265 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia, 30303-1294, United States

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Good Downtown Choice

This is a large, convention-oriented hotel, located on the Northern limits of downtown. It has three different towers, each with its own set of elevators, which cuts down on traffic going up or down. I stayed in the International Tower and had a very spacious corner room except for the bathroom, which was quite cramped.

• kbl's Profile Photo

Hyatt Regency

Stayed in the hotel when visiting a conference. Very comfoirtable and spacious rooms. The bartender's service was excellent!

Unique Quality: Next to the restaurants and shops. 2 blocks away from the parc and 3 blocks away from the convention centre.

More about Hyatt Regency Atlanta

The Hyatt Regency Atlanta

by traveldave

The 1,260-room Hyatt Regency Atlanta was the first contemporary atrium hotel in the world. Designed by Atlanta architect John Portman, the hotel is most known for its 22-story, skylit atrium with glass elevators. It is a tourist attraction in its own right.

Located in the heart of Atlanta's hotel district, the Hyatt Regency Atlanta caters mainly to business travelers, offering 180,000 square feet (16,723 square meters) of ballroom, exhibit, meeting, and hospitality space.

The hotel has recently undergone a $22,000,000 renovation to make a stay a more comfortable and enjoyable experience. Guests and visitors can enjoy a ride in the atrium's glass elevators to the roof-level revolving restaurant for a spectacular view of downtown and Midtown Atlanta.

Great location - Great Service

Our family joined with another and stayed at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta Downtown for a Braves/Six Flags weekend. The hotel staff was exceptional. Rooms were neat and clean. We did request "adjoining rooms" and were given rooms that were right next to each other. However, it was not a big problem. Next time would ask for connecting rooms. Did not have any difficulty with this hotel what so ever.

Not worth it

I stayed at the Hyatt regency atlanta for a conference. I requested a non smoking king room. I arrived at the hotel at 4:30 Pm and was told that my room was not available, but they said that they could put me in a king handicapped room in the atrium which was all non smoking. I asked if the room was quiet, and was told yes. When I went up to my room, it smelled of smoke and was across from the elevator. The room was old looking, and was not clean. (There was a candy wrapper on the floor and the bathtub was dirty). When I returned to my room at night, I could not sleep because it was so noisy from people talking at the elevator. The next morning I complained and they told me to leave my luggage and they would find me a new room. I was given a room in the international tower. This second room smelled worse then the first room (also Non smoking), and it was next to the elevator again. I again complained and was moved to another room in the atrium which had two double beds, but the room was cleaner, and did not smell. I was very disappointed. This is not that type of service you should expect from a Hyatt. I would not stay here again

Disappointed

I was excited that a conference brought me to the Hyatt Regency in downtown Atlanta. Since the Olympics were less than a decade ago, I was prepared for a plush experience. I was disappointed when I arrived, though. The hotel decor was dated, the room size and furnishings were ordinary. If I didn't know better, I could have mistaken my room for an everyday motel. Given the cost of a night's stay, the experience should have been better than ordinary.

Location! Location! Location!

by TripAdvisor Member Travelinheart

I'm a Georgia native, we stayed at this hotel during the Falcons playoffs just to be in the 'mix'. Hotel is very convienient to downtown venues. It's also connected to Peachtree Center food court which has alot of convienient eateries,bookstores etc... I will have to say the hotel room was small. Room was clean. I was in the Ivy tower - I think if me and the next door guest would have come our rooms at the same time we would have bumped heads. It's not what I would expect for a $200 a night hotel. I got a great deal on Priceline, I would have been severely dissapointed had I paid full price. The staff was nice - easy check in. Again if you're looking for a good location - then this is the spot.

good location, but a parking problem

by TripAdvisor Member bigbluefan

We stayed here for a convention two weeks ago. Our room was nice and large and comfortable, it was in the tower section. The hotel is in a good location for walking to eat, and doing a little shopping.Now for the negatives-there is not alot of parking available so valet is your choice(20.00 a day) unless you self park several blocks away.We checked out on Saturday morning and on arriving home discovered our vehicle had been hit by the lovely bright yellow parking post in the garage at the hotel.I'm not saying this was deliberate but whoever did the parking had to have known that it was hit and should have been upfront about it.Needless to say always check your vehicle before leaving the garage.

Sleepless in Atlanta

I stayed at this Hyatt last year and had a variety of problems. I chalked it up to "bad luck" and decided to give it a second try on a recent business trip. I have learned that this property is not worth a second chance. The rooms are average although relatively clean except for the bathroom which looks very dated - like one from a cheap motel circa 1978. An impressive layer of dark green mildew was growing around the bathtub. Apparently, Tilex has not penetrated the Atlanta market just yet, at least not at the Hyatt. However, my biggest issue is with the NOISE. The rooms in the main tower open to the atrium which contains a variety of restaurants and bars. The drone of loud yelling, laughing and general craziness lasted until 1:35AM. I am a light sleeper and could not fall asleep from the noise. Once the crowd finally dispersed, the sound of slamming doors echoed for the next hour. The walls are thin and I could hear the guests in the adjoining room enter at 2AM and their conversation lasted till past 3. The sleep deprivation left me numb for my AM meeting. I will stay elsewhere next time.

Noisy, Noisy, Noisy!!!

If you want to get some rest, DO NOT stay at this hotel. I was attending a week long training with the U.S. Dept. of Education and booked a room at the Hyatt. Unfortunately for me, there was a national convention of Coca Cola Employees staying there at the same time. These people were rude and noisy as heck. My room was in the atrium and I could hear everything from the bar located downstairs on the ground floor. I phoned the manager at 3am to see if there was anything he could do about the noise level and he did try to get the noise level down. I mentioned the noise to the front desk staff and they asked if I wanted to change rooms. No thank you, because if I have to change rooms, then I need to change hotels.

Comments