7839 Gall Boulevard , US 301 NORTH , Zephyrhills, Florida, 33541, United States
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Zephyrhills
Travelocity Orbitz.com Expedia.com

More about Zephyrhills

parent's roost is well east of the cityparent's roost is well east of the city

Zephyrhills dioramaZephyrhills diorama

train car on unused tracktrain car on unused track

HO-gauge set of the old rail systemHO-gauge set of the old rail system

Travel Tips for Zephyrhills

Tandem jumping has been around...

by Valentina777

"Tandem jumping has been around for 18-20 years now. It is about the EASIEST way to get into skydiving. After about 30 minutes of training, you will climb into our turbine aircraft for about a 20 minute ride to altitude.
From 13500' (4150m), wearing a harness that is connected to the Tandem Master, you will jump and accelerate to 120MPH (200Kph) and freefall for about 60 seconds. At about 5000', we will open the parachute, get you settled in the harness, and then you can assist us in steering the parachute during the 5-7 minute ride down. During that time you will get to practice the landing, have yourself a great roller coaster ride (if you like that), and then land on the dropzone with your video person waiting to film it all. "
[from SkydiveCity.com]
Skydive City Inc. 4241 Skydive Lane, Zephyrhills, Florida 33542.
Telephone: 1-800-404-9399 Fax: 1-813-782-0599

Palm Harbor Homes

by davecallahan

At the Palm Harbor Homes factory for building mobile homes we got the factory tour.
They sit you down as a group with a company representative and you fill out a form that basically wants to find out if you are interested in buying a home. (If you answer "yes, I am interested" then you will be spotlighted by the representative during the tour). Then you get to view a 15 minute video on the mobile home process and how good these homes are (they do have free popcorn.... really). Then you walk through the manufacturing plant and see all the steps used to put together the parts that become prefab walls and fixtures. They have about 20 people working on different phases and items of each prefab section.
Then the tour goes to an overhead balcony where you see the prefab sections being joined into the final product. The tour is about an hour and (I thought) very interesting.

location is: 605 South Frontage Road, Plant City, FL (Plant City is an industrial suburb 10 miles south of Zephyrhills at junction of route 39 and I-4)

retirement city.... Zephyrhills

by davecallahan

This is where my snowbird parents fly to each year.

We have driven down to visit them but only in the narrow window of spring when Rochester,NY isn't buried in snow and Florida isn't too humid. (Late March, Early April). The gated community we visit seems like a chunk of neighborhood from many other states rather than real-estate in Florida. These modular home communities are fairly self-contained and people in them venture out only to dine, to shop for groceries or to find yard-sale bargains.

The town claims 10000 residents but I am not sure whether that includes all the snow birds. I know they have at least 5000 garage/yard sales (or close to it.) and at least that many "antique" stores.

The town has some claim-to-fame for its bottled water but I never did understand why anyone would pay for something that rains down on you for free. But the entrepreneurs in the area will now offer you "flavor-of-the-month" water. P.T.Barnum.... sit up and notice!

the zephyrhills tourism homepage is:

the official website is: http://www.ci.zephyrhills.fl.us/

wikipedia info:
11000 people living in this area of Pasco County. There are 5000 households and 3000 families. the average household income is about $30000

ZIPCODES 33539 through 33544 are Zephyrhills in Pasco County
028-14-10N 082-10-50W
28.235, -82.180
Area Code 813

"interesting facts"

The major symbol for Zephyrhills is their water, yet they only hint at it in there city seal and don't even show it in their government emblems.

What is there to do in Z-Hills?

by klasher

"Jumpin'"

I spent 9 days in Z-Hills with friends skydiving in the freezing cold! It was colder in Z-hills than it was in Fargo! We bundled up and jumped nonetheless. Of course, the day we left it was a beautiful 73 degrees. I made about 30 jumps.

Skydive City

by Valentina777

"I did it!!! It was super!!!"

The first 5 sec. were terrifying, than I said to myself, I have nothing to lose since I already jumped :) What the heck! And I LOVED it! I felt free, really FREE. It is amazing how your mind can be far out from all of it, only you and the sky. I think it feels like heaven. My first words after landing were "I need to learn how to walk". I would do it again in a heartbeat!

In My opinion. " The best way to free yourself is to scare yourself as much as you could until you no longer feared anything." That's way I did all those crazy things.

Comments