273 East State Route 44, Wildwood, Florida, 34785, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

Travel Tips for Wildwood

Wildwood Florida

by Ehlonna

Wildwood is about forty-five minutes to an hour just Northwest of Orlando, Florida (I am a 2nd generation native of CA - we think in time, not miles. Sorry ). It has a population of about 3,000 - to 4,000 people, or is that alligators? Times that by 10 in bugs.
I hated this place. In the neighborhood where I lived, they had to pull 3 alligators out of one pond to get all the pieces of one woman who fell in. I used to watch one alligator 'sunning' himself in the pond across the street. They alligator hunters (only called on when there was a report of a dangerous alligator in the area, as they are protected. This makes me angry, although the Florida panther is protected, it is very close to being extinct - however, in the southwest anyone can kill a panther - no, breeding the two doesn't help, they are different sub-species) slap the water (usually with an oar) and bark like a dog. Alligators can run up to 35 miles an hour - faster than you. They have been known to follow people up into trees, and break down doors. Even with a gun, it difficult to kill an alligator, as you must hit the eye. The largest one I, myself have heard of was 18 feet long, and eating cows when the Hunters were called in by the farmers
I hated living in Wildwood, and Florida in general. The bugs, alligators, the humidity, the Mother-in-law....oops.
But really, since I have spent a good part of life in Tucson, where the humidity rarely gets above 10%, Floridas 90 - 100%, and the threat of Hurricanes ... yeah, we get nasty, high heat here (118 in 1989, the highest in 100 years - Phoenix is always hotter - they closed the airport that day, 'cause they weren't sure what 125 would do the airplanes tires) but it is a DRY HEAT (he-he so is an oven)!

Comments