2404 NE 8th Ave, Wilton Manors, Florida, 33305, United States

Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

• Rachel82's Profile Photo

Very satisfied honeymooners!! Will return!

My husband & I just returned from our honeymoon stay in villa 2406 (2 bedroom, full kitchen, dining & living room areas). We really couldn't be any happier with our stay. I found it while researching online and emailed the resort back in February before booking to ask if we could bring my small dog. I received a quick response with a friendly message from Ed giving his permission. Upon checking in, Ed greeted us with a glass of wine and chit chat. The office is decorated beautifully with fresh flowers everywhere. Ed was warm and genuine, offering up reccommendations for nearby restaurants. He introduced us to Lourdes, who showed us around the pool area & to our villa located about 5 steps from the pool- it is absolutely gorgeous! Especially at night, the pictures & reviews do not lie. The decor inside the villa was boutique-like, tastefully done and very nice. There were fresh flowers throughout, robes, chocolates, complimentary snacks & drinks, a nice display of chilled champagne with glasses and chocolate dipped strawberries. The kitchen is fully stocked with everything you'd need to cook in. The first night we used thier outdoor grill & had dinner on the back patio, which was beautiful. The heated pool is lit up very nicely at night, and paired with the waterfall & exotic foilage everywhere, it is simply stunning. Everything screams romance and relaxation! We spent time lounging in the hammock & hottub. We also pretty much had the pool to ourselves most of the time, which was great because I could have been perfectly content never leaving this property during our entire honeymoon. A nice touch is their outdoor shower made private by more trees & various foilage. Lourdes took great care of us, checking on us daily, bringing extra towels, etc. Although we refused daily housekeeping, it was offered to us. She even offered to walk our dog! There was someone on the property 24/7 if we needed anything. This place is so uniquely private & so close to everything at the same time. We reccommend visiting Le Patio restaurant if you're looking for a romantic dinner out, a 5 minute walk from the resort (amongst various other close by restaurants). There are plenty of things to do in town & the resort is a 10 minute drive from the beach as well. All in all, we loved this place & will be back. The value, hospitality and personalized touches you get for the price can't be matched. While coming home yesterday (we live on the other coast), we had driven about an hour when I realized I left some clothes in our unit by mistake. We called Ed & he kindly offered to mail them to us. If you are considering this place for a private getaway with your significant other, DO IT! You won't be disappointed. I highly reccommend 2406 for it's amenities and location by the pool. You could comfortably have 2 couples stay in this unit without it being too cramped, which is exactly what we hope to do in the future. Thanks again Ed & Lourdes! You guys are wonderful hosts!

Unique Quality: Private right in the middle of the city, like your own sanctuary that's still close to great dining. Service is exceptional & tailored to the individual. Very small and intimate place, not to mention gorgeous!

More about Ed Lugo Resort

An Oasis in Ft Lauderdale

by TripAdvisor Member cibola

Ed Lugo's place is literally an oasis in the Ft. Lauderdale area. If you are looking for a quiet, affordable place centrally located and family friendly, this is the place for you. The two guest houses are set in the center of the small town of Wilton Manors with several restaurants/bars in walking distance and the beach only about 2 miles east. The property is very relaxing highlighted by waterfall, but also with a decent size pool for the kids, private hot tub, and outdoor shower which was popular with the females in the group for some reason. Ed Lugo, the owner, was very attentive and accommodating to our large party of 4 adults and two kids, supplying us, for example, with extra towels and a blender immediately. We recommend Pompano beach for a quiet time and Hollywood Beach if you are looking action although there are quiet areas there as well. Inland, Butterfly World was enjoyable for the females and kids. However, because the property was so comfortable, we probably spent more time there than we had planned. We will stay at the Ed Lugo oasis if the fates bless us with a winter vacation next year, please, please, please.

Paradise!

by TripAdvisor Member caseylight

This was the third stop on our trip and without a doubt the best! Ed is a gracious host, thinks of everything -- even has beer and soda stocked in your fridge and fruit for your arrival! The home has been meticulously cared for and the backyard is a true paradise with beautiful landscaping, a waterfall, a comfy hammock and relaxing music always playing on the outdoor speakers. You share the backyard with another house, but when we were there it was vacant so we had the place to ourselves! We travelled with our two teenage kids and the home had plenty of room for all of us! I would definitely stay here again. The arrangement with the two homes sharing the backyard would make a perfect spot for a small family reunion - something I plan to consider in the future! Thanks, Ed for a wonderful stay!

