3300 Lenox Rd, Atlanta, Georgia, 30326, United States
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

More about JW Marriott Hotel Buckhead Atlanta

My old stomping grounds

by lindsayb25 about Residence Inn by Marriott Atlanta Cumberland

I worked here as a management trainee during summer 2003. While my boss has since left, I think Angela- one of the other sales managers still works there.

Tell her I said hello! free food, good location, nice people!

Get a "wedge" room

by TripAdvisor Member eclecticfun

For the past three years, my wife and I have dropped the kids off at Grandma's and stayed at the Lenox JW Marriott for a pre-Christmas getaway. As has been mentioned in these reviews, the hotel connects directly to the upscale Lenox Mall, which my wife, a devoted shop-a-holic, would note as the main attraction.

The hotel itself is quite nice without being ostentatious. The public areas downstairs are configured to be a bit more cozy than in some other venues, with no truly "big" rooms -- everything is laid out in boutique style. The hotel has self-parking in an adjoining garage for $15 a day, and of course valet service is available for an additional fee. There is also a MARTA station just across the street which connects you to the rest of the city of Atlanta if you do not have a car or other transportation.

Service has always been prompt and competent. Upon checking in this last time we asked for directions to the fitness room, only to be informed that it was under renovation and that the treadmills and weights had been moved temporarily into one of the meeting rooms. Well, we were very apprehensive, but one of the staff volunteered to show us the way, and we were surprised to find that the "temporary" room was more well-appointed than most of the permanent facilities we've seen elsewhere. There were three television monitors set up for those who like to watch TV while they sweat; the room had been mirrored, there was plenty of water, fruit and towels, and all the machines had been wiped down. (The only complaint is that two of the treadmills weren't functioning properly.)

If you book, we would suggest asking for one of the wedge shaped rooms in the corners of each floor. They are slightly bigger and because of their unique shape they give a different feel than the typical box-shaped hotel room. The armoire with the television and well-stocked minibar is set at an angle to the bed, and you have a big area near the window for the desk and chair/ottoman.

The bathrooms are the highlights of the accommodations, because of the dark marble everywhere (floors, walls, and shower). There is a separate tub and walk-in shower, with a great shower head with the wide "cascade" effect.

For romantics, this is a great hotel. The downstairs lobby bar has little nooks and crannies where you can find a sofa or love seat to sit together. In the rooms, the beds and bedding are plush and comfortable; there are two heavy hotel robes in the closet. The minibar is well-stocked (and not too frighteningly expensive), and for those who are looking for some more risque activities, the in-room movie selections are extensive, including the "adult" titles, which range from mildly titillating to . . . "yikes". (For those with children, there is a feature to allow you to block viewing.)

You can log on to the internet either with your laptop or with the keyboard/television interface (each for a fee, of course), and there are the usual bells and whistles with in-room bill viewing and music and games, etc.

One tip for shoppers: there is a restaurant on the far end of the Lenox Mall named "Prime", which features great steaks and good sushi. For a "mall" restaurant, it is very good, and for those who would rather not have to drive somewhere to eat while taking a break from swiping your credit card in the stores, it is a wonderful option.

Difficult to find. Rooms small.

by TripAdvisor Member pwrshift

For the price this was a disappointment - $290 a night. We drove around and around to find it. Finally called and got directions that they were behind Macy's in the Lenox shopping center - still couldn't find it but we found a security car who drove ahead of us, which was really nice.

As suggested below I asked for a wedge room - they never heard of it, so I described it. What a strange shape, and it was really small ... with a hallway to the bathroom where two people couldn't pass. I asked for a nicer room and got a 'normal' room which was a lot bigger, but still small compared to other JW Marriott's I've stayed at.

We were tired and ordered room service - it came in about 40 minutes and was great. Ordered breakfast for the room too as we were leaving early from out one night stay - it was good too. Didn't try the bars or restaurants. The new Revive JW Bedding was wonderful - almost too soft with the featherbed. Valet parking too expensive. No WIFI and there was a fee to connect - even Courtyards don't charge for that.

Basically I felt the room was overpriced and wouldn't go back...much preferred the Sheraton Suites over on Cobb Parkway.

Overrated

by TripAdvisor Member carolinagirl05

My family and I stayed at the JW for the first leg of our road trip- and to see the Georgia Aquarium. I researched various hotels and finally settled on the JW. First let me say that the hotel is lovely and the staff were wonderful. But it is definitely not a hotel for children. Our room was so small- I was shocked. The beds were comfortable and the linens great, but they were tight quarters. The worst part, however, was the fact that people- LOUD people- were still returning to their rooms at 1am. I could not believe the volume coming from the hallway at that late hour. We had tickets for the aquarium at 8am and it was very difficult to sleep. If I had it to do over, I would stay at a nice place outside of the city and drive in that morning.

