Hilton Suites Atlanta Perimeter

6120 Peachtree Dunwoody Road, (formerly Doubletree), Atlanta, Georgia, 30328-4513, United States
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites
Booking.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 20% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hilton Suites Atlanta Perimeter

Renovations needed badly...

by TripAdvisor Member SpoiledTraveler

We stayed for a week from 4-17 to 4-21, 2006. The hotel looks a lot better than the photos the hotel has on its website. They're smart to make some renovations, since this hotel needs it badly. The furniture and bathroom need updating tremendously. There is mildew in the shower, the fixtures are outdated, and the furniture was dirty. As for the service, the front desk is okay, but be aware of the untimely shuttle service. I waited for the shuttle service to pick me up late in the afternoon for 1 1/2 hours, and it never came! Apparently, the traffic is horrible in that area during rush hours. Plan ahead if you want to use the shuttle service. The buffet breakfast at the hotel restaurant was the worst I ever had for the price. The surrounding area is really good for shopping and restaurants.

Just a Disaster

by TripAdvisor Member Fsuga

I've never stayed at a Doubletree that I wanted to leave as soon as I stepped foot in the place until now. This hotel is a dump. That's the only way I can describe it. It looks like it might have been a retirement home 50 years ago, and it even has that old person home smell to it. There is no water pressure in the bathroom which drives me nuts. Nevermind the fact the toilet took a very long time to flush. But worst of all were the carpets. My first room turned my socks black in less than 15 minutes, so I asked for another room. Same thing. Just disgusting. Avoid this mess. I only paid 42 a night on priceline and felt I got taken. Usually you can get the Marriott Marquis in Midtown for 55 a night on there, but I wanted to be closer to highway 400. Never again.

One of the best hotels i've stayed at in Atlanta!

by TripAdvisor Member alictf

was a little worried after booking and then reading some of the reviews on here. But we were VERY happy with this hotel.

I got a GREAT price on priceline for this hotel. The location was excellent, close to all kinds of stores and restaurants (perimeter mall). easy access to interstates. The room was clean, loved that it had a den, separated from the bedroom. the bed was huge and very comfortable. VERY nice big televisions in both rooms. also liked that the sink and mirror area was separated from the shower area - and the water pressure was good. ... had a microwave and refrigerator.

this must of been one of the newly renovated rooms, they are still renovating, but the only way i knew this is we went to a different floor to get ice and saw some construction.

the people at the front desk were friendly, and my younger sister appreciated the warm cookie at checkin.

didn't use the pool but it looked nice, indoor and outdoor pool, and a hottub!

also close to a marta station. will definitly stay there again!

Great Experience!!

We rented 2 jacuzzi suites to celebrate a close friend's 40th Birthday who lives in Atlanta. We travelled from Florida for the occasion. From check in to check out was a very nice experience. Checking in was a breeze, the lady at the counter was sooo polite and courteous - told us we were gonna love the room, recently rennovated. We were quite early checking in but she told us it would be ready in about 30 minutes or so, before we even got out of the lobby she motioned us over and told us it was ready. Warm cookies were a surprise at check in and pretty darn good. She was right, the suite was awesome - bright, spacious and modern. I will say the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept on - very plush. Our guest in the other suite, the birthday girl, was just as pleased. Very nice indoor / outdoor pool. The hotel was still being rennovated, but minimal impact.
Only issue is the restaurant was closed, however the bartender told us if we'd like to sit at a table in the bar we could be served. We did, and I'm glad - the meal was very good. We were soon joined by others who also dined in the bar.
We travel to Atlanta often, and when possible - we will continue to stay here. Oh, and did I mention - GREAT PRICE!!!!! I have stayed at hotels costing 3 times as much that couldn't even compare with this one.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member tomc460

I travel quite frequently for work. I stayed at this hotel for four days. I must say that this is one of the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the suite was very modern and clean. The suite has 2 flat screen tv's, desk, refrig, microwave, belcony. It is walking distance to a few restaurants and stores. Next time I go to Atlanta I will be sure to stay there.

This is a fantastic deal!!!

by TripAdvisor Member PTWGETTY

I stayed at the Double Tree (now Hilton Suites) for 13 days in July/August. This was a combination business and vacation with my family. The accomodations cannot be beat for the price (or higher price). We had a king family suite. The King bed and the murphy bed were very very comfortable. The sofa bed was typical but just fine for my 6 year old. We hit the hotel while it was transitioning to Hilton Suites but the transition is nearly seamless. There was no impact on services. The staff is mostly helpful (only one crabby desk clerk). The furniture was in great condition and everything was very very clean. The bedroom and living romm each had Big flat screen TV's. The Dunwoody Grille food was decent. My bet is that after they complete the transition to Hilton Suites the price will go up to over $200 per night. We paid close to $100 with the AAA discount.

Now Hilton Suites, great stay!

by TripAdvisor Member coachdog1

Stayed this past weekend at the Doubletree\Hilton Suites and was impressed with the changes that have taken place.

