111 Perimeter Center W, Atlanta, Georgia, 30346, United States

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 10% higher than other 4 star hotels

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Affordable luxury outside the Perimeter

Normally I avoid W Hotels because they are overpriced and cramped. Maybe the chain has amended its ways or maybe I just got lucky with this hotel, but it was fantastic and surprisingly reasonable.

The W hotel Perimeter is a bit tricky to find and almost hidden behind the Perimeter Mall. Its about an hour from Hartsfield and about a half hour north of the city (and that's not with traffic). The out of the way location must deter visitors because the hotel was offering some great weekend specials.

The W has a combination of rooms and suites. The suites are enormous and contain a living room, full kitchen, separate bedroom with a comfy bed that blows away the Westin's heavenly beds and a lage bathroom with a great shower. All this for about half the price of a standard room at a W hotel in most cities.

The place is loaded with amenities too. In room massages and other spa services, business center and a restaurant and bar. Savu, the W's main restaurant, is supposed to serve great Asian food. All I can comment on is the American style breakfast, though. And it was pretty decent. There is a to-go cafe in the lobby for breakfast and lunch on the run too.

Unless you want or need to be within the city limits, definitely consider this hotel for a weekend stay when the rates are lower. It lives up to luxury standards at prices which are lower than downtown Atlanta hotels.

Directions: Located near the Perimeter Mall at I-285 and Dunwoody Road. Contact the hotel for directions. Whatever you do, do not rely on the website as it is inaccurate.

More about W Atlanta - Perimeter

Not a bad stay

by TripAdvisor Member theflytyr

I had reserved 3 rooms for the New Years Weekend and felt the rooms were comfortable. Hotel did not seem overly busy and even on New Years Eve was quite sedate. My previous exposure to W Hotels (ie Chicago) were of a hip, happenning type of hotel. I saw none of this at the Atlanta branch. I would avoid the "Suva" restaurant for breakfast as both my meals were average at best. Rooms as I stated were comfortable as was the shower although you can tell this was previously a Holiday Inn or Sheraton and they are just doing some superficial renovations to try and make it a "W". Probably a good business move by Starwood, but I expected a little more. I would stay again for the $179 internet rate but I would probably go to the Westin if I had to pay the regular $250 - $325 rate.

Could have been great!

We have stayed at the W Hotel once before and loved it. 2 years later we went back and it wasn't so great. We booked our night stay from the actual W Hotel website because it included "full" breakfast at the savu restaurant. When we arrived, we were asked if we wanted to upgrade our room for $40 extra dollars. Since it was a special trip, we did. Our "suite" was ok but not anything to write home about. It had a full size kitchen with a noisy refridgerator. I felt like I was staying in a pretty nice college apartment, not a place for a romantic getaway.
The breakfast turned out to be a $25 credit towards our meal after I argued with the front counter. That doesn't really qualify for full breakfast when the orange juice is $4.00. They said it wasn't included, thank goodness, I printed out the confirmation and had it in ink!
The hotel is just run down and the service is not so great. I think there are better places to stay for your money.

Loved the W

by TripAdvisor Member paulantx

I chose to stay at the W because of its location to Dr Woolfson, an awesome Lasik doctor! The hotel was located next to the perimeter mall, and the Cheesecake fatory. As a SPG member, I was given an upgade to a suite on the top floor. The room was perfect! The hotel was so trendy and comfortable. I slept like a rock in their beds. The full kitchen was nice to bring food back to the room and eat it later. After my surgery, the hotel gave my friend a ride to the store to pick up my rx. We had a fabulous time, the staff was wonderful, and the rooms were incredible. Would definately stay here again!!

Loathed the W

The Starwood chain's W hotel in Atlanta makes a super first impression--very hip, sexy lighting, lots of black and maple, staff all dressed in black. But it's a charade. I was put in a room right over a large rock band, playing in a tent until midnight. Front desk couldn't have cared less. Next morning, the room coffee maker (I've used many) wouldn't work. In bath, cold water faucet dripped incessantly. One of two telephone lines was dead. Room charges are outrageous. I was charged $8.51 for five minutes on the Internet. Staff is overbearingly, insultingly polite. When I checked out at 7 a.m., there was no management around to complain to. For $189 and up a night, they could do better.

They Try Too Hard

We had just a single night in the hotel on May 27th. Yeah, it's hip and loud but I really get the idea that they are trying too hard. Lobby was nice, music was loud (which didn't bother me a bit) staff was friendly and helpful. Upon checking-in and getting to our room, we found it to not be ready. A call to the front desk got the maid in the room quickly and we were told to head to the bar for a couple of drinks on the house.

So, out we went for dinner and to the bar for a nitecap. Back to the room we go and then no hot-water and no remote for the TV.

Calls to the desk for the remote went unanswered. The hot-water issue was resolved for the shower but still none in the sink.

Hats-off to the W for trying to help. Bottom-line was that issues were found and attempted to be addressed. For our stay, the W took $75 off of our final bill, a nice gesture.

I'd give them another chance, but I'd hope that issues like this are not rampant in the hotel for future guests.

Nice but far from the airport

Very nice hotel but its situated in the middle of suburban sprawl. If you've got an early flight the next morning, don't sleep - leave that night because the drive will take you forever. Plus the roads surrounding the hotel make it impossible to understand where you are going. GPS is almost a necessity to find the place. The bar was very and nice and had a hip, cool crowd on a week night.

WWW-Wonderful!!!

by TripAdvisor Member 20inchmo

This was my third trip to the W. As usual the hotel exceeds my expectations. The newly redesigned lobby is awesome. Great night life, with live band on Friday. I recieved drink coupons on my last night and we took our drinks out to the pool area. This hotel is extremely romantic and it seems to have been designed to entice. The hotel is in the burbs but I would not stay anywhere else, staying at the W becomes an addiction and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. The air did go out on our last night. We were offered a room at the Westin ( refused it). I sent an email to the GM and had my room refunded. Tip on getting a good rate, keep checking the website, especially close to your arrival dates. And book the suites, they are amazing!!!

What a disappointment

From past experierce, the name "W Hotel" brings to mind contempory quality and service. This was certainly not the case at this particular hotel. We arrived at 5:00 PM and were told that the king, NS room that we had reserved was not available and we would have double beds instead. While unloading our luggage in disappointment, we decided to go back to the desk and question why. We were told by a different person that we could have a king, but it was just not cleaned yet (at 5:00 PM!) We opted to wait. While sitting in the lobby waiting, we noticed how run-down it appeared. The carpet was worn, etc.

When we finally got our room, it was equally worn and in dire need of renovation. The bathroom fixtures were cheap, the faucets rattled. Interestingly, the TV in the room was to one side of the bed, which I've never ever seen in any hotel room. To watch it, you had to lie on your side and be lucky to have that side of the bed! To get hot water in the shower, you had to turn it on and go back in about 5 minutes. We really thought initially there was no hot water at all. The hallways and especially the elevators were filthy.

Unfortunately, this hotel has made us reluctant to trust the name "W" like we once did as a guarantee of a nice hotel.

Comments