1888 Sullivan Road, College Park, Georgia, 30337, United States
Priceline.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Atlanta

Whole Foods BuckheadWhole Foods Buckhead

georgia state capitolgeorgia state capitol

spinach cheese dipspinach cheese dip

Down home cook'n in the SouthDown home cook'n in the South

Rental Cars in Atlanta

by caliterp07

Hi all!

I'm headed down to Atlanta for a wedding in July. I'm flying into ATL, and will need to rent a car for a couple days. Rental costs at the airport are close to double what I've found at non-airport car places...but I'm not sure how I'd get there.

Are there any rental car companies accessible by MARTA that aren't aiport locales? I'm going to be hit with the under-25 fees as it is, so if I can save $30/day renting a few miles away, that would be really nice.

Thanks so much!

by rexvaughan

There are several car rental places on Courtland Street in downtown Atlanta. It would be a short walk (less than a mile) from the 5 Points MARTA station. Just look for a Courtland St location for the rental company you like. There are doubtless others as well. If you find one but are not sure about the locatin, let me know and I will try to help.

by balfor

And if Rex isn't online, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

What weekend is the wedding? Have played tour guide and chauffeur for other VT'ers, so wouldn't mind doing so again if that could help you out. I live about 5 minutes away from the airport. :)

by caliterp07

You guys are awesome :) :) :) I'll check out the locations you suggested!

I'll be in town the 2nd-4th (the wedding's on Thursday), so it's going to be super quick. My husband is the best man, so we'll be busy bees with wedding stuff those days I'm sure--but thank you so much for offering to play tour guide! We drove down last summer for a week to visit, and enjoyed Atlanta immensely :)

by balfor

I'm glad you enjoyed Atlanta! It's becoming one of the better cities in the US, but has a ways to go before it is truly a rival of New York, Chicago or the like. We are well on our way though!

Travel Tips for Atlanta

Well, Stone Mountain is on the...

by bottleofdoom

Well, Stone Mountain is on the outskirts of Atlanta. It's very all-American. They have
a laser show at night & everybody buys fried chicken & iced tea. Then they lay
on their blankets on the lawn whilst they consume their edibles & watch a cheesy lightshow that ends in beautiful, red, white & blue fireworks. It's enough to make an
American puke...I mean PROUD. All in all, Stone Mountain is very cool to experience because it's a big hunk of granite
in the middle of nowhere. You get to ride a gondola to the top or if you have enough
stamina, you can climb. Climbing down is even funner. They have a gift shop & lots of
info about the place at the top. It's rather windy up there, but in the summer it don't
matter.

Bring your accents and compare...

by teddyp

Bring your accents and compare them with the accents of the few Southerners we have left in Atlanta. Our city does have a number of northern transplants; however, we're still the home to Jeff Foxworthy (from 'you might be a redneck if ...' fame) and Jimmy Carter (although, don't care for Jimmy all that much).

Athens-the college town

by BruceDunning

This is the hub of the Georgia pride for its University of Georgia campus and the reknowed football team, anchored by Uga, the bulldog mascot. The university started in 1801 on 633 acre campus. The town has 175,000 people. The downtown is more of the mid 20th century look, and is good for strolling down the main street. There are four houses that can be toured form the 1820's to 1860's. A guided tour is $20, and lasts 2 hours.

A good mix

by just4funds about Tongue & Groove

Classy crowd, but definitely not aloof. Wednesdays they have Salsa dancing lessons and plenty of spicy club music every night. Enter off of Bolling Way, then head to the back bar and say "Hi" to Karen and Carolyn taking care of the bar. It's a popular place, but they seem open to reasonable attire.

Must have car!

by Cogee

I survived taking the MARTA bus in Atlanta for four months. Being from Sweden I'm use to clean, safe and pretty reliable busses. Here I have to put up with being harrassed almost everytime I waited for the bus. The condition of some busses are quite bad, so are some of the people unfortunetly... So after being on a bus around midnight, witnessing a guy sit and play with a knife I decided that I really neeeeeeed a car!

I wish that MARTA worked better then I wouldn't mind but it doesn't and more or less everyone in the States seem to have a car so...

Comments