1031 Virginia Ave, Atlanta, Georgia, 30354, United States

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Hilton Atlanta Airport

Comfortable and Friendly!

by Yaqui about Hilton Atlanta Northeast

Stayed here for business travel. Was not disappointed. The building had gone through being remodeled. The rooms decor was updated and comfortable. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Would not mind if we stayed here again when we all visit. Audio/Visual Equipment Rental
Business Center
Photo Copying Service
Printer
Cribs
High chairs
For your comfort and convenience
Automated Teller (ATM)

Nikolai’s Roof

by musbars about Unforgettable Evening

Voted “Most Unforgettable Restaurant” in 2002 by Where Atlanta Magazine,
Nikolai’s Roof graces the 30th floor of Hilton Atlanta and offers a romantic
panoramic skyline view of the city.
The AAA Four Diamond restaurant has
a six-course menu and four-course menu featuring French Continental cuisine
with Russian influences created by Chef de Cuisine Johannes Klapdohr. Dramatic presentation.
A starter of seared foie gras atop mixed greens.
Lobster medallions over pasta are nearly flavorless, while red deer isn't assertive enough for game.
Perfectly grilled swordfish comes with truffle shavings that lacked earthy flavor.
The cheese course offers some respite, as does the glorious signature Grand Marnier souffle.

Good stay at Hilton

by TripAdvisor Member edleo13

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Atlanta Airport and Towers while we were in town for the SEC Championship game at the Georgia Dome. We wanted an alternative to the high priced downtown hotels that offered a comparable level of quality and the Hilton did not disappoint. The hotel is located less than a mile from the airport (just to the North) and only 10 minutes from Downtown Atlanta.

We stayed in a nicely appointed room on the 6th floor, facing North towards downtown. The Hilton Serenity Bed did not disappoint although the fancy Down Duvet was a little too warm for the outside temperature during our stay. The hotel's triple paned windows did a good job of keeping both the jet noise and cool Fall temperature out of the room. The Crabtree & Evelyn bathroom amenities were a nice touch. A/C is controlled by a thermostat - much better than a basic window unit.

Even though we did not stay on either of the Hotel's Towers (i.e. Executive) Floors, we were provided access to the Executive Lounge on the 17th floor due to my status with Hilton Honors. Each morning (until 10AM) the hotel provides a free complimentary breakfast in the Lounge.

On Saturday after the game, we dined at the Finish Line sports bar and were very satisfied. For $30, we go an appetizer, a couple of entrees, and access to approximately 10 TVs which were in view of our table. Very enjoyable. For those with other tastes, the hotel offers 2 other restaurants and a coffee bar for quick snacks. Ruby Tuesday's and fast food is just down the street on Virginia Avenue.

Only real negatives: $6/night self-parking for hotel guests. Access is restricted by a booth attendant. Seems uncalled for when the Hampton Inn and Red Roof Inns next door offer it for free. Secondly, while the windows did a good job of keeping out plane noise, the walls between the rooms are thin. Our first night, someone in the room next door was very audible while sitting on his bed and laughing at TV program.

Conclusion: Good stay and we'll likely return if the price is right.

Last Time!

