Atlanta Hotels

Our Members Say

• rottenapple_nyc profile photo rottenapple_nyc
  • Reviews: 3

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

When moving to ATL

Seriously consider renting from a private landlords as many people don't keep the property up good so be careful with that. If you go that route be weary to the scam here that people break into a house to do a "showing" only to collect money for a move in that'll never happen. aother than that it depends where you will work,whether you drive, and what you like to do. I've lived in various places around Atlanta searching for a place I really liked and among them I like cobb county (smyrna, marietta and kennesaw) as well as gwinett (duluth). When looking in gwinnett stay away from norcross and lawrenceville. Certain parts of those cities are nice but crime rate is increasing at a steady rate. I didn't prefer Decatur..

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written April 20, 2012

• letscruise profile photo letscruise
  • Reviews: 3

Loews Atlanta Hotel: Luxury at Loews Atlanta

We got the "Enchantment Package" which included free valet parking, breakfast in bed, and a bottle of champagne the first night. We paid extra for a corner room on a upper floor with a view. What a room! Through the floor to ceiling windows, we could see Stone Mountain in the distance out one side and the downtown Atlanta skyline out the other side. The room was very luxurious and the bed was comfortable. The attached photo, borrowed from their website, shows almost exactly what our room looked like and the same view.

The service from everyone in the hotel was outstanding -- valet parkers, front desk staff, housekeepers and room service waiters. We didn't meet a surly or indifferent staff member during our 2 night stay. How refreshing.

Our weekend in Atlanta included a show at the Shakespeare Tavern and a concert at the Fox Theater the next night. This hotel was a convenient walk to both venues, through a nice part of town. Several good restaurants are also a close walk away. We ate at Empire State South (good!) which was practically next door to the hotel, before the concert.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Arts and Culture
  • Written November 25, 2011

corner room at Loew's Atlanta

• gingerbrodie profile photo gingerbrodie

Holiday Inn Express: Conyers Georgia Holiday Inn Express Suites

wonderful service from the desk clerk from the moment we checked in until our late departure, he was wonderful. Had a job interview at 1:30 and needed to get dressed and wait there for a little while after check out time. He let us stay for another hour and was so gracious about the request. The hotel rooms. pool, hot tub was extremely clean . The entire stay was super nice. I will stay in this hotel again !

super clean facilities, sparkling indoor heated pool and hot tub. Loved the floor plan with sofa, chairs, and flat screen tv as well as refrigerator, microwave, sink, and ambient lamps in one room as you enter, then a door and the bedroom follows with also a flat screen tv and wonderful linens.
I was so very pleased. They even have cookies for you when you check in!

• Written June 13, 2011

• gingerbrodie profile photo gingerbrodie

Holiday Inn Express: Conyers Georgia Holiday Inn Express Suites

wonderful service from the desk clerk from the moment we checked in until our late departure, he was wonderful. Had a job interview at 1:30 and needed to get dressed and wait there for a little while after check out time. He let us stay for another hour and was so gracious about the request. The hotel rooms. pool, hot tub was extremely clean . The entire! this hotel again

I was so very pleased. They even have cookies for you when you check in!

• Written June 13, 2011

• aishabella profile photo aishabella
  • Reviews: 1

Wyndham Garden Atlanta Airport Hotel: Comfortable hotel by the Airport

Missed my flight, and had to spend a night by the Atlanta Airport. The staff at the hotel was extremely welcoming and made me very comfortable during my stay. My luggage was checked through, but the front desk gave me a nice goodie bag of toiletries. Very comfortable beds! All in all a nice hotel to wait out the bad weather in Atlanta.

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Aquarium
  • Written March 19, 2011

• msbrandysue profile photo msbrandysue
  • Reviews: 771

Hampton Inn Atlanta/Newnan: My Favorite Place

*Update*
I recently stayed by myself in the King SUITE. It really isn't worth the extra $20. The regular rooms are just as nice. The suite just has a couch and I didn't even use it, other than to put my suitcase. I also booked this room on the actual Hampton Inn website and the prices were the same as Expedia. But you might as well price compare just to be safe. :)

The Hampton Inn and Suites has won over my heart. I have stayed at Hampton Inns throughout the United States and am always pleasantly pleased. In Atlanta this is right off of the freeway when coming into town from Alabama and very close to many places to get gas and dinner/lunch.

Why is Hampton Inn the place to stay? The service, the room, breakfast and location.

The service was excellent. Everyone was kind, welcoming, and helpful.

The breakfast was out of this world. They had every type of food you could eat for breakfast. Cereal, waffles, bacon, sausage, fruit, danishes, etc, etc. All sorts of juice and coffee.

And, last but not least, the important part...the room! When I walked in I was very impressed. The beds were huge and very comfy. There was a flat screen tv and lots of good channels. I spent most of my time using the free Internet connections looking up addresses and planning the events of my trip. It was quiet, comfy and peaceful. Everything I enjoy in a night in.

Other amenities I enjoyed: pool, FREE wireless internet, cable tv

***Use the VT site or Expedia to find the best price! Through VT I found a price of $109 a night but on the actual Hampton Inn site the prices were $199!!! Also, you may want to join their rewards program. Sometimes they'll give you 1000 points to stay a night and offer such deals as free Webkinz for kids and stuff like that. It changes so you may want to check out their website.

PS....I am in no way connected to this chain. I just really, really like them.

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Road Trip
  • Written January 17, 2010

• Yaqui profile photo Yaqui
  • Reviews: 4534

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hilton Atlanta Northeast: Comfortable and Friendly!

