1302 West Peachtree, Atlanta, Georgia, 30309, United States

Booking.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• lisa_lise's Profile Photo

Fantastic Hotel

I stayed here twice in June 2003. I paid about $70/night through an exclusive Expedia deal. This hotel is an amazing value. I recommend it to everyone. Both times I stayed here my rooms were spotless and very nicely decorated. The first room I had was the smaller of the two, and had bookshelves with an assortment of books on them. The bathroom was nicely furnished and had a window in the shower. It also had a kitchenette. The second time I stayed here I had a huge room, complete with sitting area, dining area, kitchen, king-size bed, and sizeable bathroom. I got that room for $70 as well (reserving it the day before my stay). My wake-up calls were prompt and they let me do a late checkout. The free breakfast buffet was a generous spread of eggs, sausage, fruit, muffins, bagels, and make-your-own waffles.

Unique Quality: Everything is great--the price, the service, the room amenities, and the location. It's right across the street from a rail station that takes you everywhere you need to go. A walk around the corner takes you to the High Museum of Art, which I spent an entire afternoon in.

Directions: Downtown

More about Artmore Hotel

It's a "3 star"

by TripAdvisor Member UTSC0

Stayed at the Artmore this past weekend. Had a 2 bedroom suite. There were good things and things I did not like. Overall, it was a 3. Here are the things that were good. It was clean, Lot's of room in 2 story 2 bedroom suite. Close to Piedmont Park, 2 bathrooms. Breakfast was good. A/C noise in room provided white noise and blocked out others. Here are the things I did not like: Plumbing in the showers and sinks looks/worked like it was still from 1924. One bath had hot/cold water when you took a bath, but when you pulled knob up for shower, you only had cold water. No safe in room. Tried phone to leave wake up call, did not work, called front desk to request wake up call and it never came. Our room was one of those that hadn't been updated. Furniture was old and beat up and walls had loose wallpaper and walls were marked up from luggage marks all up the steps. They can do better. I would recommend only because we were in and out and just in room for total of about 8 hrs during our stay.

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member bradycakes

Stayed here for one nite...we were seeing a concert at the Centerstage and wanted our hotel to be within walking distance. This was a really great hotel....built in 1929 and recently renovated. It still has the old charm like arched walls in the entry to the hotel. It has a great modern, clean feel with nice touches like black and white photos of vintage Hollywood movie stars and musicians thru out the lobby and hallways. The bar/lounge area was very nice with a friendly bartender. We had a lovely Chardonnay there, and took it out into the garden area. The staff was friendly and professional. The car valet was very fast and effiecient. The hotel is perfectly located: it is about 15 min from airport; 15 min. to Little 5 Points, 10 min. to Buckhead. All the best restaurants are very close by, as are the art museums and Piedmont Park. This will be my hotel from now on when I come to Atlanta!

Couldn't have been better!

by TripAdvisor Member guestaugust2009

It is not often that you truly get what you see when looking at hotels on the internet...but this site www.artmorehotel.com shows you exactly what it is like. The accomadations were classy and trendy/modern. The beds and linens and things awesome. My daughter, 11, and I stayed there and were more than pleased. The staff make you feel like royality. Only downer is they allow pets...and some dogs were cute, but loud barking. Valet is nice; but sometimes a bit congested and slow. Hot complementary breakfast in the morning; but very congested and food was sparce. 4 stars/5

Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member armata

This hotel was pretty good - great decor., great & helpful staff, good breakfast, comfy rooms, fun little bar. I would definitely stay here again.
Downside is that they could pay a bit more attention to the details in the room (some sloppy work in the corners, some substandard paint-overs, not filling holes around piping under sinks, etc.) which could cause problems in later years like increased maintenance costs, pests moving from room to room, but this is just nitpicking for now. The other complaint is that I had room 117 which is a corner room overlooking the street and an abandoned building next door - noisy at night and in the early morning.

An enjoyable stay

by TripAdvisor Member mday1214

My son began his freshman year of college in Atlanta. The school had parent's orientation from Aug. 18 - 20. I opted to stay the entire week to ensure he settled in so I checked in on Aug. 17th and checked out on Aug 22nd. The Artmore is a nice hotel. I must be a bit spoiled…I expected a bell hop to bring our belongings to the room (my son stayed at the hotel for one night) however that was not the case at the Artmore. We had to carry our own suitcases to the room. I was told that is standard practice.

