3315 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, Georgia, 30326, United States

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
InterContinental Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Lovely Hotel

I have stayed in this hotel on several occassions when business required that I stay in the Buckhead aread. The hotel is indeed lovely! On several stays I was on the Concierge Level which provided a very nice breakfast and cocktail service.

This hotel seems to be one of the preferred by the young and famous. (On separate occasions we have seen a current hip hop artist and super model.) The lobby bar area is lively and fun, although a bit noisy for me.

The front desk personell are generous with their upgrades in accomodations, and the staff is friendly and polite.

Unique Quality: Lovely hotel in general. The pool was a disappointment though. It was shaded for most of the early afternoon, and was not heated, making it too cold for fun in mild or hot weather.

Directions: Buckhead Atlanta

More about Intercontinental Buckhead

Great Hotel... Love it.

My wife I stay at the hotel for 2 nights. We got a great package deal with Hotwire, it included hotel, car, and Plane. We love the hotel and the service was great. Our room was great and spacious. Bathroom is excellent, with great tub and shower.

This is what we did not like:
Valet prices are too high $24.00 overnight. Also you have to pay for internet, did not like that. $10.00 for 24 hours and you have to pay for wireless, same price.

I truly recommend it.

Would recommend this hotel

Beautiful rooms,spacious and nicely decorated with wonderful huge windows .Excellent bed with linens to match.Large ,well equipped, bathroomswith marble floors,seperate shower stall with frameless shower door. Hotel itself has a fairly grand feeling,wide halls ,wonderful lighting with gorgeous light fixtures,high,high ceilings, mouldings,and the list just goes on and on,but I do have two complaints.On checkin,at the front desk, we had a rude young man with attitude deal with us.Hotels should be careful with whom they position at the front because it makes an initial impression with the customer. Aside from that staff member ,I have to say everyone else from the restaurant ,bar,concierge and front door staff were above average.The other disappointing issue with me was the fact that there is only one restaurant in the hotel.It is very nice though,has a cute theme to it ,and the food is, well, satisfactory.By the way ,another very nice touch this place has, is nightly entertainment.Well I think it is nightly,we were there on a Thurs.,Fri and Sat. night. Anyhow ,I would recommend this hotel and would definetly book it again.Enjoy!!

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member evanskl4

Just returned from a 2-night stay. This is a beautiful hotel with wonderful service.

The gym is small but state of the art. Great treadmills with your own TV screen.

Great location, can walk to Lenox. They also have a courtesy driver that will take you anywhere within a 2-mile radius.

My only qualms are that the fees are a bit outrageous, and also that tips seem to be expected for everything. I always tip, but there were a couple of times I was caught without change, and I did see some dirty looks sent our way when that happened. That being said, most of the staff are extremely helpful, and there is really nothing lacking here.

Not impressed

We usually stay at the Grand Hyatt, but this trip we stayed at the InterCont. bcs it was were the function was we were attending. We came in town for a function and ended up staying 1 week+ due to evacuations in our city in FL. As you enter, the hotel is beautiful and so was our suite, but that's as far as it went.... Usually we stay in suites so we can have one room, our son can have one room and our daughter can sleep on the pullout- BUT there was no pullout. She slept on a tiny narrow hard sofa for a week, bless her heart. The beds were comfortable but with a feather top mattress and a feather cover we woke up many times drenched in sweat. Our room could never get cool enough anyway. We kept the temp on 60 in our room and it was still warm and kept the other bedroom on 74 bcs it was freezing in my son's room. We asked housekeeping for extra washclothes one day and they brought a stack, but the next day they took them all back. The mini bar was never restocked and housekeeping took a bathroom trash can- I had to ask the front desk to correct all of this, twice. They do allow pets, which was nice since we traveled with our puppy, but one morning I fortgot my key after taking our dog out and they treated me like some bum off the street when I asked for another key, they even called security bcs I didn't have ID, yet I could varify all the info in their computer!! Don't even get me started on valet parking- unorganized and often was not running properly and was always behind and backed up. The food was so-so (really good a tthe fuction but the in-room menu was yuck!) and yet very pricey. The walls are paper thin. I felt like we were staying in a party hotel- drunk yuppies everywhere, doors slamming all hours of the night, same sex couples making out in the elevator while I was with my 3 yr old!!! It was a nightmare. The only polite workers there were the 2 my husband tipped $20- so we bought their manners. We will never stay there again, its back to the quiet, classy, elite GH for us. We wasted too much money there on food, tips, the room, etc.

