255 Courtland Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia, 30303, United States

Booking.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Confortable Business Hotel

I've stayed here a couple of times for a large convention that fills the hotel. Each time the hotel staff has done a superb job under extreme conditions! The executive floors are very comfortable and the food service is acceptable, although not the best I've seen. The food and bar service on the executive floors are of shorter duration than most.

The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. The city side view of the nearby buildings is dazzling!

Restaurants are almost always crowded which speaks to their desirablity. The snack shop is over priced, but has good selection of items.

Unique Quality: Connects to Marriott Marquis via overhead covered walkway, making it convenient and safe to enjoy the restaurants and bars in both hotels.

Valet parking not available!

Directions: In the Downtown Atlanta area directly across from the Marriott Marquis and Peachtree Center.

• hoofhearted's Profile Photo

Convention Hotel

I stayed here for a few days on a business trip in March, 2010. I really like all of the amenities available (restaurants, bars, fitness club, business center). And the location is very centrally located downtown.

Unique Quality: Rooftop restaurant, Nikola's. Didn't get to try it on this trip, maybe in May.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo

COMFORT AND AFFORDABLE

My latest trip to Atlanta was to attend my first residency for school. After seeing that my in-laws lived too far away from downtown Atlanta I decided to stay at the hotel the residency was being held in. I am so glad I did. I simply had to wake up at 7:00 each day to make it to my first 8 AM lecture. This gave me time to shower, get dressed and eat breakfast.

My room was really nice. I chose a room with a king size bed. There was a desk and chair, another chair with an ottoman, two nightstands, dresser and plenty of hangers. I was pleased with the large television. My room was on the 19th floor which allowed me to have a great view of Stone Mountain as well as the city. I didn't enjoy the elevator rides each day. These elevators where quite fast and each time they started and stopped my stomach got queasy. I used all the hair care products left for me each day. They were really nice. There was great water pressure in the shower.

The college provided us with a continental breakfast each morning as well as lunch. The food was really good. One evening a bunch of us gathered by the pool for wine and pizzas. The security guard came out and told us that we couldn't have bottles by the pool so we emptied them into our cups and discarded the bottles. It gave us a reason to drink more wine.

The gift shop here is like every other hotel gift shop. Way over priced with a bunch of touristy crap.

Unique Quality: Great view, staff was excellent.

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Beware of Cancellation Restrictions

Unique Quality: I travel quite frequently for my job and stay at Hilton properties whenever possible. I didn't not, however, book a room at this Hilton, because they have an absurd 3-day advance cancellation policy. This in not true of most Hilton properties - it's usually 24 hours - but for some reason, the owner of this Hilton franchise has tripled the standard.

If you are travelling for pleasure, and are unlikely to have your plans change at the last minute, this policy may not be an issue.

• Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

Great Deal on weekends

All major chain hotels downtown Atlanta are somehow old. I really don't know why. I stayed Friday and Saturday at the Hilton since the rate dropped to a half compared to weekdays. Very nice and huge hotel. Comfortable and with polite staff.

More about Hilton Atlanta

Good stay at the Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member gvr001

I just returned from a 3 night stay at the Hilton Atlanta. First, the positives:

1) The location is pretty good. It is around a 20 minute walk to the olympic park and to the CNN Building/Conference center, which isn't bad at all. There was shuttle service to the conference as well.

2) The staff were friendly and courteous. I arrived at 11 AM, and they let me check in early (normal check in time is 3PM). The concierge was helpful in getting info on transportation and restaurants.

3)There is a decent coffee shop in the lobby that is not too overpriced, and makes for a quick, affordable breakfast (however, the sandwhiches for lunch were NOT that good, and kinda expensive).

4) The rooms themselve are perfectly adequate. We had 2 double beds, which were comfortable, and the room was plenty spacious.

Negatives
1) The bathroom was tiny, and didn't have a fan, so it got very humid after a 3 minute hot shower. There was no sink outside the bathroom either.

2) They charge $7 for using the athletic facility, which seemed excessive. I simply jogged on the streets of Atlanta, and avoided this fee.

3) Overall, downtown Atlanta is not bad. However, depending on the nature of one's visit, and especially if travelling with a family, it might be preferrable to stay at Buckhead, especially if there is shuttle service to the conference center. Buckhead had much better restaurants, shopping, and is overall a nicer area. It is around 7 miles North of the city.

4) For the size of the room, the 18 inch TV was a little small.

All in all, this is a comfortable hotel, but without any luxury amenities. If one's business is downtown, or in the Peachtree conferece center, the location makes this hotel worthwhile. If I could not get a hotel in Buckhead, I would stay here again.