Stayed here for business travel. Was not disappointed. The building had gone through being remodeled. The rooms decor was updated and comfortable. The staff were so friendly and helpful. Would not mind if we stayed here again when we all visit.

Audio/Visual Equipment Rental
Photo Copying Service
Printer
Cribs
High chairs
For your comfort and convenience
Automated Teller (ATM)
Pool

• Related to: Road Trip, Business Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written November 8, 2009
Tip Photo

• balfor profile photo balfor
  • Reviews: 257

Midway twixt Downtown and Stone Mountain

Decatur would be a good area to look for a hotel that is midway between downtown and Stone Mountain. I've not stayed in them however, so checking them out yourself is always advisable. The LaVista road exit on I-285 has a number of hotels as well as a few good restaurants nearby. it has easy access to the highway or you can take LaVista from I-285 to I-85 if you'd rather see a bit of the city. During rush hour, that probably wouldn't be a good idea as it can back up a bit, but it takes you through a few nice areas and past a couple of shopping and dining areas.

LaVista Rd is two exits north (on I-285) from the highway to Stone Mountain (78). To get to the aquarium, you could follow LaVista to I-85 and then south to the International Blvd exit, which will take you the Aquarium area. There is another street that is a bit closer but I don't remember the name of it off the top of my head. I THINK it is Luckie St, but there are signs for the Aquarium off of that street. This is when coming from the north toward downtown. International is the one to take if you are coming from the south side of town.

If you decide to check out Decatur, it has a lovely downtown area with quite a few places to eat and would be a nice drive to get to both locations.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written April 8, 2008

• ChadSteve1975 profile photo ChadSteve1975
  • Reviews: 258

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Woodruff Inn - Atlanta Hostel: The only hostel I found in Atlanta

When there is no competition and no appreciation for the hostel style of travel in a country you're going to come across places which in terms of world standards just don't measure up. And well Atlanta is one of those places.

They had one solitary hostel I could find on the net. And it was as I expected ordinary.

It's only redeeming feature was wireless internet. But even that you had to pay an exhorbinate fee for.

They just don't get this style of travel in this part of the world I think. The beds were horrendous, the showers OMG they were worse. Heck there was one bathroom which had a glass frosted window into which people could look. Not on. This place needed a refurbish into a real hostel.

It was a cheap drop in centre. Not a travelers hostel.

The hostel is at best described as a character old home. Couches in the dining area are homely and inviting. It's a shame there isn't the demand for this sort of accomodation in Atlanta to encourage improvement.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Road Trip, Backpacking, Singles
  • Written February 8, 2008
Tip Photo

all that atlanta has in terms of hostels

• mystica119 profile photo mystica119

Days Inn Stone Mountain: This was paradise

This was paradise for a quality hotel to cost this little is awesome everything was great from the friendly service to the beautiful rooms if your ever in the neighborhood stop and stay awhile you will not regret it.

Perfect area close to stores restraunts and everything

• Related to: Budget Travel, Theme Park Trips, Family Travel
  • Written March 18, 2007

• Yankee10025 profile photo Yankee10025
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Suburban: Low rate with a kitchen

We got 2 beds for about $30 a night when we paid for 7 nights so when we split the cost it was less than $120 for each of us for the week. It was 1/2 the price of the other hotels in the area. We were pleased at how clean our room was and we had free internet service and phone calls even to our families in Michigan and Iowa. If you are on a budget, this is a great place to stay.

We had a little kitchen with a stove, sink, and cookware. The fridge was waist high, but it was big enough for us. My friend and I saved a lot of money by buying groceries and cooking meals in our room.

There was a fun bowling ally next door where we relaxed and listened to music. They had good food there and they served beer.

The only thing this hotel needed was a pool.

• Related to: Work Abroad, Business Travel
  • Written January 16, 2007

• lindsayb25 profile photo lindsayb25
  • Reviews: 40

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Residence Inn by Marriott Atlanta Cumberland: My old stomping grounds

I worked here as a management trainee during summer 2003. While my boss has since left, I think Angela- one of the other sales managers still works there.

Tell her I said hello!

free food, good location, nice people!

• Written March 25, 2004

• just4funds profile photo just4funds
  • Reviews: 72

Marriott Evergreen Resort at Stone Mountain Park: Poshest State Park Digs

There for a trade meeting in January 2004. The facility is in impeccable condition, and the conference services are outstanding. The shared refreshment locations found in the common hallways were always full, and were changed 3 times throughout the day to more fitting snacks.

This hotel/spa/conference center is set along the wooded shore of a lake in the Stone Mountain Park property. Many of the guest rooms have a view of Stone Mountain, although that is obscured by the trees.

• Written January 25, 2004
Tip Photo

Stone Mtn is back there, really!

• Frisbeeace profile photo Frisbeeace
  • Reviews: 371
Marriott's Courtyard and Fairfield Inn Downtown: If on a budget.....

Being a fan of the Marriott chain of hotels I know plenty of them. These two Marriott's, the Courtyard and the Fairfield Inn Downtown don't outstand among their respective families. They are both adjacent to a highway, 2 blocks from Peach St. and 10' walk from the Convention Center. Clean and neat but humble.

• Written April 26, 2003

• Frisbeeace profile photo Frisbeeace
  • Reviews: 371
Chateau Elan Winery & Resort: A nice retreat in the countryside

This is an impressive resort in the outskirts of Atlanta, among mild rolling hills. The hotel is very nice as well as both golf courses. The area is definitely boring with little to do outside the hotel. I stayed for some seminars and business meetings so I had little free time (thanks God!). Honeymooners, spa addicts and golf fans.... go ahead! Others, look elsewhere.

• Written April 21, 2003