Very good, with some small changes could be great!

by TripAdvisor Member merlin4565

First, I should disclose I live in the Atlanta area but was put up here two nights due to a conference held in the hotel. I travel very often and stay in about 40 different hotels per year. Oh, and to the reviewer from Irvine, I'm from San Diego and I don't find Atlanta to be that bad. But I digress.

This hotel has the advantage of being nearly new, so almost every surface is clean and gleaming. In fact they were celebrating one year of operation during my stay. The lobby and grounds in general are impeccable, even the carpet (as expected) looks just installed.

Once in the room I was surprised to discover the room was smallish. Certainly average to below average size. Perhaps my room was worse than most but I was dissapointed. Compounding the cramped feel was a tiny tube TV in a large cabinet. Such a new and expensive hotel deserves larger LCD TV's in my opinion.

My mood brightened considerably when I entered the bathroom. Large and well done, with pleasing marble on the floor and shower and dark granite accents all around. The heavy glass shower doors were a bonus and the separte tub a nice touch.

Being a social loser, I ordered room service both nights I was there. I was treated to probably the best room service meals ever. I have stayed in top hotels in Maui, Chicago, and New York, and I would put the food in this hotel up with the best. The second night I indulged in a burger, and although not a gourmet choice it was outstanding, one of the best burgers I have ever had anywhere. Considering the cost of the room I didn't find the food prices to be out of line.

One night after dinner I wandered down to the bar and was greeted by live music which was quite good. Evidentailly this is available every night and is a nice bonus.

A big advantage of this hotel is location. Walk to Lenox and Phipps Plaza, among the best malls in metro Atlanta. The train station (Marta) is only a block and a half away, providing extremely easy access to the airport and other attractions downtown. Finally, you are near Peidmont Ave, home of some excellent resturants within easy walking distance. I would recommend this as one of the best locations in Atlanta.

There were two big negatives which hurt this hotel and took away a top rating. First, the walls are poorly insulated allowing one to hear everything in the room next to you. I was actually awoken by a rather loud snoring next door, and I could clearly hear converstaion in the other room. Whoever built this place as a 5-star hotel should be sued and then keel-hauled for shoddy construction, there is no excuse for this type of noise when the walls in a Hampton Inn are quieter!

Second, I experienced a couple houskeeping missteps. One of the bath towels had a dead spider on it, and another the next day had a long black hair on the outside! This was a white towel, can you please look at the towels prior to hanging?

In sum, a nice place. Bring earplugs, and let's hope the houskeeping manager is fired so we can justify a 5 star mark.

Weekend in Atlanta...

by TripAdvisor Member Royiv

My girlfriend and I met in Atlanta for a weekend and picked a 4.5 star hotel from hotwire. For $250 for two nights, we received the Intercontinental and we could not have been more pleased with the value we paid for. The staff was extremely polite and accomodating and the standard room was very nice for a top-notch hotel. We especially enjoyed the separate bathtub and shower in the bathroom and the fitness center had excellent equipment for a hotel. Our only complaint, albeit somewhat minor, would be about the room service. We returned from a concert around midnight and ordered a late dinner and found it to be very mediocre. At that time of night, I don't expect any property to have 5 star meal, but I also don't want to find myself wishing I had stopped at IHOP on the way home. This is the only thing that that keeps me from rating this hotel as a 5 star property.

Superb. Inter Continental , Atlanta

by TripAdvisor Member demo

After almost 6 straight years staying at The Ritz, Buckhead we needed a new venue. This new property far exceeds the "dated" and former great Ritz.

1> Many former Ritz folks are here, the staff is far better and truly service - oriented. No attitudes.