Check-in was a breeze. The young man and woman at the desk were both cordial and helpful. In my opinion the staff at the front desk during the later morning and evening hours was quite helpful. Their customer service skills were top-notch. However the young ladies who oversaw the front desk either overnight or the early morning shifts (12am - 8am) were lacking in those skills. They were never outright rude however I felt they gave the impression they were doing you (the guest) a favor. They were brusque with their responses and seemed a bit exasperated when answering questions. Check-out was also quite easy. There was a discrepancy with the parking however that was immediately corrected by the young lady at the front desk on Saturday morning.

The room was nicely set-up. I was able to get a great rate on Travelocity for a one bedroom suite. I had a renovated room on the second floor (room 216 I believe) which consisted of a kitchen and a pull-out couch. The pictures on the hotels’ website are an accurate portrayal of what the rooms (at least the renovated rooms) resemble...clean and modern...a comfortable studio apartment. Perfect for a couple or an individual with an overnight guest; if my son had stayed any longer then one night it would have felt a bit crowded to me. The bathroom was a good size for the room; it was not anything spectacular…it was a bathroom. Water pressure was fine nor did I experience any difficulties with the hot or cold water in the tub, shower, or sink. I had a view (if you can call it that) of the highway however I did not hear any noise from the vehicles in my room. My room was very quiet; I was able to sleep like a log throughout the evenings upon my return to the hotel.

The hotel does not have room service however if you ask for menus at the front desk they are more then accommodating. They gave me menus from quite a few restaurants in the area that delivered food. The leftovers were stored in the refrigerator. In addition the bar does serve a few appetizers which were also an option.

The courtyard was very nice however Atlanta was quite hot and under those circumstances I opted for central air as opposed to the heat outdoors. In addition it rained a few days I was there. I did notice on a couple of occasions someone would sit in the courtyard to have a smoke.

Breakfast was decent/good. During my stay they served bacon, sausage, grits, processed eggs, biscuits, gravy, cereal, and fruit. They also had cranberry, apple, and orange juice in addition to coffee, tea, and water. It is complimentary. Breakfast can be found on the club level (Press "C" in the elevator) at the hotel. It is located on the lower level of the hotel; below the lobby level. When I checked in they did not mention where breakfast was served and I wasn't the only one. On a daily basis guests would ask where breakfast was served.

I had a rental vehicle for a couple of days of my stay. Parking was never issue. In my opinion valet parking worked fine. I never felt I had an extended wait. The person at the front desk will ask for the make, color, and model of the car. There afterwards you hand them your key and they in turn will give you a ticket which has been assigned to the car. To pick up the vehicle hand them the ticket and they will get the car (which is parked at an off site garage). Please note if you will not have use for the vehicle your entire stay you must let them know. They will not return the ticket and you will not be charged.

I did have a few issues with the hotel. At the hotel you have an option of purchasing soft drinks from the vending machine on the second floor for .80 cents or purchasing/drinking the same beverages supplied in the rooms' refrigerator for $4.00 each. In my opinion it was a no brainer I chose the vending machine around the corner from my room. The vending machine was in working order when I checked in the afternoon of Aug. 17th however later on in the evening when my son went to purchase a soft drink it was out of order. The following morning I reported it to the front desk. I was told a repairperson had made a trip the previous week to fix the vending machine containing the snacks. She was going to reach out the repairperson again and she expected the vending machine containing the soft drinks would be in working order by the end of the day. That was not the case. I reported the situation during my stay on the 18th and 20th to no avail. The vending machine had still not been repaired on my departure on Saturday, Aug. 22nd. I chose to drink water or purchase drinks while out during my stay rather than purchase the soft drinks in the room for $4.00. I felt it was a rip-off.

Housekeeping seemed to be in a world of there own. I was there for six days and quite honestly did not want housekeeping on a daily basis. I was in and out of the room throughout the day therefore I placed a Do Not Disturb sign on the doorknob. In spite of the sign housekeeping would ring the bell and enter the room. When she noted I in the room she seemed surprised, would apologize profusely, and leave. This happened on two occasions during my stay. I asked her why would she ring the bell and enter the room if there was a Do Not Disturb Sign on the doorknob. She stated she thought I checked out...again this happened twice. I did report it to the front desk. I don't know what if anything was done about it.

As far as the surrounding area I really can't say much. I literary commuted from the hotel to my son's school and vice versa. During the day I felt pretty safe however during the evenings it is a bit desolate and considering I was alone I did not venture out too much unless I was in a vehicle. I did see a few derelicts in the vicinity but they were not in close proximity to the hotel. As in any city you should always be careful and aware of your surroundings.

Overall, my stay at the Artmore was pleasant and I would return. Hopefully, my review is of service to you.

