3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Expedia.com IHG Booking.com

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Ritaroni's Profile Photo

Charming and Not Expensive

Very European style hotel, not very expensive, tiny bathrooms, but very charming. Wonderful bar in the lobby.

To Book by Phone Call
    1 877 424 4225

Directions: Across the street from the Fox Theater.

• mookster's Profile Photo

Cute Boutique Hotel

We spent one night at Hotel Indigo. The staff were very couteous and helpful, addressed me by name. Hotel Indigo being part of the Intercontinental group definitely lives up to its parent company's reputation. We were in a queen room, the room was very cute and modern...but this being a "boutique" hotel the room was also very small. Especially the bathroom. Although small, it has all your standard amenity.

Unique Quality: My favourite part about the hotel is that it is located right across from the Fox Theatre and very close to a MARTA station, makes getting there very easy for those not renting a car.

Directions: Midtown Atlanta - about two blocks from North Ave MARTA Station

• CC81's Profile Photo

Nice place to stay

I stayed just for 1 night and the hotel was quite comfortable. It was not that expensive, and it was close to the Marta Station and many restaurants and bars.

More about Hotel Indigo Atlanta

Disappointed

I was unfortunately a disappointed by the Indigo also. I love boutique hotels but this one just seemed cold. The rooms are tiny--not just small but tiny, even by NY or European standards. There was barely enough room to walk around the huge bed and virtually no place to put luggage. The bathroom was beyond tiny--I am not a huge person and there was barely enough room to stand between the sink and toilet. The entire hotel is also quite loud. The rooms and halls have hardwood floors with very few rugs--it is loud everytime someone walks down the hall. Also the doors and walls seem to be exceptionally thin. Hotel staff as friendly--allowed me to check in early and the general neighborhood is nice. Decor was cute, although the Nantucket theme felt a bit out of place in Atlanta. I would not stay at this Indigo again and will try to avoid other Indigos in the future--too bad.

Charged on two cards, TINY rooms

by TripAdvisor Member Traveljuju

We stayed here for two nights and were generally pleased except for one large mistake by the front desk. I reserved my room with one credit card, then, upon arrival left a different one to have the room charged to. We checked out and had the room fully charged to the second card. I am home two days later and received an email from a separate merchant that my credit card had declined (this is the first card I only held the hotel with). I called my card company and they informed me that the Hotel Indigo charged the card. I asked if it was just an authorization and they said no, it was actually charged. I called Hotel Indigo and was met with complete disrespect. No apologies. The man said it was just a pre-authorization even though I explained that my credit card company has it as an actual charge. He didn't take my info to give the manager until I asked him to...kept trying to get off the phone without getting my basic info (phone number to call me back, etc.) and actually laughed at me like I was ridiculous for trying to give him my cell to call me back (unless he was laughing at something else...but even then...rude). He said the manager would not be in until 3pm.
I stay at hotels frequently for business and leisure, and this kind of poor customer service definitely will keep people from returning. Very annoying. We had our small dogs with us and usually stay at the Four Seasons or the Westin Buckhead, but thought we would give the Indigo a try. After this, we will not return and will stay at our old favorites for future trips.
The other staff were nice, cute hotel with fun theme and great location, but SMALLEST rooms and bathrooms I have ever stayed in in the US. Actually, smaller than the rooms I have stayed in Paris and other European cities as well. They are well planned for the space, but there are larger rooms to be had in Atlanta for the same price if this is an issue for you. Nice doggie cocktail hour on Tuesdays.
I would have been on the fence about staying here again due to the tiny rooms, no pay per view movies available and mediocre room service vs. dog friendly, cute decor and generally nice staff, but after the rudeness of the man I just spoke to about a charge on a card that was not even supposed to be used, NO WAY. Too bad one rotten apple has to spoil the whole experience.

Fantastic rooms, thoughtful staff

by TripAdvisor Member LauraCrab

Apparently this hotel chain is expanding, which is great, because I never want to stay anywhere else. The hotel decor was funky and beautiful, and there were lovely thoughtful details everywhere (there's a haiku for everything!). The rooms were scented, and soft music was playing in each as we walked in. The staff was amazingly helpful; we asked about restaurant recommendations and the clerk immediately got us reservations at a great restaurant. The rooms are a bit small, but so well appointed it's not a problem for short stays. I'm thoroughly impressed!

Very up-to-date

My 3 kids and I took advantage of my husband's business trip to Atlanta, so I try not to complain about the rooms or amenities. The Hotel Indigo has just been updated and everything was especially clean and nice. They have great color schemes and all the people that we met that worked there were super friendly. Our only complaint is that the rooms were teeny tiny small. How they managed to get two double beds in the room is beyond me. The shower is huge, but there was barely enough room to stand in front of the sink and brush your teeth without hitting the toilet with the back of your legs. The management is well aware of this and had very cute Haikus (poems) posted in different places in the room. The floors were a laminate which is great for those who suffer from allergies. I would stay here again, but would not put more than 2 people in the room.

Be careful

by TripAdvisor Member zzkk

Pros:
Cheap, excellent location, nice lobby, nicely furnished rooms, free room internet, free WIFI in lobby

Cons:
Microscopic bathroom,. AC blows onto bed (room 705), front desk staff unfriendly and unhelpful (and overworked), aweful pillows, expenive parking

Surprise gem of a hotel in Midtown Atlanta

by TripAdvisor Member ShareBear

July 2-3,2006
We walked into the Hotel Indigo, Midtown Atlanta & were pleasantly surprised. The decor looks as if you are walking into a hotel in Key West, lime green, blue & white & the hotel's pet dog, Indie, was in his chair in the lobby. Peter was on duty at the desk, we were greeted immediately & our check in was very quick( I had booked our room on the Hotel Indigo web-site before our arrival).
The room decor was the same as the lobby, the room wasn't as small as we had expected after reading many reviews. The bed was very comfy, the room also had a CD player/alarm clock, wicker TV stand/ clothes amoire & small coffee pot. The bath is very small, but a large mirror & shelf is outside the bathroom door for hairdrying, make-up etc. There are Aveda bath products which was a plus for me. We were on the 3rd floor facing Peachtree & the traffic noise at night was loud, but that's in any big city, so if you're a lite sleeper I think I'd request a room at the back of the hotel.
The coffee bar in the lobby serves Starbucks which was perfect to take outside to the patio area for great people watching. The hotel is within walking distance to several good restaurants also. We would definitely stay here again on our next visit.

Cool and Calming

by TripAdvisor Member Hawkwild

I stayed here while attending a wedding held across the street in a ballroom at the Fox Theatre.

The room was quite lovely. Everything was done in peaceful blues and greens, and it very much reminded me of a house on the beach. The linens and towels were high quality and the bath products were lovely. The only complaint I could make would be that the bathrooms are quite small. In fact, the vanity/counter is actually in the entryway of the room and the bathroom contains only a sink, toilet and shower.

The staff was quite helpful, in particular the housekeeper, who stayed late to refresh my room when inclement weather kept me inside in the hours before the evening wedding. As I was leaving for the ceremony, she was fairy obviously packing up for the day, but refreshed my room nonetheless (I had earlier declined service as I was occupying the room reading and whatnot).

The location is very convenient to Midtown and only a block from the MARTA station (North Avenue). Recommended.

Comments