659 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, Georgia, 30308, United States

Satisfaction Average

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• dustmon's Profile Photo

Midtown Elegance

Suites at The Georgian include up to 1740 sq ft..., flat screen TVs, free WIFI, pillowtop bedding, smokefree, full kitchens, washer/dryers, and some suites have really nice balconies.....Right across from the famous Fox Theater on Peachtree Road...close to great eating, drinking, sports, and more-----
    Packages including valet parking, etc... available on the website so check it out before booking....

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Old Time Elegance

If VT fixes the upload problem for pics, I will add some
    Since 1911, this hotel is in "revival" at the door is Anthony, the icon for 12 years since it was renovated. He is bellhop, doorman, stand in concierge, and general friendly greeter and a great emissary of the elegance of the hotel. There are 307 rooms and plenty of meeting space. The pool on the roof and work out room is at the top floor. View from the top is fabulous. Renovation was done in 2001. During the Depression years things went into disrepair and the hotel closed for a while; then became a boarding house. A portion of the lobby has a beautiful open circular motif that goes all the way to the top showing the glass and floors. If is wonderful. The job to bring back the luxury was a great effort by Cresent Mgmt.
    We did not stay here but my daughter and SIL had the experience some 9 years ago in proposing marriage. It was romantic and memorable, they say, and still are a happy lovely couple.

Unique Quality: All of the hotel has a feel of new with the renovations recently done. The lobby is expansive. The glass atrium going up all 33 floors is a wonder to look at. The marble floors are beautiful, and in the side entrance is a large fresco painting to greet you.

Directions: Just to the east of downtown about 5 blocks and across form the Fox theater. East/west street is Ponce de Leon

More about Georgian Terrace Hotel

Happy Honeymooners

The Georgian Terrace hotel was a wonderful place to stay. Our room was comfortable and clean and had an amazing view from the fourteenth floor. We found it very easy to find our way to the metro transportation that takes you most places in Atlanta. The pool on the roof was clean and the gym was well equipped. The staff were friendly and helpful. We were very happy honeymooners!

Truly disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member kellilou3

My husband and I saw a show at the Fox Theatre last night and chose to stay at the Georgian Terrace Hotel because it is right across the street. I really wanted the negative reviews on here to be proven wrong by our stay, but they weren't.

Pros: Proximity to the Fox Theatre, the lobby is breathtaking, and the foam mattresses are very comfortable.
Cons: The standard rooms are extremely small, our tub had come loose from the back wall so that it felt like the tub was going to collapse, and the NOISE! It sounded like our windows were wide open all night long, and we could hear people running over a big, temporary manhole cover all night, as well as a fight on the street below at 4am. And we were on the 8th floor!

It is a beautiful hotel and would be great if you're going to a show at the Fox and can request a room maybe on the back side of the hotel but is otherwise overpriced for what you end up getting.

Besk kept secret in Atlanta

by TripAdvisor Member Mrs Bradley

My husband and I stayed at the Georgia Terrace August 21, 2004. We found that this is the best kept secret in Atlanta. The same week we stayed at the Marriott Marquis in New York City (Time Square). Compared to the Marquis, give me the Georgian Terrace. I've lived in Atlanta all my life and I was more than surprised. Great price, beautiful spacious one bedroom suite, very clean lobby, helpful and pleasant staff.
We plan to make the Georgian Terrace our every three months get away.
If you're planning a special event at the Fox or downtown, give yourself a special treat and stay at the Georgian Terrace. You want be disappointed.

What a Dump!

Let's see, where shall I begin. We had reservations for a 2BR and a 3BR suite for 5 ladies. (3+2=5) The hotel gave away the 3BR suite and the hotel manager told us a reservation only guaranteed "A" room, not "THE" room we reserved. After arguing w/ him for 30 minutes he gave us three 2BR suites, two of the suites did not have working showers, the other suite had FLEAS. (Low and behold it's a PET FRIENDLY hotel). We had room service for breakfast 3 days in a row and each day the order was wrong. Our rooms faced the Fox Theatre where the Allman Brothers were playing each night for the entire weekend, needless to say it was not a very QUIET location. Empty beer cans and plastic cups littered the hotel, the revolving doors had been broken, the elevators were not working and the hotel bar had run out of most of it's liquor b/c of the concert goers. The Georgian Terrace was a BIG disappointment and I wouldn't go back if you paid me. (ps. the manager did reduce the room rates b/c we didn't get the rooms we reserved, but it was still not worth the money)

Classic, but needs a Facelift

by TripAdvisor Member nyfun01

This is a fairly attractive hotel from the outside and the lobby, and departs from the usual corporate "convention-style" hotels due to it's history and exterior architecture. However, it needs renovation money.

