Grand Hyatt Atlanta

Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Not up to the usual Hyatt standards

There are a few things travellers should know about this place before plunking down the money this place demands. First, they charge you $10 for Internet access, $17 to park your own car, and everything in the room has a price tag on it. It was like sleeping in a flea market. They nickel and dime you to death at this place. Buckhead has closed the local shops and everything that is still open, closes at 9PM so plan accordingly. I stayed in a higher priced room on the 23rd floor and the room was small compared to the price. I thought it was overpriced for what I got and left feeling like I had been cheated. You should consider staying at the Omni or the Westin for this kind of money. There wasn't much of a view, either. I got a room on the 23rd floor for a view but the surrounding hotels block any decent view you would normally have. Very disappointed in the Grand Hyatt.

Unique Quality: Nice pool and lobby area. The bathrooms are very nice but not even as large as some at a Holiday Inn Express, but the marble floors and low-profile tubs are decent.

Directions: Right across the street from all the closed down shops in Buckhead.

• Graxie's Profile Photo

Hyatt

Spectacular lobby, graced with comfortable furnishings, polished marble, exotic flowers and exquisite art welcomes guests to a meeting facility in the Grand tradition. The highest level of personalized service beckons with the promise of luxury in 439 guestrooms, including 20 spacious suites, Hyatt Business Plan and exclusive Regency Club accommodations. The warm surroundings are accented by stylish decor, spacious marble baths and unsurpassed personal amenities. Here, you can relax by the sparkling outdoor pool or unwind in the extensive fitness center with steam, sauna, and massage services.

Unique Quality: Express Check Out

Directions: 3300 Peachtree Road
    Atlanta, GA 30305 US

• Cogee's Profile Photo

Best in Buckhead

Sorry I'm favoring this hotel since it's where I spent about 40 hours each week! I did live there for a week and a half as well and I must say it's nice and comfy.

The hotel got all your usaul amenities along with restaurant, pool, fitness center, business center, meeting spaces... and great staff! Many, like me, are doing their management internship there so don't be surprised if you run into nice young ppl from all corners of the world.

Unique Quality: Lobby and front desk area was completely renovated in the beginning of 2005. The lobby bar, Onyx, was given a wonderful greenish underlit bar top and a coffe bar was added. There also a little quiet corner with a open fire.

An 24 hr business center was added where guests can fax, copy and email without complaining to the FO staff that it's not open when they want it to be.

There's a olymic size pool on the 3rd floor along with a fully equipped gym. And a reminder that it once was hotel nikko is the Japanese Garden with a water fall that can be admired from the Cassis Restaurant.

.....You probably think someone paid me for writing all this... no they didn't. I'm quite happy to work back in Sweden but I do think it was a nice hotel and I'm happy I decided to try it out for a while.

Directions: Buckhead

More about Grand Hyatt Atlanta

The Grand Hyatt Buckhead Really is Grand

by TripAdvisor Member TravelnowBirmingham

The service at the Grand Hyatt really sets it apart from the other Buckhead hotels. A great staff willing to go the extra mile. Rooms were a good size, comfortable and well-appointed. All requests were honored with a smile. We highly recommend this hotel and would gladly stay here again. The location was perfect for our shopping and Braves game (the Buckhead Marta transit station is only 1 block). There was construction next door but we didn't hear any noise. The beds were great!

Nice stay overall

by TripAdvisor Member philz01

I spent a weekend night there with my wife. We got a great deal with AAA including the breakfast buffet. The room was clean and smelled fresh. Fortunately, we stayed at the end of the hall so we did not hear too much noise. The bathrooms were spacious, and it was an overall comfortable stay. I would not pay regular price, but do recommend it if you have a discount. The breakfast in the Casis restaurant was a nice touch, and the attendants were very kind. We used the complimentary Town Car to go to dinner which was nice because it was raining. When we were done with dinner, he was there in less than 2 minutes. Not spectacular rooms, but a comfortable and clean stay.

