Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast

504 Rees Park, Americus, Georgia, 31709, United States

More about Americus Garden Inn Bed & Breakfast

Welcome Home!

A family reunion brought me to this part of Georgia, but you can bet I will find other reasons to return. "Relax", is what this inn says, which I did, as a working mother of two very active girls. They remained at home with Dad so I was solo for three lovely nights...without anyone to drive, feed, clothe or assist with homework. Now, I brought work with me, and I actually spent one evening catching up on some neglected reports, but I still felt that it was a vacation from responsibility. The food was healthy, scrumptous, and plentiful. The room was inviting, comfortable and spacious. I felt at home as soon as I arrived. The tall ceilings and the large spaces made for a wonderully free feeling. Everything inside the house gleamed and I never felt for want of anything. Kim was patient enough to help me establish the proper conncections on my laptop so that I could use the wireless internet connection. Bless him...he also answered countless questions about restaurants, routes, and places to sightsee. I felt even more pampered when Susan insisted that I choose from among many options for breakfast. When I returned home, my husband and the kids were happy to see me and I felt refreshed...a perfect way to start a new week.

Excellent B&B!

This was our first stay at a B&B (back in August 2004), and i fear all others may pale by comparison! The hosts are fantastic. Everything you need is right there. The rooms and the whole facility are clean and well maintained. Food is excellent. You will feel right at home. I already have a reservation for next year!

This Bed and Breakfast sets the standard.

The original owners of this historic house would be proud to see it now, to wander through its beautifully appointed rooms and to meet its present owners, Kim and Susan Egelseer who would, no doubt, make them feel as welcome as they did my husband and me. We loved it! Our room was large and comfortable with plenty of room for "stuff". Great bed, great bathroom, just beautiful!

I keep thinking of the two gourmet breakfasts prepared and served by Susan and Kim. I think of their charm, warmth and helpfulness in planning our days. This Bed and Breakfast sets the standard--we felt lucky to experience it!

Wonderful comfy place to rest your head

We had a wonderful 2 nights at the Inn. Food was scrumptious and we especially enjoyed the Chocolate Sambuca Cookies. Kim and Susan were wonderful hosts and we enjoyed their conversation and the atmosphere.
Anyone considering gong to a bed and breakfast should put this one on the top of the list.

A Wonderful Experience

My husband and I spent our 28 year aniversary weekend at the Americus Garden Inn. My husband was a little unsure when I told him it was a bed and breakfast inn. As soon as we got there... we both fell in love with the victorian house. Our room was very large and we felt like we were at home. Kim and Susan were outstanding hosts and the food was great. After our first breakfast, my husband was already wondering what he was going to eat the next morning the food was so good. Our room was very quite and you could not tell there were other guests around until you would see them in the halls or at breakfast. There is plenty to do around the surrounding towns and in Americus or you can just enjoy the warm and friendly atmosphere of the house and gardens. This is a must to do and when you are there say to Susan and Kim for us or maybe you will even met us there, because we will be going back.... Enjoy.

Relaxing Weekend

We spent two nights at the Americus Garden Inn and hope to return for another visit. The owners were friendly and had suggestions on area attractions. We enjoyed our tour of the B & B when we arrived. Breakfasts were delicious and our room was very comfortable.

A Fantastic Experience

We had planned a weekend to visit historic sites and hear Jimmy Carter teach Sunday School. To our surprise, the weekend turned out to be one of the most delightful experiences we have had all because of our accomodations at the Americus Garden Inn. The snooze in the sun on our balcony, the never ending delicous coffee, the beautifully furnished rooms, the cucumber soak in the garden tub, the delicious breakfast, the always available homemade snacks, the books/tapes and the gracious hospitality of Kim and Susan ranks Americus Garden Inn at the top of our B&B experiences. We keenly anticipate our next visit just to enjoy the Inn.

Calm before the Storm

Wow! What a great evening! My husband and I were in search of a quick get-a-way, before he deployed to Iraq. I found the Americus Garden Inn. Our stay was truly delightful! Kim and Susan were wonderful hosts! The breakfast was dilicious, and we loved the convenience of choosing our time to enjoy it. I feel certain that we will visit again! And hopefully stay a little longer next time!

Perfect Ending

by TripAdvisor Member MrsJ-02

Our stay at Americus Garden Inn was the perfect ending to our long weekend road trip escape from the children. The room was beautiful and clean. The entire house was breath taking. We wanted for nothing. Susan and Kim were so friendly and warm. Breakfast was so delicious. The snacks available were a nice perk. The tag line "where history meets romance" is a perfect description. Susan and Kim have spoiled us for all B&Bs to come. We will definitely be returning.

A Wonderful Getaway

The Inn is beautiful and it's absolutely relaxing. The owners are so gracious. We love to spend time with them. We have stayed several times and plan on visiting again soon.

Jimmy Carter PeanutJimmy Carter Peanut