The landmark sign out front gives the full history and ends with a plug for the elegant furnishings. This is absolutely not true. The furnishings are medium grade and frequently worn down.

On the other hand they do provide you with quite a bit of space in their full suites. The washer and dryer were appreciated. It's really like an apartment. However, this is not always practical for travelers. The kitchen has a microwave, dishwasher, and refrigerator. But there are no plates or utensils. So realistically, who's going to use these amenities? The GT doesn't bill itself as a "Residence Inn".

Parts of the hotel seemed dirty, although they try hard on the lobby. A friend of mine stayed in a room where the door was broken, and my other coworker received a room where the internet connection was broken. But my room worked fine - although it was absent a hair dryer (a small defect).

The GT is charming, but they need to invest new money on furnishings to make it on par with newer hotels. They can't be so proud based only on the hotel's history.

I Will *never* Stay At This Hotel ever Again

The actual visit and stay at this hotel was pleasant. The operating staff were efficient and courteous. However, when I returned home and discovered charge-holds to my credit card that I did not authorize, the accounts payable department was less than helpful. I was told twice that the issue had been resolved with my bank, and when confering with my bank I discovered the hotel had NOT ONCE called or faxed the information needed to clear the hold dispute. After a second day of calling the hotel, leaving messages, and discussing what actions needed to be taken I was told by the Accounts Payable individual that he (Tani G.) "didn't have time to deal with this issue." To say that I am displeased at this moment would be an understatement.I AM FURIOUS.

Magnificent Place to Stay in Atlanta! Home away from Home

My husband and I attended a concert at the Fox Theatre and we stayed at the Georgian Hotel. I read some reviews prior to making my reservation..some which weren't so positive. With the location being the primary factor, we booked an overnight stay anyway.

I want to tell you..we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel staff is the most magnificent staff you'll ever be honored to meet. From the valets, bellhops, front desk, bar and grill personnell, we were greeted with such energy.

The staff was just marvelous! We reserved a one bedroom suite. It had all the amenities of home. I rarely relax but there I found a very relaxing atmosphere. As my husband slept, I quietly watched TV in the living room. Finding time to read magazines (provided) in a very serene atmosphere.

My husband was just elated. We really enjoyed staying at the Georgian Hotel and look forward to returning in the future. The lobby was very clean and welcoming as well.

There were only a few problems we noted but considering nothing is perfect, it was excellent. The halls were quiet. Rooms were spacious and the distance to the Fox..well let's say it was a skip and a hop. We walked across the street to and from the concert. We also had the honor of seeing some of our old school band members sit outside on the lower terrace.

The suite was designed for a nice small party gathering of friends.

All I can say is that..we loved it and we will return again and again and again.

If you have problems, just call the hotel manager..it doesn't matter where you go, how much you pay....you'll encounter small problems.

We loved staying at the Georgian Hotel and hope all our future visits will be equally as special.

Georgian Hotel..keep up the Southern Hospitality.

Are you kidding?

This Hotel appears to be a five star but in fact a Motel 6 would be a better choice. Our 12th floor suite that we paid a pretty price for had a bathtub that was peeling paint! When I told the manager he moved us to the 14th floor to a suite with a double bed.... yes a suite with a double bed? You can do better for the price.

Top view from Georgian Terrace hotelTop view from Georgian Terrace hotel

Taxi

by Nat_Mtl

BOnjour,

How much is a taxi from the airport to the Georgian Terrace Hotel approx.
Thanks for your answer
N.

RE: Taxi

by 1princess

I would think alot. Its much easier to take the marta train in the airport($1.75) to north ave the georgiann hotel is right in front of the fox theatre. you can take a $3-5 taxi ride from the marta train if youd like but you can also walk (5-10 minutes) without problems.

RE: RE: Taxi

by Nat_Mtl

Thanks for your answer Princess! For the benifit of those who may have the same question, i am back from Atlanta, and the taxi have flat rate from airport... 32$ for Mid Town, wich was including the Georgian Terrace, and 38$ for downtown. Flat rate are great because i was stuck in traffic jam at 5 oclock for almost an hours.... i do not want imagine how much it will cost with a meter .. :-)
Nathalie