You have to drive everywhere and once 6pm comes it is a ghost town, which was spooky I mean not a soul around. It would be fine if you are a golfer or were content to sit around the pool all day but if you are active in your 40's like us are not a good choice (It should be said that we are by no means party people). I suppose the dafibulator in the condo's lobby should have been our first clue! We would not stay in the Weston area again unless burried there)

Hurricane FRances 09/01/2004

by AnjoLuci

HURRICANE FRANCES -09/01/2004

Hurricane Frances Intermediate Advisory Number 30a

Statement as of 8:00 am AST on September 01, 2004
...Dangerous Hurricane Frances heading toward the Bahamas...

A Hurricane Warning is in effect for the southeastern Bahamas... which includes Acklins...crooked...Inaguas...Mayaguana and Ragged Islands...and for the Turks and Caicos Islands.

A Hurricane Watch is in effect for the central Bahamas which includes Cat...Exumas...long islands...Rum Cay and San Salvador.

A Hurricane Warning means that hurricane conditions are expected within the warning area within the next 24 hours. Preparations to protect life and property should be rushed to completion. A Hurricane Watch means that hurricane conditions are possible within the watch area...generally within 36 hours.

A Tropical Storm Warning remains in effect the north coast of the Dominican Republic from Punta Gorda westward to Manzanillo Bay.

At 8 am AST...1200z...the eye of Hurricane Frances was located by a reconnaissance aircraft near latitude 21.4 north...longitude 69.1 west or about 130 miles... 210 km...east of Grand Turk island or 780 miles...1260 km...east-southeast of Palm Beach Florida.

Frances is moving toward the west-northwest near 16 mph...26 km/hr. This general motion is expected to continue with a gradual decrease in forward speed during the next 24 hours. On this track...the core of the hurricane will be passing near or over the the Turks and Caicos Islands...and the southeastern Bahamas during the next 24 hours.

Maximum sustained winds are near 140 mph...220 km/hr...with higher gusts....a category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson hurricane scale. While fluctuations in intensity are expected during the next 24 hours...Frances could still intensify a little more before reaching the Hurricane Warning area.

Hurricane force winds extend outward up to 80 miles...130 km... from the center...and tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 185 miles...295 km.

The latest minimum central pressure reported by an Air Force Reserve hurricane hunter aircraft was 937 mb...27.67 inches.

Rainfall amounts of 1 to 3 inches...locally higher...are possible over the Dominican Republic today.

Large and dangerous waves are possible along the north coast of Hispaniola...and swells generated by Frances will affect portions of the southeastern coast of the United States today.

Repeating the 8 am AST position...21.4 N... 69.1 W. Movement toward...west-northwest near 16 mph. Maximum sustained winds...140 mph. Minimum central pressure...937 mb.

************************************************************************************************************************
Weston is defined by a population that is rich in both cultural and ethnic diversity. Population: 61,000. A wonderful residential place.
It's a peaceful place with beautiful view, lakes and birds. I will try to show picture by picture the place that I learn to love and which I call my home.
Weston is located in the beautiful South Florida. And It's about 30 miles north of Downtown Miami in the exit 8 of the Interstate-75 or 15 miles west of Downtown Fort Lauderdale.

I live in the beautiful sunshine. Weston is charming, colorful, safe and friendly place. We pratically don't have winter. The sun shines most of the year. But we got hurricane season which goes from June to November. I've been living in South Florida for 5 years, and I've never seen a hurricane. So, while I am here no hurricane land in Weston. Welcome to my HOME!!

"Hurricane"

What are hurricanes?
Hurricanes are cyclones of tropical origin with wind speeds of at least 74 miles per hour. In other words, a hurricane is large, rotating storm winds that moves around a relatively calm center called the 'eye'. These storms are known as 'typhoons' in the western Pacific and 'cyclones' in the Indian Ocean. Each storm usually has a life span of several days.

The official hurricane season runs from June 1st until November 30th. with a maximum number of storms occurring in August and September. Hurricanes have been reported in January and December. A storm becomes a tropical storm and receives a name, when its winds reach 39 mph. It becomes a hurricane when winds hit 74 mph

Saffir-Simpson Scale For Hurricanes

Category..............................Wind Speed (MPH)

1...........................................74-95
2...........................................96-110
3...........................................111-130
4...........................................131-155
5...........................................156+

I have lived in Weston, Florida for 5 years . And we had many alerts, but I haven't been in a hurricane storm. Few areas have been affected for many others hurricanes. The must dustructive was Hurricane Andrew. Most of Floridians remember this one. There are no many ways to forget.

Hurricane force winds extend outward up to 45 miles... 75 km... from the center...and tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 175 miles...280 km.

2004 Hurricanes name

Otto...............................Paula
Richard........................Shary
Tomas.........................Virginie
Walter..........................

If you want to know more about weather and hurricanes go to National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - NOAA

*.*.*.*

"More About Weston"

City of Weston, Florida Web Site

Temperature:
Summer 82.7ºF
Winter 68.5º F
Most of the time humidity is very high

Post Offices

TEMPLES
-Temple B'Nai Aviv
-Temple Chabad Lubavitch
-Temple Dor Dorim

When you travel to really get to know the people and its customs the church is a good place to start. There you will see the real place and to pray is good too.
If you need any info about the temples and churches, just e-mail me.

Comments