The Pros definitely outweigh the few cons

by TripAdvisor Member thewritechick

Pros:
1. Great location--very convenient to most midtown attractions--only 10 min from aquarium, 5-7 from lots of restaurants on Peachtree, right around corner from art museum
2. Complimentary HOT breakfast--sausage, grits, biscuits and gravy, eggs, fruit, yogurt, etc. all included
3. Service--they called an hour after we checked in to make sure everything was okay
4. Beds in the renovated rooms--very comfy with great linens! (NOTE: be sure to pay a bit more for the renovated rooms--I saw on reviews on here that the non-renovated rooms aren't as nice and it was only about $15 more to get a renovated one)
5. Parking (see more below) is in a secured garage below the hotel
6. Great 'flavor'--trendy decor, boutique feel--there is an open air patio with lounge chairs, etc.--feels a bit like it should be in LA.

Cons:
1. Parking-you do have to pay $15 (though you do have in/out privileges) for valet b/c there really isn't anywhere else to park
2. Street noise--our room faced the street and was on the 1st floor and you do get a bit of traffic noise. Might have been better on other side of hotel

A friendly, pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member Singer2RochesterNY

The hotel was chosen because of its proximity to MARTA and ease of getting to the city from the airport. It was a much cheaper alternative than others in the area, plus many positive reviews. We were greeted by the friendly reception person and checked in promptly, no waiting for the room. The hotel is nicely maintained and the room furnishings were newer than some of the chain hotels we have stayed in recently. My friend and I choose a unit with two bedrooms. Had we chosen something smaller, it would have been even more reasonable in price. The reservation stated that breakfast was $7 a person, but when we checked in, it was complimentary, another plus. The location of the room was quiet. We did not hear any other guests. The reception area helped us get to the destination we wanted to visit and even printed out a set of directions with a timetable for the bus. The bar staff was also very friendly and helped us with locating a good restaurant for dinner. Although only one night, it was a great stay.

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member usavisit

Hi Guys :-)

We stayed there for 2 nights and it was excellent....:-)
everything was new, the hole hotel is very stylish and young people from 20 something up to 40 i think...:-)
the value was ok :) for a suite ( 2 floors) was the value under 70 Dollars :-)

So you have to visit Atlanta especially for that hotel and the stuff :-)
Have a nice stay there:-)

CU

SoSo

by TripAdvisor Member OliverRex

The hotel is located near the Arts center and Atlantic Station. The rooms are small especially the rest room. We were expecting a little more, but the hotel is okay.

Pet Friendly Atlanta

by tmikeyt

Hello all,

I will be making a trip for a couple nights in Atlanta, in about 2 weeks from now. I have a new member of the family, by way of an adopted Jack Russell. Anyone familiar with the area where IKEA is located, and know of any decent hotels in the very near vicinity, which are likely to be pet friendly? I could use some help here. Or if you don't know the answer to this question, perhaps you know the name of that neighborhood.

by Agraichen

not certain of the connection with a dog an IKEA but there is an IKEA at 441 16th St Nw, Atlanta, GA. For hotels, it's best to check with them locally. Marriott is usually good. There's one south of the city quite close to the metro line.

by TexasDave

IKEA is very close to a mixed use development (condos, stores, restaurants, etc, but no hotels that I can remember) called Atlantic Station. It's also close to the area called Midtown if that helps you locate hotels easier.

by olddude

Try the Hampton Inn Mid-Town Atlanta, near Georgia Tech. They may accept pets, but I am not sure. I know the Knights Inn over that way accepts pets, but its not that nice a place and it is where a lot of students go to rendezvous.

www.hamptoninn.com

by tmikeyt

Let me try and clarify so that some of you who are trying to assist me, may better do so. I am very familiar with IKEA itself, and need no assistance in that regard. I was only interested in what that area/neighborhood is called. And if anyone knew of a pet friendly, pretty nice hotel right there in that general location. I thank you for your assistance so far. Mike

by olddude

As Dave and I both said in our earlier posts, the area is called Midtown. You did not say what your budget is but I know for a fact that the Hotel Indigo:

and the the Best Wstern Granada Suites:

are both pet friendly with rooms running between $100-150 a night and close to the IKEA (within a mile). Knights Inn is cheaper and also pet friendly, but as I said in my earlier post, it may not be a pleasant experience staying there.

by balfor

The Knights Inn is definitely not a great option in that neighborhood. I has been recently torn down if I am remembering the spot correctly. I drive by it almost every day, but am generally more interested in watching the other drivers to ensure that I don't have an impromptu get together with them.....

And I unfortunately can't comment on the pet friendliness of the hotels as I never have to worry about a hotel here. :-(

The Ikea is indeed next to Atlantic Station and is kind of across the connector (I-75/I-85) from Midtown.

Comments