by TripAdvisor Member itellitlikeitis

Well I never thought I would be talking BAD about this Hotel. I went back to the Atlanta Airport Hilton like I do once a year to see my two best Friends. I made my reservations back in May to save on the room rate. I paided net direct rates for three nights with tax my rate was $339.90 with my credit card, which ment if I did not come or I wanted to change days I couldn't for to get this rate I was locked in. I arrived at the Airport early on the morning of 7/28/06 and via the free Hilton shuttle bus ride from the Airport I arrived at the front desk of this Hilton around 10:30am I was told that my room wasn't going to be ready until 12:00 noon so I was to call back later or just come back. I took my bag over to the bell man who packed it in a closet for me when I returned from Downtown. Well I didn't come back until around 2:00pm. I walked back to the front desk and the same woman said can I help you. Yes I told her my name and the above story and she said (SORRY MR. ?) your room isn't ready a guest hasn't checked out, well I informed her thats not my problem!!! She then began to check for another room as I waited she said I have a 3rd floor smoking room, I informed her no I was about to show her my reservation offline stating I want ONLY A NON-SMOKING ROOM, and a HIGHER FLOOR between 17 and the 15th floors facing the Airport. See I'm a Freelance Photographer and I love a view. I was then given what I PAIDED FOR room 1621 as I took my leave of the front desk let me tell you I was TICKED off the one major problem I hate about most Hotels is the attitude they give to single people on Vacation!!! I got to my room all the way down the hall second door from the last on the left side of the hall. I opened the door and walked in. I opened the drapes and got a very good look at what I would be waking up to in the next several days. My room was VERY NICE a great King size bed, and the bathroom was nice also. I had a little trouble with the TV but after maintance came up everything was ok after that. The room 1621 has three windows it may be the second to the last room down at almost the need of a long hall way but for a Photographer it is heaven. Now back to why I will stay at another Hotel next year, for there are several in the area I could try. Like the (RENAISSANCE HOTEL) that is right in front of the runways. Or the (CROWNE PLAZA) that faces the Hilton. And others but I like upgraded Hotels with services in the Hotel so I don't have to walk outside or get a cab ride. Now back to the Hilton airport problems the Hotel booked 2-3 family reunions in the Hotel that weekend. Which ment a lot more people then most times. and during one of my shuttle rides I had just come back from taking a lot of photos in downtown Atlanta when I got back on the bus the driver is to ask if me the guest wants any water or a soda they have ice down drinks on the buses. And he didn't ask so I stood up and pulled out an ice cold water. and he said SIR its FULL SERVICE not SELF SERVICE and other guests on the bus laughed at me. I was to tried to say anything but I sat back with my cold water and relaxed. On Saturday night I went down to the restaurant to get some chicken wings to go, I sat at a table for 5 mins before I was helped I ordered my food and like most places I visit by myself. I saw my food come up on to the counter I was 15 feet away from my food but couldn't get it. For my waitress was with a group of 6 guests. I watched my food stay in the counter for about 10 minutes before she came back and brought me my dinner I checked the wings out they were still hot. I paided and gave a 20% tip why I don't know? I get to my room I opened my to go meal and there was no BBQ sauce so I had to go all the way down to FAST LANE on the lower lobby. I asked my waitress for the bbq sauce she said she was sorry I then went and had my now cold chicken dinner. Then Sunday came I had more photos to take Sunday morning and I came back around 2:00pm for my last friend was coming over at 3:00pm when about 2:30pm I noticed all the NEWSPAPERS I bought Yesterday were gone. They were on desk under a painting not on the FLOOR or in the TRASH CAN!!! I then heard a knock on the door my friend had arrived and I told him what happen he walked ot in the hall and up to the MAID my friend had several NEWSPAPERS on his desk and they aren't there she then checked her TRASH and bingo I had my papers back thanks to mY lawyer friend. Then It was Monday 7/31/06 my check out day I didn't have a flight out until 6:30pm I was hopeing to have a later check out? I went upstairs to the executive room were I had Oatmeal and rolls and a ginger ale for Breakfast. The morning started out fine until I went and got on the free computer, I was on it no longer then 10 mins when an Old man sitting behind be reading a newspaper I had noticed 5 mins before. As I turned looked ticked off I asked if he needed the computer he said yes I told him why didn't you speak up and he said I thought you saw me, I said I did but you were reading the Newspaper. And then it got UGLY the old guy left and I finished my work and left 5 mins later. It would have been a great idea if Hilton would have a sign stating how long a guest could use the computer, or a program that after 30 mins locked one out. I got back to my room and called the front desk to ask how long I could stay and I was given till 1:00pm so I went downstairs with my bags and checked them in and went downtown to see my friends once more before I would be leaving Atlanta. During the shuttle bus ride I over heard a Male guest talking with an Airline about having to get a flight out of Atlanta that day and how DISAPPOINTED he was in the Airport Hilton because no one called him for his walk up call. i know this letter is long but this is truly want happen and needed to told in full. Yours truly

Passing through Atlanta

by TripAdvisor Member AFrequentTraveller

Good location with frequent (every 10 minutes) shuttle to and from the airport but only to the south terminal for some reason. We found the service a bit poor and no-one seemed terribly motivated on eithe rof our stays.

Room was OK with comfortable bed but on both occassions the bathroom was dirty and in need of an update. Lounge is good with small selection of food and honor bar - great views of the airport. One PC available although you can pay for access in the business centre. Nice pool outside and also an indoor pool and gym.

We ate at the Finishing Line which was OK but Spondivits just down Virginia Avenue is a better bet for dinner - think casual seafood dining. There's also a great little hot dog place - turn left out of the hotel and its about a block down on the left hand side - fresh cooked dogs, wings and also a few chinese meals - great food and very cheap.