Family vacation in Ed's resort ***************

by TripAdvisor Member Kvelka

Dear Ed, thank you for a great vacation! We had a wonderful time :) You are a number one! Rooms were great, pool was warm, clean and I cant even express with words how georgeous your garden was!!! I wish all people were as devoted to their job as you are. We couldnt ask for more, fresh fruits in the bowl, drinks in the fridge and cute orchideas in the rooms..
To all people who read this rewiev..Dont hesitate and book your next vacation here, you will be more than satisfied..
Kiki

Perfect Place to stay in South Florida

by TripAdvisor Member Lucas024

My wife and I, and two friends, stayed at Ed's beautiful vacation home which is across the street from his resort. Either place you stay, you will be impressed!

Ed was gracious, prompt with any reasonable requests, and had prepared the place meticulously. The house came with everthing we needed to enjoy ourselves (coffee maker, toaster, dishwasher, private laundry, awesome TV and surround sound, lots of luxurious linens, EVERYTHING.) All we bought was some food. Everything Ed advertises was right on! So, while I don't know the particulars of the resort directly across the street, I am sure it will be everything Ed says it is.

Our entire party would recommend Ed's properties! Besides the luxurious amenities, the location is right in the heart of everything you want to do in South Florida. We went to Miami, Miami Beach, the Keys, the Everglades, everything and our travel was reasonable everytime.

I have to add, we did all of our planning with Ed through e-mail and a couple of phone calls. He was always prompt, pleasant, and accomodating.

I am sure we will be staying at one of Ed's properties in the future. Great price, great location, great luxury, it can't be beaten! Thanks Ed!

Luxury Resort with Luxury Service

by TripAdvisor Member indyeric

I just returned from a one week stay at this property. The house is beautiful, especially outside. The grounds are impeccably manicured, and the house is well decorated. Between the beautiful surroundings and the five star service we received, I felt like a rock star on vacation.

You can tell Ed loves running the resort in the service he delivers. He noticed that we had been moving the lounge chairs to sun in the morning so he began doing that for us every morning before we woke. He noticed the type of music we were listening to and changed the music played outside immediately. In the morning and afternoons he brought out an iced bucket poolside full of soft drinks and bottles of water. He also brought us fresh fruit and nuts and had snacks and drinks waiting for us upon arrival.

I am surprised by the negative review posted. Ed is the type of the person that would do anything reasonable to make a guest comfortable. I've stayed at several resorts and hotels in the Ft. Lauderdale area, and this is only place I'll stay from now.

I felt like I was rich for a weekend

by TripAdvisor Member luv2divecaymanbrac

Ed Lugo resort was FABULOUS. We had two couples in our group and two children and there was always plenty of room. The house is clean and beautiful but the back yard is spectacular. The reviews are all correct. Ed was always positive and accomodating. Ed has robes in the bedrooms for all adults. He has free snacks and drinks in the kitchen and cold iced beer and drinks stocked in the cooler by the pool. We never went to a restaurant. We cooked on the grill and ate outside for all of our meals. It is just so PEACEFUL. I personally loved the piped in music. It made me feel like I was spending the weekend at a spa. The beds are very comfy. Ed was wonderful. He is only a phone call away and will take care of any request.. He was around if you needed him and not around when you wanted privacy. It seems too good to be true for the price. I felt like I was rich for a weekend. THANK YOU ED for making our weekend one that we will never forget.

WOW...Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member marble36

My partner and I were looking for a special place for just the two of us. The villa was beautiful and had everything we could want. The grounds were fabulous and the website is certainly reflective of its beauty. Ed was gracious and attentive to our needs, beyond our expectations. We plan to go back again and again. Thank you Ed for a dream vacation!

Great Tropical Getaway

by TripAdvisor Member 1steele

This place is perfect! It's just as gorgeous as the site portrays it to be. Ed was very attentive but we also had the privacy we wanted. Ed's attention to detail makes you feel very special and taken care of. He knew that my husband and I just had a baby and so the books on the coffee table were all funny new mommy/baby type books. My husband loved that there was beer in the frig. We hardly ever left the pool area. Ed's collection of orchids is amazing. Thanks Ed for a wonderful and much needed vacation!

Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member IGI12

To everyone who reads this...I promise you won't be disappointed! Not only is the place beautiful but also the attention to detail and care that Ed puts into the place and your visit is simply amazing. Thanks again Ed we will see you again soon….

magnificent!!!

by TripAdvisor Member jcf17

The resort was beautiful - exactly as pictured. And Ed was the most gracious host!!! The refrigerators and pool cooler were stocked with water, soda and beer and the rooms were stocked with snacks - free of charge!!! I asked Ed for some specfic arrangements which he arranged , also free of charge. He was always available when we needed him. I would recommend the resort to anyone. You get so much more than you pay for!

Comments