Not so Grand

by TripAdvisor Member Orsino

After having stayed at several hotels in midtown and downtown I decided to try Buckhead and booked a room at the "Grand" Hyatt. First, the neighborhood: it has all the charm of downtown Westchester. The fact is, there's no there there. The immediate vicinity is an unfortunate mess of post-modern piles each sheltering its guests in hermetically sealed bubbles. The views are horrendous: in one direction a strip mall, in the other a sand pile, in the other a construction site. The staff is courteous, if downright solicitous but as I come here for business often probably doesn't mean as much to me as to some. The room itself is positively prosaic: while the materials in the bathroom aspire to the luxurious (marble floors and limestone counters) it's all executed in the cheapest manner. The popcorn 8' ceiling in the bedroom, the polyester spread, fake mullions on the windows and the awful "neo-whatever" furniture with brass fittings could just as easily be found in a Marriott. There were pulls in the coverlet, runs in the carpet, and peeling paint on the ceiling in the bathroom. I really don't understand how people can say this passes for luxury. To me it barely passes for comfort.

Great time

by TripAdvisor Member cb123

2 nights for July 4th 2005. Good staff with nice hotel. Not exactly 5 star but for the money it was a good deal. Great location near Marta, Lenox Mall and a number of great restaurants. Walk to everything, have coffee at Caribou directly across the street. All around good deal. New lobby with water falls, great for a glass of wine after dinner.

a priceline steal!

I couldn't have been more thrilled to stay at this hotel in the heart of buckhead for $75 a night plus tax during the july 4th weekend. i booked thru priceline, which i had never used before. the hotel itself is nicely appointed throughout the lobby with marble accents, etc. the lobby bar is very nice and looks onto a 2-3 story high stone waterfall. the rooms have plenty of space, beds very comfortable, and the bathrooms were outstanding, with marble floors and granite (i believe) counters. we enjoyed some time at the rooftop pool, which is surrounded by trees and where waiters will bring you drinks. you can't beat the location, though it is more of a walk to lenox square (half-mile?) than many other hotels. its at the corner of peachtree and piedmont, which takes you right into midtown. i read some of the other reviews, but didnt have trouble such as construction noise. i would recommend the hotel to anyone and highly recommend you take advantage of the fabulous discount offered by priceline. at the time i got my $75 rate thru priceline, the hotel was offering $159 a night as its lowest non-internet rate (which was only $149).

A Great, Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member wendydave

My partner and myself stayed in a suite with a balcony for a special occasion - the staff, the room, the people were fabulous. We are a lesbian couple and we were treated with such respect and all of ours needs were taken care of... I asked the staff to place roses in the room and rose petals on the bed - I bought the roses early in the day and later that night when she opened the door - it was grand!!! It was worth every penny and more!!!

This is a fabulous hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member pjmcjm

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for four nights in mid August, 2005. We both thought it was wonderful! We have never stayed at a hotel where the employees were ALL unbelievably friendly. You couldn't walk down the hall without being greeted by one of the hotel's many employees. We had the $99 senior rate but decided to upgrade to the concierge floor just for fun. That was $40 extra per night that included a good breakfast (everything but eggs available), snacks all day, and a light dinner if you wanted. We arrived in a heavy thunderstorm later than we expected, so we opted for the concierge dinner. It was delicious...a very pleasant surprise! The concierge desk in the front hall was fabulous...helpful with every arrangement you could think of. MARTA is a short walk from the hotel, but the two shopping centers are more than a couple of blocks away. There is a free shuttle provided by Buckhead that we enjoyed using after walking so much. At night, the hotel provided free transportation to area restaurants. The rooms were lovely, and the beds were the most comfortable hotel beds we have ever slept in!! There was always a USA Today outside our door in the morning. The bathrooms were elegant...I really don't know what's not to like about this place!! Yes, there was construction going on all around the hotel...and yes, we were bothered by it a little in the mornings. But other than that, we have no complaints about this terrific Hyatt. We felt totally pampered the entire four nights we were there, and we heartily recommend this hotel to anyone going to Atlanta.

Comments