Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown

More about Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Downtown

My Favorite Place

by msbrandysue about Hampton Inn Atlanta/Newnan

*Update*
I recently stayed by myself in the King SUITE. It really isn't worth the extra $20. The regular rooms are just as nice. The suite just has a couch and I didn't even use it, other than to put my suitcase. I also booked this room on the actual Hampton Inn website and the prices were the same as Expedia. But you might as well price compare just to be safe. :)

The Hampton Inn and Suites has won over my heart. I have stayed at Hampton Inns throughout the United States and am always pleasantly pleased. In Atlanta this is right off of the freeway when coming into town from Alabama and very close to many places to get gas and dinner/lunch.

Why is Hampton Inn the place to stay? The service, the room, breakfast and location.

The service was excellent. Everyone was kind, welcoming, and helpful.

The breakfast was out of this world. They had every type of food you could eat for breakfast. Cereal, waffles, bacon, sausage, fruit, danishes, etc, etc. All sorts of juice and coffee.

And, last but not least, the important part...the room! When I walked in I was very impressed. The beds were huge and very comfy. There was a flat screen tv and lots of good channels. I spent most of my time using the free Internet connections looking up addresses and planning the events of my trip. It was quiet, comfy and peaceful. Everything I enjoy in a night in.

Other amenities I enjoyed: pool, FREE wireless internet, cable tv ***Use the VT site or Expedia to find the best price! Through VT I found a price of $109 a night but on the actual Hampton Inn site the prices were $199!!! Also, you may want to join their rewards program. Sometimes they'll give you 1000 points to stay a night and offer such deals as free Webkinz for kids and stuff like that. It changes so you may want to check out their website.

PS....I am in no way connected to this chain. I just really, really like them.

Old coke machines of yester yearOld coke machines of yester year

shrine of the immaculate conceptionshrine of the immaculate conception

Penne FlorentinePenne Florentine

View of park museum and mountain in backgroundView of park museum and mountain in background

Refresh my memory..

by lfloyd

My step son plays Prof Baseball and we used to make several trips to Atl.. but he moved to American League and so haven't been in a few years..
As my husband takes off to Pittsburgh to watch him with the guys..I'm in the mood for Baseball so I'm driving to Atl for the weekend in about two weeks. I've booked a room at Westin..I think that's where we stayed before.. and I remember the cab ride was only like 6 or 7.00 to the field.. Also..we didn't venture out of the "baseball realm" while there with the team.. Can anyone tell me what would be close to Westin..such as places to eat/shop??? I get my cities confused during baseball season and they kind of all run together..I remember a nice mall but it was quite a drive away..I'm looking for some places close since I'll be by myself..don't want to wander out too far..

by kxner

We just stayed at the Marriott, across the street from the Westin. There is a restaurant called Jalapeno Charlie's that we loved. We also enjoyed Pittypat's Porch (assuming it's open since the tornado). The aquarium is also a short walk and not to be missed. Be sure to miss eating at Ted's Montana Grill. It's was awful!! These are all in the immediate neighborhood. This was our first trip to Atlanta and We Loved It.

The subway MARTA is just down the street, too. It's safe, cheap, fast, clean ... we took it to and from the airport (and around the city as well) and had no problems.

Sorry, I don't know about the shopping ...

by jethanand

THe MARTA guide for popular destinations ...

by lfloyd

Thanks so much! I'll check those places.. I'll have my car but would rather find places I can walk to.. will be at the games in the evenings but nice to know there are some interesting places to eat that are close..

by balfor

Close by is an area called "Peachtree Center" that has some shopping and quite a few places to eat. I don't believe that they are open on sunday though. If you walk straight up from the Westin toward peachtree, there will be a number of eateries on Peachtree and as you continue down International there are about a dozen places or so. There is chinese, mexican, american and various other varieties of foods. There aren't too many shops along there, but there are some along peachtree. If you get to the marta Station at Peachtree center you can easily get to Lenox mall and Phipps Plaza for soem shopping. Phipps is a bit more upscale than Lenox. If you want to continue further up the North Springs line, you can get off at the Perimeter mall. There is LOTS of shopping both there and in the surrounding plazas.

by floydly

Thanks so much for the info.. It's been a couple of years since I've been there and I'm looking forward to a wonderful trip.. We have stayed at the Westin before but never made it up to the Sundial..I plan on making that a "must" this time..

Travel Tips for Atlanta

It seems as if Atlanta is...

by traveltom

It seems as if Atlanta is mostly made up of young business people. I went there expecting a large southern crowd and a lot of accents, I found a lot of people from New York and Ohio. Anywhere outside the city is very southern, though. One last tip, road rage in Atlanta is some of the worst in the U.S.

paces ferry

by doug48

paces ferry was located on the chattahoochee river between modern day buckhead and vinings in northwest atlanta. during the atlanta campaign on july 17 th 1864 general joseph hooker captured this position which allowed him to send troops into fulton county. hooker erected pontoon bridges on the chattahochee to transport troops and artillery into fulton county. this site was an important union position in the battle of atlanta. the site of paces ferry is worth a visit for students of civil war history.
paces ferry is located west of I-75 on paces ferry road near the town of vinings.

The Hand in Hand Pub

by balfor about Virginia Highlands

The hand in hand has the BEST patio that I've been to in Atlanta. They have somehow managed to capture a feeling on their patio, as well as inside the pub itself, that you are not in Atlanta Georgia, but rather somewhere in the UK. Oh sure, you still see American cars, hear American accents and all of the other details, but the place has a feel of being from elsewhere.

Their food is prepared very well, but is nothing fancy. The portions are good sized, though not huge, so you will definately not go away hungry should you decide to have something to eat along with a cold pint.

It is definitely a social place and not a dance club. Come here to have a few pints and enjoy old friends company or make new friends!

The only downside to the pub is that it is just a bit more expensive that other places nearby. It does have a good product, a great atmosphere and good service so in spite of being a little more costly, it is still a place I will chose over others. Casual, but you are in the Highlands so while eclectic dress is not unheard of, sloppy dress is not what you will see.

Rush hour sucks balls in Atlanta

by madmike13

A car is a must if you are anywhere outside of Atlanta, as most things are very far apart. Traffic sucks anywhere within a 30 mile radius of Atlanta between 7am-10am and 4pm-7pm. During those times Marta is usefull.

Comments