2> Last two vists, Ritz, rooms and baths are dated and needed a serious remodel, even the Club Floor had slipped: rooms and food had been cut back while rates soeared to > $450 a night.

3> Inter Cont. had far superb rooms, half the price beteer service, superb baths, shower and a bath, and a far better spa.

4> Room service was on time every day on the minute superb, and no excuses, order bkft. at 7 am you get it at 6:59 and a call ahead notice!

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ukguy1

We stayed here at the end of our three weeks in the US, and it was a fantastic hotel to finish off with. As it is just over a year old now (6 months at the time), it has the beneifts of being new and of a high physical standard. All the staff were friendly and helpful, the restaurant and bar were excellent, and the view from the room was nice. The hotel is cnveniently located near a MARTA, and was easy to find in the car.

Nice New Year's Eve

by TripAdvisor Member adamunc

Stayed here last-minute for New Year's Eve. The lobby is very pleasant and upscale; staff were extremely professional at check-in despite dealing with some computer issues. The lobby bar, XO, specializes in cognacs and has a striking decor. It's a high-energy room, as there's really not much separation from the lobby proper or the door to Peachtree St. If you're looking for quiet lounge, go elsewhere.

The room was plush and well-designed with an attractive color scheme using rust, soft greens and yellows, as well as black, white and beige. The bed was exceedingly comfortable and the bathroom was all marble and large. There were a couple of odd layout decisions to me: The shower and commode were in a separate room off the vanity area and tub, yet there was no door to close for privacy. Also, in the entry area to the room, there is a small marble bar area set into the wall, which is really just a tabletop as there is no storage or shelving and the minibar/fridge is in the armoire halfway across the room. Just felt a little odd to me.

Self-parking is reasonable at $15 per day. The location is fine, very close to the MARTA stop in Buckhead and in fairly easy walking distance to several restaurants/bars. The shopping centers are walkable, but a bit of a hike--maybe 20 minutes.

Service at the Intercontinental was good; requested turn-down and got it on a busy New Year's Eve; came with nice chocolates, ice, and the standard linen and robe convenience placements. All in all, a good choice. It just lacks anything distinctive to separate it from a zillion other luxury business hotels.

Best New Years Eve Ever

Stayed over New Years Eve, this is the best hotel in Atlanta period. The hotel is new and is crisp. It's the staff, the spa and the great rooms that makes the hotel. When we checked in, the doormen were friendly, the lobby was filled with tasteful decorations for the celebration. A band was in the lobby and the bar was packed. We went to our room, the best room in the city easily, wait till you see the deep, deep tups in the bathroom. We went back to the lobby to eat in the restaurant, our reservation wasn't until 9:00 so we walked around the hotel. A manager wearing glasses saw us admiring the art and took the time to welcome us, tell us more about the art and the hotel. Typically stayed at the Four Seasons or the Ritz. The Ritz is tired and their staff all seems to be at this new hotel. The Intercon has a warm soul. I come in several times a year to visit family, I am now a priority club member and will always stay here.

The Skyride Cable Car to the TopThe Skyride Cable Car to the Top

shillingsshillings

Promotion of the Concept.Promotion of the Concept.

The dolls in the "patch"The dolls in the "patch"

places to eat/drink in Buckhead

by pmarshuk

Hi all
I'm going to be staying in at the Courtyard Hotel in Buckhead for a few days next week while on a training course. Can anyone recommend a few good places for eating and drinking in the area in case I'm stuck for something to do in the evenings.

Thanks

3368 Peachtree Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30326-1009
Phone: 404-816-9650

by enapier

i know that there is a maggiano's if you like italian food. it is right by lenox square mall

RE: RE: places to eat/drink in Buckhead

For steak: Bones
For pigging out all you can eat: Foggo de Chao
For Salsa dancing, Mojitos and cigars: The Havana Club

by elsensei

check out the bar at the InterContinental Hotel Buckhead. Good free music, food, and cozy too.

by pmarshuk

Thanks for all the tips

by Sunshine64

I really enjoyed the Buckhead Diner, which is not your typical diner. See my Atlanta page for details.

Comments