800 Spring St. NW, Atlanta, Georgia, 30308, United States

Rated 10% higher but also costs 56% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center

Wonderful and Quiet Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Ludy_NYC

My stay at the Georgia Tech Hotel was great. The staff was helpful and the room was clean and adequate. I would definitely return to this Hotel in the future. It was two blocks from Peachtree and 10 minutes from all attractions. The Varsity was a few blocks down and we had a great time and meal there. My grandson used the pool and had a great time there. We also ate in the Dining Room in the Hotel and was quite pleased with the service and the food.

Friendly staff-good location

by TripAdvisor Member AverageJoe_7

Stayed here over the labor day weekend. Found the staff to be exceptional. Nice location, tho seemed farther from the Atlanta Aquarium than the website listed...(it might be 0.7 miles but seemed much farther when walking, especially over sections of crappy sidewalk, so I don't recommend the walk.) Nice pool and workout room. Found most aspects of the hotel to be first rate.
Anyway, the only negative I could offer? --The Paper Thin Walls!
You'll hear everything above a wisper from the hallways and hear every door open and close on your floor. Seriously. I'm not exaggerating. I mentioned this on checkout and got a knowing response. They say they hear that all the time from guests.
Why management hasn't done something about it, like installing sound-dampening panels in the halls is beyond me.
Given the choice I would try to stay somewhere else, but if you do stay here, let management know you were bothered too, then maybe they will do something about it.
The pain was lessened by the good rate I got online!

True Sounthern Hospitality

by TripAdvisor Member Treece36

What made this hotel stand out from many others that I've stayed is the staff. They were extremely hospitable, genuinely kind, and helpful. The cuisine in the restaurant was excellent, I had the lunch buffets three times which was consistently very good.
The rooms were very clean, spacious and nice.
My sister in law is handicapped and the staff really went out of their way to make sure we were happy. The restaurant staff, in particular was so kind and caring. Thank you and we will be sure to stay at your wonderful hotel on our future visits.

Would not stay here again!!

by TripAdvisor Member flyingtaps

Be careful if you are a woman traveling alone! I dropped my son off for an overnight visit at GA Tech. I chose this hotel because it was close by and I thought the hotel would be safe for me (since I was alone). As I unloaded my suitcases in the hotel's parking garage, I was approached and harrassed by two men who said they were homeless and wanted money. There was not another person or security guard in sight. I gave them money, reported this to the front desk clerk (didn't seem very concerned), went straight to my room & ordered room service and did not leave again until the next morning. Next time I'll stay in another area of town. I have traveled alone before and stayed in places not nearly as pricey and nice as this hotel, but have never felt uncomfortable being alone as I did here.

You can do better

by TripAdvisor Member WishMonster

I stayed at this hotel for several nights on business. The room rate was definitely right, but I would be reluctant to return.

When my colleague and I arrived around 3 in the afternoon, we were told it was too early to check in and had to wait. This was definitely an inconvenience, but we understood their constraints and killed a couple of hours.

Once we finally got checked in and settled, I was pleased to find my room was spacious and very clean. As the nights passed, however, I became extremely displeased with the bed. It was so uncomfortable, mostly owing to the flimsy pillows, that by the end of the trip I had developed serious neck pain.

During the stay, I was further frustrated to find the WiFi was not free. I'm sure they make a lot of money off this, but I found it annoying and unnecessary. Especially since the room I was in had its rate posted at over $300 per night... had I actually been paying that much, I would have assumed the hotel could toss in a little wireless service.

The final straw came when I attempted to order room service. Due to work, I didn't return to my room until almost midnight one evening and was eager to order room service as I was starving. Come to find out the kitchen closed at 10.

While the hotel was definitely clean and safe, and the rooms were spacious and maybe even a little luxurious, I would definitely expect more from it based on all that. Especially if I had been paying the posted rate.

Staff was very friendly

by TripAdvisor Member daisyeve81

I thought that the hotel was very nice and located conveniently close to a lot of nice places to eat. The staff was very friendly. I personally had a problem with the channel selection in the rooms. There were 4 versions of ESPN, 5 news channels and no Lifetime or Oxygen. I would have liked a refrigerator and microwave more conveniently located as well, but overall, it was a nice hotel.

