Best Western Colonial Inn

170 North Milledge Ave., Athens, Georgia, 30601, United States

BEST WESTERN Athens
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

• musac4life's Profile Photo

Great Hotel for the money!

I stayed at The Best Western Colonial Inn March 2, 2006 and I was very impressed given the price: $65 (with all taxes and fees-less AAA discount). First off, I called a day early to confirm my res. and see about checking in early on the day of my arrival. Ben I think his name was, told me that they were booked up that night, so it would be best if I called the next morning. The following day, when I landed in Atlanta, I made a call and they said they would do there best to have a room ready for me at noon when I got to Athens. This made a big difference because I had to get up so early that morning for my flight.

Once checked in, I found out they had a fridge and a microwave, and the wireless worked as promised. The housecleaners were very friendly, and even asked to see if I needed anything. The lady that preparred my room for me was so nice, I decided to tip her real good. She may have been trying to work for a good tip, but these people make so little, I am happy to share the wealth a little. After all the same hotel about a half mile away was closer to $100 for the same accomodations.

A couple of things to note about this place. First off, their is a Varsity fast food place pretty much accross the street, so if you like really greasy burgers and what not., then that could be a bonus. The other thing worth mentioning is that this is about a 10-15 minute walk to downtown. Not a bad walk, but there is a bit of a hill so if you are either very old, or physically challenged and want to be within a quick walk of downtown, maybe you want to consider the holiday inn.

When I come back I would probably stay at the Best Western for the great value. Besides the walk gives you a little time to stretch your legs before you end up hitting one of the many area watering holes.

Unique Quality: Wireless is becoming standard in hotel rooms, however for a great price, to also have a pool, micro, fridge and wireless, I think that is just great!!!

Directions: Easy to get to from several directions.

Comments