Hilton Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member sonjakay

First off, I had to stay because of a conference at a hotel one block away. I was a bit worried due to all the bad reviews. However, this was one of the best stays at a hotel. The staff was wonderful and helpful, the room was great and fresh smelling even though it was a smoking room, the location was perfect, and the four day stay was enjoyable. I don't know if booking through the hotel directly was a factor. I only know that I would be happy to stay again.

Where is the staff???

by TripAdvisor Member kiddogo

Got in late near midnight on a Sunday night during a rain shower. No one out front to open door let alone valet park. Not a sole in the lobby. Walked down to the front desk, no one behind the counter. Called out and someone came out. Asked about valet parking and was told no one showed up to work that night. He asked if I had an SUV, I did and he told me I had to drive it one block to another lot to park. He had no idea what the charge was. I asked for an umbrella, he did not have one

Was bumped to the executive floor. The room was nice but the fan sounded more like the roar of the engine on a MD-88. Bathroom was small. The next morning nice continental spread, but again, no Hilton staff to be found. Would not go out of my way to stay here again. The Embassy Suite at Centential Park is a much better Hilton property!

Enjoyed our stay - but couple of things could have been better

by TripAdvisor Member Odymom

We stayed at this hotel for one night (12/30) when we were in town to watch the Peach Bowl. We found a great deal - $190 for a room with double beds, Georgia Aquarium passes for four(value of $80), and buffet breakfast for four.

1) Hotel is very nicely decorated and spacious. All staff from doorman, bellhops, front desk, and cafe were friendly, professional, and attentive.

2) Room was nice. The beds, pillows, and linens were so comfortable.

3) The shower didn't work. However, because we stayed only one night, we didn't bother to get it fixed. Taking a bath was fine.

4) There were about 8 elevators to the guestrooms. However, when we got back to the hotel after the Peach Bowl game was over (around 10-ish), we found that the West Virgina band was checking in for the weekend. There were two longs lines of band members waiting for the elevators. We decided to wait in the lobby area until the lines go down. After waiting for about 20 minutes, we decided to go ahead and get in line, in case people were now returning from the ball game or concert. As I entered the line, I noticed that around the lines of band members, there appeared to be no waiting at all for the other 6 elevators. Apparently, two elevators were reserved for the band members' use. Or, rather, there were 6 elevators reserved for non-band members' use. Which is an excellent idea. I only wished that there were signs or hotel staff letting everyone know that. We could have been in our room 20 minutes earlier! And we were not the only customers feeling this way.

5) There was a long line of cars waiting to pay and exit the parking gargage. There was only one cashier working. They should have had two lanes open considering that it was the weekend for New Year's, the Peach Bowl, and the Sugar Bowl.

6) Thankfully, the band members did not eat breakfast at the hotel. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet. There were many food selections, and they were tasty and hot.

Overall, I enjoyed our stay at the Hilton. I would stay here again.

Great service, lovely staff!!!

by TripAdvisor Member BenBal

I went to Atlanta for business and stayed at the Comfort Inn Hotel in my first night (unfortunately)!!! Then I moved to Hilton with my colleagues and we stayed there for 8 days and it was absolutely a lovely stay. We felt like home. The hotel is very big, the rooms are quite big and comfortable. The staff was very polite and the food was great. Not to mention the bigggg American portions. One night I poured out black cherry juice on all my suit which I was planning to wear early in the morning. Late at night I called the reception and 5 minutes later my suit was taken from my room for dry cleaning and it was ready at 5 a.m in the morning, though it was not their working hours.. That was very polite of them. I will surely stay at this hotel again and recommend to everybody.

My favorite hotel in Downtown Atlanta

by TripAdvisor Member BJL

I stayed here while attending a trade show in January 2006. While it is less convenient to the AmericasMart than the Westin or the Marriott, I prefer it having stayed here twice now (and having stayed in the Marriott, the Westin and the Hyatt on different trips). If the weather is less than nice, you can easily navigate to the Mart by crossing the street, entering the Marriott and navigating from there through the mall.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was large, comfortable and clean. Also had a coffee maker (which I always consider a big plus), but if you ordered coffee and/or breakfast from room service, it was prompt.

I love Trader Vic's which is in the hotel downstairs. The Casablanca Bar in the lobby is nice. I made an accidental discovery this past visit when, having returned from dinner, I entered the wrong elevator and was whisked to the top floor where I found Nikolai's Roof restaurant & bar. The bar overlooks downtown Atlanta and is a great place for a nightcap. The restaurant is very pricey, though.

Comments