Excellent place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member CruzC

I stayed at this hotel last week. The hotel is well located (Midtown by Georgia Tech U), near the Midtown MARTA Station. So you get the best of both worlds by being strategically located in between Downtown Atlanta and its touristic spots (such as the Coca Cola world, CNN, etc, etc.) and the upbeat Buckhead area.
There is a huge Barnes & Noble with a Starbucks Coffee across the street open until 10 pm. The area is monitored by surveillance video cameras so you can walk and feel safe.
The personnel at the hotel was very helpful and kind during my stay. I requested their assistance and their response was immediate and effective.

I do recommend this hotel for your next stay.

Great stay, lovely room, excellent staff

by TripAdvisor Member rachelw77

I was very impressed with the Georgia Tech Conference Center Hotel - I imagined it to be bland, dull and very corporate, but all my preconceptions were wrong. The rooms were sparklingly clean, ultra modern and very spacious. The air-conditioning worked like a dream, and everything was in perfect working order...especially the bed, which was super comfortable!

The food in the restaurant was superb, and the front desk staff were more than helpful. There are several good restaurants and bars in the surrounding are and the concierge gave some great recommendations....there is also a beautiful park within walking distance, and a large mall.

Hospitable staff and good location

by TripAdvisor Member Oi

The staff are very friendly and professional. The room was very clean and peaceful. It's centrally located in Midtown with some restaurants within walking distance. The subway (Marta) station is nearby as well. My husband and I had a very positive experience. We particularly enjoyed the swimming pool and jacuzzi.

lazy service with a good location

by TripAdvisor Member lontramil

The rooms are quite large as you can find in most American hotels and the location is perfect, especially if you are going to have thinks to do at Georgia Tech university that is just next door. Besides that all the other thinks at this hotel are far below American average; the service is lazy, slow and ineficient; the breakfast was just ok, in the third day I couldn't have it. There was no internet in the room and the payed wireless system doens't work at all and no one in the front desk knows how to fix it !! There was no one to help me with my bags, well it was a "do it by myself" stay in all aspects.

View from the TrailView from the Trail

Norman Rockwell PaintingNorman Rockwell Painting

Park in NE part of townPark in NE part of town

Presentation of the cabbage patch themePresentation of the cabbage patch theme

Moving Advice PLEASE!!!

by BonitApplebum

I'm a 25 y/o single female with a small pet who is relocating to the Atlanta area. I'll be working in East Point and going to school in Morrow. I don't want a long commute because I will be quite busy. However, I am bit nervous about living on the Southside. It seems a bit unsafe.

Are there any nice pockets that you would recommend? I am on a budget and don't want to spend more than $850 in rent. But, safety is of the upmost importance to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

RE: Moving Advice PLEASE!!!

by rexvaughan

I don't know a lot about the southside but am confident there are nice places to live there. VT member Balfor lives in Hapeville which is on the southside. Knowing him, he would welcome an e-mail asking your questions. If you are not familiar with VT e-mail, go to the Search space, type in Balfor and select members then go. You should get his name then which you can click on and go to his homepage. Under his photo will be an 'e-mail me' button. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions I can answer (just joking).

RE: RE: Moving Advice PLEASE!!!

by balfor

Hey, hopefully you'll log back onto VT. Were I you, I'd seriously consider Hapeville or East point as a place to live. The only real bottle necks for traffic would be going north from Morrow in the mornings and going south from Atlanta toward Morrow in the evenings. That stretch can get a little bit busy, but NOTHING like the center of town and further north.

Some parts of Riverdale would be okay, as would Lake City and Morrow. Like any metro area, however, you can't list a whole city (except maybe Hapeville and Lake city because they are so small) with one blanket statement about safety, etc.

Hapeville would be between both Morrow and East point with very little traffic creating problems. But in any case, you're probably not more than 20-25 minutes from East Point to Morrow unless there is an accident on I-75 that you can't get around, but there are a number of alternate ways around 75 South if you want to explore them. :-)

Comments