Glenn Hotel

Priceline.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• tahte's Profile Photo

A Cool Hotel in Hotlanta

My 2-night stay at the Glenn was great. The staff was helpful and friendly, and upon check-in they gave me a coupon for 2 free drinks at the bar.

As I opened the door to room 410, I was very impressed by its contemporary decor. All the lights were on dimmers, giving the room a showroom feel. The "superior queen" room was quiet, though it faced the corner. The bed was comfortably firm, high off the floor and topped with a cozy down comforter. Across from it was the flat-panel TV, which included HBO. Also there was a work area where I set up my laptop and took advantage of the free Wi-Fi. The minibar was well-stocked but too expensive ($2.75 for a 50ยข bag of Miss Vickie's chips!).

Though I was alone, I felt very secure. A keycard was required to use the elevator, and the room door had a lock and a latch.

The bathroom was cool too. There was no tub, but a curved "peek-a-boo" shower (it has a large window looking into the bedroom), with both rainshower and hand-held shower heads. h2o+ toiletries, and samples of Usher perfume and cologne were a nice touch.

In the morning they served free continental breakfast, including donuts, fresh fruit, yogurt, coffee, Tazo teas, etc. They are renovating their restaurant, but in the meantime, they have a deal with Thrive restaurant (located diagonally from the hotel) where guests save 10%.

The hotel is located steps away from many attractions, including the CNN Center, Centennial Olympic Park, Georgia Aquarium and more. A few blocks away is the Atlanta Underground and Five Points MARTA (subway) station.

I would stay here again. I look forward to trying out the new restaurant and rooftop bar!

Unique Quality: Beautiful contemporary decor, peek-a-boo shower w/rainshower head, great location, free Internet access, Wi-Fi or wired (see front desk for ethernet cables)

Directions: On the corner of Marietta and Spring Streets.

More about Glenn Hotel

Not worth the money

by TripAdvisor Member minervenus

Rather than go to the Glenn, try some place a little cheaper with better customer service. From the start, the staff make you feel insignificant. You're not greeted when you enter the hotel, and the front desk people act like it's an imposition for you to check in.

Room service is a joke; the hours are extremely limited so bring your own food. After our stay, we received a request for information about the trip. Of course we said the same things we are saying here, but there was never a response.

We don't mind paying large amounts for exceptional service, but that is not the case at the Glenn hotel. You're paying Ritz Carlton prices for Super 8 service. If you're going to pay that much, just head on uptown to the Ritz.

Glenn has room for improvement but will be back...

by TripAdvisor Member ditti0621

This stay at the Glenn was a result of our experience during our 1st visit on New Year's Eve. We are local Atlantans and booked a room for NYE along with dinner reservations at BED which we had dined at before. We had booked a king room and instead were given a queen room. The hotel was completely booked so we had no choice but to accept it. Once we settled into our room we had to call the "engineer" up to fix the tv and stop the toilet from running. The manager apologized and offered us a "dream suite" next time we come at no charge. So....last night we booked the dream suite and our first room on the top floor had electrical issues and the lights didn't work in the living room. The room next door was not available either because it was having a/c problems. We were finally after a 25 minute wait moved to the 8th floor to an identical room. The rooms are fabulous and very well appointed. The only difference in the regular room and the dream suite is the separate living area and the shower is bigger in the suite. Again, we had to call the engineer up to try and fix the tv to no avail. We eventually got it to work but the set up they have is very complicated and the guy said they have complaints about them all the time. Everything was fine until I went to shower the next morning. There is a rain shower head and a separate shower head that is hand held. When I switched the water to the handheld the water pressure made the shower head fly off the hose and thru the air and land on the ground. It was pretty comical, but still not normal. We felt bad complaining because it was already free but we did let the front desk know when we checked out so it could be fixed. He comped our misc. room charges and we were on our way. All that being said, we still love the hotel and will more than likely stay there again. The hotel lobby and bar are a great place to hang out and people watch. Great atmosphere, drinks, and music. Too bad BED closed because we really enjoyed it both times. We went to McCormick and Schmicks this time and it was terrific....great seafood.

Good Stay

by TripAdvisor Member latoport

I was very skeptical after reading the reviews but thought I'd go ahead and give it a try. As stated in other reviews, the rooms are very small. However, they are decorated nice. It's more of a modern room with trendy decorations (funky colors such as orange). The plasma tv worked and was nice. The peek-a-boo shower was interesting, neat and something that the love birds would enjoy! You may not want to bring the kids! The room and bathroom lights both have dimmers which is cool for the romantic time or for that mellow feel. The refrigerator is full of goodies (i.e. liquor, juice, soft drinks, candy, etc.) but items are pricey. The lobby is small, but the hotel is not big anyway. There is a bar in the lobby along with trendy decorative furniture. At night, the lobby is rather loud as a dj sits in the corner spinning records, which is not bad if you don't mind sitting at the bar or on a sofa enjoying some upbeat music with others. The restaurant is no longer called the B.E.D., it is The Glenn Restaurant. The menu is small and the cheapest entree is about $18.00 but the food is really good. The hotel restaurant still have the beds and it's rather dim inside but yet cool if you like this type of atmosphere (romantic). The hotel is in a great location if you have an event at the Phillips arena or Dome. It's also located near many other places. All in all, if you want to try something different, I would recommend it. It's definately on a trendy/funky side and may be more suitable for the younger crowd.