Very nice hotel and staff

I got a $99 nightly rate on this hotel, and you really get a great upper-class quality hotel here that makes it a good value. The staff was incredibly nice and most helpful, and everyone was happy and sure to greet us. It is 27 stories high, with a nice, but very expensive roof-top restaurant. My kids were most impressed with the glass elevators that go very fast. The place was an adventure for them all on it's own! There were a couple of inconveniences though: They charge you to park, and it costs $17.00! We had a roof-top cargo carrier on our van, and this wouldn't fit under the 6' clearance of the garage, so my husband had to park it a block away. (At a hilton owned Sheraton hotel) This hotel had adequate security, but walking off the property for a block in downtown Atlanta was a bit scary. (We were approached by a homeless person) The only other problem we had was with the air conditioning. Overnight, it seemed to stop cooling and it was very warm in the room. We did not report this though.
There was no refrigerator or microwave in the room, which is pretty standard now at most hotels, so we sort of missed having those in the room.
Beds were very comfortable, and extra pillows are already on the bed. Room very clean.
Overall, a very nice place to stay.

Our 3rd Stay... We just love this property

This is our 3rd stay at the Hilton ATL Airport. We were in town for another Braves game. I've been in Hotel Management and I am a GM in the Tourism Industry so I am very aware of the details and a little more judgemental than most.
Beautiful property and the value is great. Convient location to downtown. Pretty pool and good workout facility. The hotel staff smiles and says hello when they pass in the hall and were very accommodating. Rooms oversized and nicely furnished. Nice beds w/duvets and lots of fluffy pillows. Housekeeping good. Breakfast buffet is excellent with great, friendly service. My only "gripe" is about the smoking vs. non-smoking rooms- they need to segregate smoking rooms as the smell permeates the hallways (if near a smoking room). Fast elevators - always appreciated with a big hotel. I did not want to check out... We'll be back!

So-so hotel...

This hotel left a lot to be desired...I was in Atlanta with several colleagues for a conference that had MANY guests at the hotel. Our rooms (4 of them) were booked in March but when we arrived on 6/12 - one of the rooms was smoking and one had double beds when I'd booked all of them non-smoking King rooms...front desk was very rude but finally "upgraded" the smoking room after 3 calls and rude comments by staff. (It really wasn't much different but didn't smell of smoke so that's all the mattered). The beds were very comfy and the concierge was very helpful in finding good restaurants, the girls at the Starbucks/Cafe were always pleasant and helpful. The day we checked out was awful...because SO many people were staying there and attending the same conference the elevators were backed up forever!!! (20+ waits to get an elevator) One friend walked down from the 15th floor with her suitcase! Also, they didn't give us the express check-out so we had to stand in line from 7:30 -8:50 to get the receipt to turn into our employer!! Our friend on the 15th floor had gotten her express checkout but we didn't so we - along with a lot of others - had to wait and ended up being over an hour late to the conference. I didn't pay for the stay since it was work related, which is a good thing because I would've been really irritated.

Welcoming

Friendly shuttle driver and check-in. There were some conferences there and the hotel felt very active. The "finish line" restaurant is quick and easy when you arrive.

The bed was great, but the bathroom could use some updating.

I would stay here again. Very close to the airport for early morning departures.

Very nice

by TripAdvisor Member Hello_It's_Me_11

Short background...After booking into and staying 1 night at the Downtown Travelodge (the worst hotel in Atlanta) I was desparate to find another hotel anywhere in the area for the remainder of my week-long stay. I was there during the Gift Market so most hotels downtown were booked and those that were free were very expensive. I found out that the MARTA train ran from the airport directly to the Market so I decided to do what a lot of people do; stay at the airport.

I used Hotwire and booked a 4 star hotel for about $80 a night with taxes. It turned out to be the Hilton.

The room was a decent size and the bed very comfortable. The room was clean although the bathroom shower could use a better scrubbing. I was able to check-in at 8am and get to my room which was great. No plane noise even thought it's very close to the airport. Everyone there was very nice, too.

My only complaint relates to the airport shuttle. It picks up to go TO the airport down on the bottom level and the shuttle FROM the airport is on the 2nd level. The sign is very small telling you to go downstairs so I ended up waiting at the wrong place for about 10 minutes. I don't know if I missed the outbound shuttle at that point but the wait was longer than the 10-15 minutes they advertise when I got the right place. Also, checkout is on the 2nd floor and the elevator is on the other side of the lobby and it's a pain to drag your suitcases around so much. Some people were taking them down an escalator but I didn't think that was a good idea. Also, the shuttle is very crowded and was standing room on the way back from the airport. They need more and more frequent shuttles.

Comments