The hotel is still in the process of changing from Doubletree to Hilton Suites, but there was any interruption in service. Still some work going on, but for the most part it appears that the majority of the work has been completed.

The room was in great shape. The room had new carpet, tile, fixtures and furnishings. New flat screen TV in the sitting area, along with a wet bar area which contained a fridge and microwave. Sleeper sofa and chair in sitting room were comfy. Plenty of lighting and cordless phone were nice touches.
The desk and desk chair were very comfortable and there is plenty of room to work.
New beds and bedding were good quality and also comfortable. Plenty of closet and drawer space in the bedroom. Nice TV and clock radio as well.
The suites are pretty spacious and the layout is nice. The double doors that separate the bedroom from the living area have glass panels, and sheer drapes. I would prefer the drapes on the doors to be heavier, so you could use the sitting area and not disturb someone who was sleeping.

They have done a great job in renovating the rooms here. There was also a small balcony off each room.

Ordered room service for breakfast one morning, and the food was good, delivered quickly. Price was inline with most room service menus.

Did not check out the pool or workout room.

My only complaint would be the fact that there are only 2 elevators, and they are very slow. One was out of service for part of the day, and it made the wait even longer. There also appears to be a shortage of parking. If you get to the hotel too late in the evening and they are busy, you may have a hard time finding a place to park.
Other than these two things, this was a very pleasant stay and I would not hesitate to stay here again when in Atlanta. I found the location to be pretty good for getting to most places in the Atlanta area.

In-transition: overcrowded and understaffed.

by TripAdvisor Member NavyDawg

Yes, it is a hotel in transition from Doubletree Suites to Hilton Suites. And, yes, the rooms are nice for a mid-range all-suite property (much nicer than the Embassy Suites just around the corner). Maybe it was the fact that it was Labor Day weekend and not only was there a youth soccer tournament invading the entire city, but an adult tennis tournament (this was the host hotel) and a LARGE family reunion. Needless to say, the hotel was crowded with both adults and children, and the staff *could not* handle it. Public areas were dirty, the pool was down-right filthy with kids playing un-chaperoned and absoultely destoying the pool deck and hot tub. The breakfast service was chaotic with little or no hot food left and any type of service completely absent. It was so bad that we skipped the complimentary breakfast on Sunday and paid to eat out. They "forgot" our wake-up call one morning (unfortunately sleeping until almost 10:00am). Parking is TIGHT, get there early and don't move your car. Front desk staff was lackadaisical about our complaints. Essentially their response to every complaint was 1) the hotel is full, 2) we can't control the kids, and 3) we're under a transition and construction. Wasn't until Monday a.m. that a supervisor finally addressed our complaints. As a Hilton Honors Diamond Member, I was appalled at this level of overwhelming confusion and lack of attention to detail. Having said all this, let me now follow with what could be probably be expected on a normal weekend. Once constuction is finally finished, the public areas will be very nice. The rooms are modern, with nice touched like a desk area, and flat screen TV. It is extremely convenient to Perimeter Mall. It has easy access to I-285 and GA 400. On a non-holiday weekend, without multiple parties/conventions filling the property, it could be a nice quiet stay. But all in all - would I stay here again? Very doubtful. My single biggest complaint is with the staff. It's not that they didn't care - they just didn't seem to understand what to do when they have a full hotel. And no one appeared empowered to solve any problem - no matter how small it might have been. There's a Hilton Garden Inn nearby that looks pretty darn nice. Wished we had stayed there. Perhaps after the transition is complete, management will do better in training staff in the "Hilton" way - not the "Doubletree" way.

Misleading

by TripAdvisor Member palassml

The accomodations were nice, but their website is misleading. I stayed at this hotel for business, and according the the website they offer "Complimentary" internet access in the rooms. Much to my dismay, when I arrived I discovered internet access was $10 a night. I changed reservations to the Comfort Suites next door which had Free internet access, Free continental breakfast, and M-TH they had a "Manager's Special" including Free cookies and beer. Rooms there were a little less extravagent, but it was cheaper and much more bang for the buck!!

Great suites at a great price!

by TripAdvisor Member denevemarie

This hotel was recently renovated as the previous posters have mentioned. The renovations are modern and comfortable! I was very impressed with the suite, and by booking with Priceline, I was even more pleased with the great deal!

I had a suite with sitting area and plasma t.v., large working desk with comfortable chair, balcony, wet bar with fridge and microwave, and a bedroom seperated by french doors. There was a bay window in the bedroom area with another plasma t.v. and large roomy bathroom. The bed and pillows were especially comfy.

The food in the restaurant was average hotel fare, but the waiter and bartender were very pleasant and accommadating. The bartender gave me a glass of wine on the house and the waiter gave me a dessert to take back to my room! Very nice!

This hotel is situated within a few blocks of Perimeter Mall, with tons of restaurants and shopping. Free shuttle service is available. The location is north of Atlanta.

My only complaint is that the business center charged for internet usage, and it was pretty expensive.

Other than that, I was very pleased! Check in and check out were quick and painless.

I'm looking forward to another relaxing stay at the new Hilton Suites!

Comments