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member acroswel

As mentioned in other reviews the rooms are on the smallish side, but are very well appointed: flat panel TV, well stocked mini-bar, alarm clock with MP3 player input, desk, safe, bath robes, and very nice pillows and linens. There was only a shower and no bath tub, but the shower was rather large and very nicely tiled. There was also a window between the shower and the bedroom, with only hanging metal beads to obscure the view. Some might find that unusual, but we thought it fit in with the modern feel of the room. Though it did force you to close the shower curtain in order to use the other bathroom facilities with any privacy. There is a small but nice gym stocked with towels and water. There are also two flat panel TV's in the gym with remotes so that you can independently choose what to watch while working out. Check in and checkout were both exceptionally quick, and when asking for a cab at checkout we were immediately taken to one that was waiting in the hotel garage. I realized a day after leaving that I had left a pair of expensive sunglasses in my room. Though it took a couple of calls to get connected to the right person, my sunglasses were found and sent to me 2nd day air at the hotel's cost. I can't imagine better service.

Charged even after cancelling!

by TripAdvisor Member ATLGA91

I've never had this kind of horrible reservations service. I booked reservations for out of town guests months in advance but never received a confirmation e-mail. I called back to give them a second e-mail address, but still nothing. As my reservation approached - about 10 weeks out, I got worried and called to confirm. They didn't have the reservation, but made a new one. No problem. We ended up having to cancel about three weeks prior to the reservation. We called and were assured it wasn't a problem. We thought things were fine until we were billed for the rooms. We spoke with reservations and explained that we had called previously and they took the information and assured us the manager would call us back. He never did. When we reached him, he said that we didn't have a cancellation number so we would have to pay for the reservations. The reservations process was painful and I was sorely disappointed with the hotel.

Stylish Boutique Hotel for couples

by TripAdvisor Member SunYatSen

This hotel is not your average, boring , run of the mill hotel. It is not one of those tired chain hotels but rather a place to stay and feel like you are truly on vacation. It has a stylish feel to it, great for the traveller who wants a little luxury in their travel. The room was great and the bed was very comfortable. The peek a- boo glass shower was neat and we had dinner in the restaurant , on a bed with lush pillows! I would highly recommend this hotel to any couple who wants a unique stay in Atlanta, something different and upscale. Great value for a unique experience.

Check your bill! BEWARE

by TripAdvisor Member SAguy

Great hotel, I liked the style as a building.
The staff were terrible, rude and did not seem to care.
I waited about 10 min at the bar before the bartender too my order as he was discussing his work schedule with anothe worker. Ice machine on my floor did not work - elevator only lets you go to your floor - stairs clearly marked "fire escape only" called room service for ice - answer was "get your own"When I checked out I got charged $8.00 for a package of M&Ms I did not take from the minibar - the front desk person told me I should have complained earlier - how? I just got the bill! Two days later the hotel added additional charges on my Amex card - I called the hotel - asked to the manager - got housekeeping. Left message twice - no call back - I had Amex dispuite the entire bill.
NEVER AGAIN - BEWARE

Do not stay here if you want to get any sleep

by TripAdvisor Member OCtravelgirl82

The rooftop lounge has so much loud noise it is like they are in my room. Or the street noise you can hear each car that drives by. Or the concert in the park. This is a horrible horrible place to stay. Beyond the rooms looking cute it is horrible. DO NOT BOOK THE QUEEN SINGLE! It is a full size bed not a queen!! There is only enough room to walk around the bed, it is so small!!!

I am moving hotels tonight, MOST horrible place I have ever stayed...sadly not due to the nice hotel, just the outside atmosphere.

Beware, Not worth the $$$, poor service, extremely SMALL rooms!

by TripAdvisor Member marko1974

Just stayed at the Glenn for 3 nights. Yes, it is different, very contemporary with nice ambiance BUT, rooms are extremely SMALL for $229 a night, WOW!. The service is just so, so, ordered crab cakes in the restaurant and they were ice cold, asked for new ones, they brought back ice cold ones, the manager made us feel like they are doing us a favor, very unpleasant! The place is very very dark throughout- too dark.
The linens in the room were not very clean, there are no bathtubs the showers are not very strong, water gets all over. The beds were not very comfortable, etc.. The hotel is very close to the convention center, but pretty much nothing else around unless you want to walk 20 minutes or so to other restaurants. I travel a lot- and for this time of money you can do much better. Yeah, orange blinds, dimmed lighting, even a window to the shower while you sit on your bed you can watch someone shower... God forbid you're sharing the room with a buddy, would definately not recommend. Friends of ours stayed at a nearby hotel for $90 a night and had an enormous room, clean, with floor to ceiling windows and views. The Glenn is a rip off, sorry to be so harsh but thats the truth!!!

Comments