Outstanding Service

by TripAdvisor Member cas0325

Despite being a little difficult to find and get in and out of, the staff at this hotel made our stay very enjoyable. They were prompt, polite and on the ball with every request. We asked for one of the corner "triangle" shaped rooms which was spacious nicely decorated. To top our stay off we got a great military rate and they even allowed us to pay for a partial day (vs. getting charged for another full night) because we had late evening flights out on our last day. I would defintely stay here again.

Loved the JW Marriott

by TripAdvisor Member gvldiva

My husband and I were in ATL to see the play, "Intimate Apparel" on Saturday May 13th. What a way to have a great weekend. The play and the JW Marriott! From the time we arrived until our departure, everything was wonderful. We had a corner room with a beautiful view of the ATL skyline on one side, and part of Buckhead on the other. The bed was amazing and puts the Westin beds to shame. The bathroom was beautiful with green marble. I liked the separate shower and the products. The room itself was bright and beautifully decorated. The walls were a soft yellow with drapes of rust, yellow, and sage green. In addition, our room had a beautiful loveseat. Oh did I mention the down comforter and all of the soft pillows.

I ordered room service and it came exactly as I ordered and for the time I ordered.

Being connected to Lenox Square was very convenient. Across the street is Houstons with the best ribs in ATL. But the best part was that I got it for a $69 bid on Priceline!

By the way, I liked it so much that I have already booked the JW Marriott in San Francisco for next week.

Yes, it is a little difficult to reach, but well worth it!

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member dom_b

Wow! I was completely unfamiliar with the greater Atlanta area, and had no idea where/what Buckhead was. I just figured that if they had a JW Marriott, it must be a pretty decent place (they don't build these things just anywhere, you know). Anyways, Buckhead was great, and the hotel was literally a 2 minute walk to the MARTA trains that will take you pretty much anywhere (downtown is about a 10 minute train ride).

I drove up from Orlando and parked the car with the valet figuring I’d need it again. Well, I didn't need to touch it until check out between MARTA and the hotel’s driver. The area is absolutely teeming with top notch restaurants (the concierge is superb and won’t steer you wrong in choosing) and they provide a complementary driver who picks you up in a stylish Lincoln Navigator and brings you and picks you up (a real treat). Also, the concierge is incredible. TWICE she managed to negotiate 8PM reservations at popular restaurants that had no availability. Apparently the JW concierge has some serious clout in Buckhead!

The rooms are great, decent size (about the size of a normal Marriott). Awesome bed, great view and excellent housekeeping. It is a little noisy between rooms, but that doesn't bother me. The gym, pool and sauna were very nice as were the rest of the facilities.

I would totally recommend staying here and am planning on going back up in a month and staying here again!

Outstanding Service!

by TripAdvisor Member MyTravelLog

I just returned from a weekend get-a-way at the JW. While the rooms were nice, it was the great service that made my experience so enjoyable. The staff (especially Cleveland, Peter and Felix) goes out of their way to ensure that hotel guests receive first-class treatment. One service that I really appreciated, as a single traveler, was the courtesy car. The JW has drivers who'll drop-off and pick-up guests from any destination within 3 miles before 11pm.

The hotel is surrounded by numerous stores (it is actually connected to the Lenox Square Mall) and a great selection of restaurants. The JW Marriott in Buckhead far exceeded my expectations and I can’t wait to return.

Great service in Buckhead at great price

Stayed at JW Marriott at Lenox Mall for July 4th weekend while visiting our son at Georgia Tech. Have stayed previously at Four Seasons, Grand Hyatt, Courtyard Midtown, and GT Hotel. Have had good rooms at all. Got great rate for holiday weekend at JW and had outstanding service by all. Very friendly and experienced staff. Most excellent valets ever. Did not eat at hotel as we had some breakfast in the mall at Corner Bakery. The hotel is a little difficult to get to but once you know the way - no problem. We had a corner (wedge ) room as per other TA reviews and it was very nice. Especially liked the separate full shower and large bathroom. Do wish it had 2 vanities, though. Very good bedding and sitting area. For the shoppers, this hotel is connected directly to Lenox Mall - no driving, parking, etc. Lobby bar area was busy and friendly and had good little coffee/pastry shop in the lobby. Overall hotel was in excellent shape. Not sure when last renovation was but it could not have been too long ago.

Awesome Hotel!!

I visited several hotels in the area before choosing JW Marriott. It was foremost the best for your money. JW offered class, cleanliness, friendly staff, and services. The other hotels in the vicinity did not offer nearly as much and their prices were much higher for the holiday weekend. I surprised my husband for his birthday and needless to say he LOVED IT! The room was clean and comfortable. The room service and food was excellent. I have stayed at some of the nicest hotels in the US and this was indeed one of the best in my book. We will definitely revisit this hotel and tell other out-of-state friends about this grand hotel. Whoever trains and hires your staff should be commended.

Comments